After latest update , my series X no longer does 4k

Discus and support After latest update , my series X no longer does 4k in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Console updated, but no longer does 4k only up to 1440 . I still game in 4k on my pc . So samsung tv is not the problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by QuiDonGinn, May 13, 2024.

1. QuiDonGinn
    QuiDonGinn Guest

Console updated, but no longer does 4k only up to 1440 . I still game in 4k on my pc . So samsung tv is not the problem

:)

QuiDonGinn, May 13, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi QuiDonGinn, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your console, so we can rule out settings issue.

Before you continue, make sure you've got the account sign-in information. You'll need it to log back into your console after the reset.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

The upcoming X-Box Series X

Yes, I currently own an X Box One X

When does the new X Box series X release this year?

Will it have blue-ray?

I have a 65 inch, 4K television.

Will I see a difference in graphics with the new X Box on my 4K?
    Xbox Series X will release Holiday 2020, given Xbox's track record of releasing new consoles, they've usually been around November.

It will have Blu-Ray.

With the Xbox One X, it uses checkerboarding to get 4K resolution, though it's not true 4K, it's what allows the One X to get to 4K,

With the Xbox Series X, it will use true native 4K, you may see that the Series X will look a little better at 4K than the One X at 4K.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Can i unshrink ganes on xbox series s

Yes but as mentioned you will have issues

It upscales not native

Only the xbox one x and series x are 4k native

https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/xbox-series-x-vs-xbox-series-s

The reason why smart delivery compresses files because of the CPU and GPU power and storage limitations

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/consoles/compare

True 4k vs 1440p

Most.games will.only run 1080p max on series s

It will do less CPU intensive stuff like 4k streaming

Series x does 4k 60hx with possible 120hz (dropped fps )

Xbox one x does only 4k 30hz
  6. ngocphi Win User

IS IT POSSIBLE That XBOX SERIES S 8K UPSCALES

Nothing does 8k except for tech demos because disks can't hold 8k and player does 8k you have e.to wait for a future update

And series s isn't capable of 8k it only upscale to 4k only series x and maybe the refreshed ps5 coming out soon could possibly do 8k

Series x we have to wait and see when the update happen
Thema:

1. After latest update , my series X no longer does 4k - Similar Threads - latest update series

2. Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates

in XboX Insiders
    Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates: After the latest ALPHA ring updates, I noticed that the console takes a long time to turn off, I have the console in energy saving mode. I also found the console turned off but instead it was...
  3. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  4. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  5. Dolby audio problems after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby audio problems after latest update: Alpha Ring — Dolby atmos and Dolby digital no longer works after the latest update. No audio from the system, games, movies or blu-ray when Dolby output selected. Anyone else having Dolby audio...
  6. Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...: After a system update my Xbox one S has been unusable. It would switch on but nothing would load. I followed the steps for an offline reset, this worked for a few days, then the same problem...
  7. My Xbox One will not receive new update, latest status says update failed with this number...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox One will not receive new update, latest status says update failed with this number...: My Xbox One will not update, says latest status failed with this number (0x8B050084) please help c860f7a5-7cbb-4aa8-860c-2634ace38296
  8. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  9. Problem with netflix after latest xbox series x console update

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with netflix after latest xbox series x console update: [img] Hi everyone after the last two xbox console updates I am having issues with netflix where if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charging cable I get this error on netflix I never...
  10. Xbox series X wont boot after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X wont boot after latest update: I updated my series X yesterday and played it just fine, however when i went to turn it on the light comes on and then fades out, no power on sound, no video output, the most i could get it to do...