After network transfer, still need disc to play?

Discus and support After network transfer, still need disc to play? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My kids each have their own XBOX. Both are hooked up to our home WiFi network. One kid owns Battlefront II and likes to do multiplayer. The other kid... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by momthexboxproblemsolver, Aug 26, 2019.

1. After network transfer, still need disc to play?

My kids each have their own XBOX. Both are hooked up to our home WiFi network. One kid owns Battlefront II and likes to do multiplayer. The other kid wants to also do multiplayer, on his own XBOX, at the same time. I did a network transfer and it appears
    to be ready to play on the other XBOX; however, when my kid tries to play it, it says he needs to insert the disc. I can't do that because my other kid is playing it on his XBOX.

Am I going to have to buy another copy of the game so they can both play and they will stop hounding me? Please help before I throw both XBOXes out the window.

:)

momthexboxproblemsolver, Aug 26, 2019
  2. ItsLC Gaming Win User

for discs yes you need another copy for the other xbox, all its done is copy the game but it needs the licence which the disc is
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey mom

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand you are inquiring about sharing games across your Xbox One consoles.

As stated by Xbox Forums Ambassador ItsLC Gaming & Smwutches
    stated, there is no way to play a game you installed via a physical copy on more than one Xbox One without the disc.

However, using the

Home Xbox
    feature, you can purchase a game digitally and then share that game onto another console in your home. This even works with subscriptions so you do not have to invest more than necessary.

This is how you can

enable the Home Xbox features
    on your other console:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Personalization, and then select
      My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following:
      • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
      • Select Remove this as my home Xbox to remove the designation.

Again, you would purchase this on one account [referred to as the primary account] and then you would add this account momentarily to the other console and follow these instructions on that console.

Just bear in mind, that you will need to be connected to Xbox Live on the console where your primary account is in order to continue playing any of those digital games.

In order to prevent further repetitive answers, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  4. Smwutches Win User

If the game is owned on disc, then only 1 account can play at a time. The game would need to be purchased digitally in order to be able to share on the consoles. A network transfer only moves files in between consoles so you don't have to download them
    again, but it doesn't have any effect on licensing.
  5. Belle B Win User

Xbox game transfer.

Hi ScopedZA

Unfortunately, if you had the game on the disc, you would still need the disc in. When you network transfer, you don't need to reinstall the game on the new console thus, the game license would still depend on the disc.

And as advertised, the Xbox series S is an all-digital console.
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Please explain: Purchase Physical Game vs Download from Marketplace.

The disc is needed for verification that you still own it.

The reason for instalation is the data transfer from a bluray disc is too slow for the console to play the game.
Thema:

1. After network transfer, still need disc to play? - Similar Threads - network transfer still

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  4. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  5. Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.: I recently got the series x and I managed to transfer most of my games over to my new Xbox but for some reasons reason the last few games don’t want to install, and when I try the ‘mbps’ doesn’t...
  6. Network transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer: Can you turn off network transfer when all of your games have finally been downloaded in your new Xbox 6cd0119f-07bb-46d7-b451-a1f9d0726b47
  7. Do i need to network transfer for disc games??

in XBoX on Windows
    Do i need to network transfer for disc games??: Im currently switching to a series X from my one s and i was wondering if i need to network transfer for disc games for instance i have forza horizon 5 on disc which i played on my one s but want...
  8. xbox turns off during network data transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox turns off during network data transfer: Hi Microsoft: 4 Questions: 1). Xbox turning off during data transfer: I am trying to transfer all info possible from my old Xbox one to new Xbox X. When doing so, it takes a long time. Each...
  9. How do I transfer clips and screenshots from Xbox Network to OneDrive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer clips and screenshots from Xbox Network to OneDrive?: I have spent the last couple of days trying to back up my captures from my Xbox to the onedrive. I have upgraded my storage to 100GB of space. I have just over 10GB of captures to upload, so space...
  10. Do you own this game or app? After network transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you own this game or app? After network transfer: Hello, I’ve received the “do you own this game or app?” error after transferring games from my Xbox one to my Xbox one x. Is there anyway to fix this? Both the xboxs were logged into the same...