After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

Discus and support After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TozuLIVE, Jan 28, 2024.

1. TozuLIVE
    TozuLIVE Guest

After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the...

Good afternoon, today my Xbox One (original) decided to randomly stop reading the disc in my disc tray. I checked the disc and it was perfectly fine. After putting the disc back into the tray, the disc wouldn’t come out. I had to force the disc (GTA 5) to pop out. After doing that and restarting the xbox the game was finally able to be played… or at least that’s what I thought because what I didn’t realize is that my console randomly, and for absolutely no reason, decided to uninstall all of 42 GBs worth of updates. No warning whatsoever. Has this kind of issue been reported before?

:)

TozuLIVE, Jan 28, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the console suddenly uninstalled the updates on the disc?

Hi TozuLIVE, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

I never saw this happen before.

Inserting and removing a disc shouldn't delete any files from your console.

Is your console able to read other discs?

Have you tried to reinstall the game after that?
  3. McFragPants Win User

Can't play Halo 4 - legit copy

your disc reader might be screwed up. Take the disc in and out until it works and restart your xbox to see if that helps.

My disc reader was screwed up on my old xbox and would always say open tray or think the game is a dvd. The only way I would play is after restarting my xbox until it read the disc
  4. Ma7ter chief 00 Win User

Skylanders Swap Force disk read error

first check for any scratches, dints or fingerprints if you find one or more of the following clean the disc with a soft cloth then restart the Xbox, If the problem still persists trade your game in for a new one and repeat the previous steps if problems
    still persists try opening and closing the disc tray this restarts the laser reading the disc causing it to read a new area if lucky it will let you play.
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

Slim E68'd. Help! Possibly Microsoft dun goofed with its Beta.

Are you sure your disc tray is fully closed?

Sometimes an E64 error can be caused by an open / stuck disc tray

Check this tutorial for manually opening your disc tray: Click here

After you tried this, try turning on your xbox again.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Game downloaded to hard drive but still won't work, I have the disc.

Yeah, if the crack is causing the console to not be able to read the disc properly, then it still won't work even if you have the game installed. The console still has to be able to read the disc on startup to verify you have the disc in the tray.
Thema:

1. After restarting my xbox because of an issue causing the tray not to read discs, the... - Similar Threads - restarting issue causing

2. My Xbox one is stuck at 86% on an update. I have restarted it multiple times and the update...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one is stuck at 86% on an update. I have restarted it multiple times and the update...: I don't have a computer to reset it using a USB none of the solutions I have seen online have worked submitted by /u/Mias_mandibles [link] [comments]
  3. Avatar wont update even after restart of console

in XboX Insiders
    Avatar wont update even after restart of console: I would love a rework on the avatars program as it never updates and this is very frustrating . submitted by /u/Tough_Recording_3176 [link] [comments]
  4. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  5. When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart: When I do a offline update my xbox shuts off midway through the verfying process and doesn't restart to continue. 4f3b165f-a760-483d-9702-9b93a1fb61d0
  6. My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...

in XBoX on Windows
    My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...: My adapter died a few months ago and I’ve only just replaced it, and when I turned it on for the first time there was an update. I started the update and the Xbox turned off at the end without...
  7. I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.

in XboX Insiders
    I have to restart my Laptop anytime I want to go into an xbox party.: Just as the title says, I have to restart my laptop every time I want to go into an Xbox party. after I restart my laptop, it'll allow me to go into xbox parties but after a while of not using the...
  8. Wired Connection Issues After Restarting Console

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Connection Issues After Restarting Console: Why do I always have to manually type my IP address after restarting my Series X? It’s never worked automatically for as long as I’ve owned the console. submitted by /u/dval561 [link] [comments]
  9. TV auto restart issue with XBOX Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV auto restart issue with XBOX Series X: Hi All, My XBOX Series X is having a strange issue. Whichever TV we connect and play after a while the TV starts behaving in a weird way. It keeps automatically restarting and keeps doing it...
  10. How do I stop an issue where any time I try starting a game my xbox series s restarts...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop an issue where any time I try starting a game my xbox series s restarts...: I have restarted my console and factory reset it multiple times and have also uninstalled and reinstalled the games but nothing seems to work b2cb3280-0bc4-4498-9eeb-68dcb4ad5d69