After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video

Discus and support After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an XBox Series X Connected to a Denon Receiver and then to an LG OLED TV. I leave my XBox on all the time. Ever since the last system update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JohnKrempasky, Dec 11, 2023.

1. After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video

I have an XBox Series X Connected to a Denon Receiver and then to an LG OLED TV. I leave my XBox on all the time.

Ever since the last system update last week, When I switch my receiver video input to Xbox, there is no video displayed on my TV; to get video I have to manually turn off my Xbox and turn it back on.

I have changed no connections or settings at all, only change was the update. I have tried turning the HDMI-CEC settings off and on in Xbox settings to no effect.

What do I need to do to be able to simply switch my receiver from say cable or my blue ray to Xbox and not have to turn my Xbox off and on to get video display?

:)

JohnKrempasky, Dec 11, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video

Hello JohnKrempasky,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello JohnKrempasky,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X after the latest system update. We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused you and we are aware of the issues that occurred after the updates. We can help you how to get to the bottom of this.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can suggest:

1. Power cycle your devices: Try turning off your Xbox, receiver, and TV, and then unplugging them from the power source for a few minutes. Then, plug them back in and turn them on again.

2. Try to configure again your device with CEC. See: How do I control other devices using HDMI-CEC? | Xbox Support

3. Make sure to report this issue and choose the Report with advanced diagnostics option. Make sure to include information like audio setup, when this issue occurred, troubleshooting steps tried, and other relevant info. See: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. ChristopheDeppe Win User

No longer getting Surround sound when watching TV through XBO

Except even with the optical cable the surround sound is gone once you switch inputs on your receiver (if you have one). I.e. I switch inputs between my 360 and one quite often and as soon as I return to my xbox one the surround sound is gone until I restart
    the system. So there's definitely a MAJOR bug with the last update.
  5. ChristopheDeppe Win User

No longer getting Surround sound when watching TV through XBO

I have the same problem since the last update. It seems to be OK when I boot my xbox, but once I change the input on my receiver and switch it back it's stuck in stereo until I reboot the xbox. Something in the last update definitely broke surround sound
    for TV watching.
  6. jcage22 Win User

Xbox One X keeps switching to 7.1 from bitstream

it's all run through a logitech harmony hub. Power sequence is TV, Receiver, Xbox. However switching to the xbox input for the reciever comes after the Xbox powers on, and the harmony app doesn't allow me to power on the xbox after inputs are changed.
    All the power steps have to come first for some reason. I'll try switching inputs manually before powering on the xbox to see if it makes a difference
Thema:

1. After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video - Similar Threads - last System Update

2. The last Xbox One update (9z) 11-10-23 has corrupted my system.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The last Xbox One update (9z) 11-10-23 has corrupted my system.: After applying OSU1 it's stucks at verifying progress 100% but after restart i seems an error E100 **** 0002. Why don't Microsoft communities are not checking there system updates with various...
  3. Last Xbox X upgrade broke my system!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Last Xbox X upgrade broke my system!: Hi, My Xbox Series X got updated 18/7-2023 Since then there have been constant signal drop during gaming! The screen vil turn black for 1-2 seconds an then come back again. I have not changed...
  4. this june xbox system update is nothing changed the other last two updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    this june xbox system update is nothing changed the other last two updates.: im sick of the xbox dashboard being the same since the xbox series x launch im sick of the same old dash sounds. just update the xbox series x dashboard for xbox series x only completley its...
  5. Why are the xbox 360 system update links dead? it's been only 3 years since the last...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the xbox 360 system update links dead? it's been only 3 years since the last...: not only the console itself still has it's uses but some scripts and programs like the freenect which makes using kinect v1 on windows,mac and linux possible is now can't compile because it can't...
  6. Xbox one x 4K recording problem after last system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x 4K recording problem after last system update: I use xbox one x and until yesterday I was able to record my videos normal (I always record in 4K) and today after update I can't record anymore, is record only 20s and that file has an error. I...
  7. Problem with slow loading homescreen dashboard since last system update that went out for...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with slow loading homescreen dashboard since last system update that went out for...: I have started noticing an issue with the homescreen dashboard slow loading times for the homescreen dashboard takeing longer than normal to load everything thing up. when this issue started to...
  8. Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive: Had a system update last night. Since than it won't recognize my 2 tb xbox seagate external. Still recognizes my ssd. But not my main. Have followed all trouble shooting and tried different ports....
  9. Keep getting E203 after the last 3 system updates

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting E203 after the last 3 system updates: For some reason I keep getting E203 errors for the past 3 updates to the console. I restart the Xbox One (Not S or X), and that fixes the issue, but I shouldn't have to do it, as it should work...
  10. Kinect 2.0 stopped working after last system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect 2.0 stopped working after last system update: I've got a problem with Kinect 2.0 on my XOS. After last system update my Kinect stopped working. I followed the troubleshooting steps but with no success. My console didn't recognize the sensor....