after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

Discus and support after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mitchell Bigmore, Jan 12, 2024.

1. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my connection doesn't work, my xbox one S still works fine though so it's the xbox's problem and not the router or modem. My current temporary solution is plug an ethernet cord between the One and series X, turn on both then have the One establish a connection to the X then turn the One off

:)

Mitchell Bigmore, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Mitchell, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to reset your console?

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Sync data issue

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. The article entitled, "Syncing Xbox One game saves to the cloud error messages" contains
    information about this issue. If the solutions in the article do not resolve the issue, we recommend clearing the local saved games. We will provide steps on how to clear local saved games. Be sure to let us know the results!

How to clear local saved games:

• Press the Xbox button on the controller
    • Go to Settings
    • Select System
    • Select Storage
    • Select Clear local saved games
  4. choppyseize Win User

Storage bug

Hello

You can try clearing the MAC address and local saved storage ( You won't lose anything it's all saved to the could)

To clear the saved data- Go to settings. All settings, System, Storage, Delete local saved games.

to clear the MAC address. To do that just go to your network settings, click advanced network settings, alternate MAC address, select clear, then reset. Your console will restart at that point.
  5. Keenan Gulickx Win User

I cant login with backwards compatible games

If i try on my normal wifi/cable i get error code 8015190E

I have tried on my old and new console :

Changing dns

Deleting account

Clear mac address

Reset console

Clear locale save games

Clear local xbox 360 storage

And i have tried it all with restarting console

And even after i first time booted my console when it came in last week
  6. choppyseize Win User

Xbox One backwards compatible save stuck in “Pending Upload”

It sounds like a corrupted cloud save. You may want to try clearing local saved games

To clear the saved data- Go to settings. All settings, System, Storage, Delete local saved games. (Don't worry you won't lose anything. Everything is already saved to the cloud)

You may want to try clearing the MAC address as well. To do that just go to your network settings, click advanced network settings, alternate MAC address, select clear, then reset. Your console will restart at that point.
Thema:

1. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away - Similar Threads - selecting Clear local

2. Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...: Hello my name is Antonio I have been playing Eso for years and for the past week It has not been letting me load up my main just gets stuck on character select screen i’ve tried reinstalling the...
  3. Selection boxes on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Selection boxes on pc: So i somehow made selection mode on my pc and i cant get out of it i press w a s d and it moves it so i cant do anything i think i pressed a key or something 96356529-b141-48b7-9acf-31c0586fe63e
  4. I have ordered a controller i selected the pay on 3 instalments and it’s taken the money...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have ordered a controller i selected the pay on 3 instalments and it’s taken the money...: I designed a customisable xbox controller it is a fallout4 one and i had paid £32.15. I don’t know if i have to just wait because it has already taken money out....
  5. The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding, I cannot select any letter...: The virtual keyboard of my Xbox one x console is not responding. I cannot select and letter to enter apart from space where it's stuck at. Any help? 47ec77e6-18c4-4fee-94d6-b79c568395f2
  6. Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot select Cloud as a device option when launching Skate 3.: Hi, I’ve tried absolutely EVERYTHING to get this to work, but my main problem is that I can’t select cloud save as an option in “select a device” when launching Skate 3 on my Xbox 360, so I...
  7. I'm getting Error 0x827025b when I launch astroneer on the xbox pc app. ONLY A SELECT FEW...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm getting Error 0x827025b when I launch astroneer on the xbox pc app. ONLY A SELECT FEW...: I don't know what to do and everything I have tried has failed, I'm not even sure is Microsoft employees know what this error is, I tried updating windows, updating windows, updating the Xbox app...
  8. Having issues with the A select button not working on some screens

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues with the A select button not working on some screens: The A “Select” button does not work on some screens while it works on others. This issue is occurring across multiple controllers (3 different ones) and multiple games. For instance, I cannot get...
  9. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I tried to watch hulu one day, started up the controller and console like normal, was able to open hulu with the buttons but after that all buttons except L3 R3 RT LT stopped working, I've tried...
  10. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...