After ejecting Blu-Ray disc, screen goes blue while Xbox is on/Cannot use

Discus and support After ejecting Blu-Ray disc, screen goes blue while Xbox is on/Cannot use in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I ejected a Blu-Ray disc from my Xbox One S and I am stuck at a blue screen and cannot fix it. I’ve reset the console multiple times, as well as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SPARGELKOHL, Feb 15, 2021.

1. SPARGELKOHL
    SPARGELKOHL Guest

I ejected a Blu-Ray disc from my Xbox One S and I am stuck at a blue screen and cannot fix it.

I’ve reset the console multiple times, as well as fiddling with the HDMI to no avail. Has this happened to anyone else.

Thanks.

:)

SPARGELKOHL, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Screamscape Win User

Problem reading dvd discs?

Nope, none of those solutions are even close to this issue Mister Mascot.

This is some kind of new software bug, because it wasn't an issue up until the other day.

I can put in any game disc (Xbox 360 if backwards compatible) or Xbox One and they play just fine.

I've put in about 4 or 5 different Blu-Ray movies and they play just fine,

but if I put in any DVD movie, and these are all movies that I've played successfully before this week,

the Blu-Ray app loads (blue screen) and then everything goes black.

From here the console refuses to respond to any commands sent from the controller, including pressing the xbox button to go to the home screen. In short, once the screen goes black, the console is locked up unless you physically get up and press the disc
    eject button. Once the DVD comes out, everything returns to normal.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Does my Xbox One need to be repaired?

Hi,

There are two lasers in the Xbox One console Blu-ray drive. The red laser reads DVD discs, with Xbox 360 games using DVD as their storage medium. While the Blue laser is used to read Blu-ray discs. It's a little disingenuous to call these drives 'disc readers'.

This why your Xbox One disc games work, but 360 and DVD movies do not.

Unfortunately this issue can't be fixed by the user, you'll need a repair.
  4. Francia J. Win User

XBox One won't play DVD

You’re welcome and thank you for the update. With the error code that please follow the steps below from Xbox Support:

“To resolve this problem, eject the disc and restart the Xbox One console:

Eject the Blu-ray Disc from the console.

1. From Xbox Home, with Blu-ray in the big application tile, move the focus to the Blu-ray tile, and then press the Menu button on your controller.

2. Select Quit. If "Quit" is not available, the app is already closed.

3.Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

4. Select Profile & system > Power > Restart console > Restart.

5. After the console restarts, reinsert the Blu-ray Disc.”
  5. Francia J. Win User

XBox One won't play DVD

You’re welcome and thank you for the update. With the error code that please follow the steps below from Xbox Support:

“To resolve this problem, eject the disc and restart the Xbox One console:

Eject the Blu-ray Disc from the console.

1. From Xbox Home, with Blu-ray in the big application tile, move the focus to the Blu-ray tile, and then press the Menu button on your controller.

2. Select Quit. If "Quit" is not available, the app is already closed.

3.Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

4. Select Profile & system > Power > Restart console > Restart.

5. After the console restarts, reinsert the Blu-ray Disc.”
  6. Hordie Win User

*Help please* Microsoft....I'm about to finally give up with you!

1. When setting up my Kinect I'm noticing a few random white pixels sometimes and also a fine dark line going through the middle of the screen (when looking at yourself with the Kinect)

I didn't notice this. does it show when you go to the kinect settings and do what kinect sees?

2.I put in a blu ray and it didn't read, I took the blu ray out and put it back in then it worked fine. Couldn't get it to do it again. Plus the only game I have at the mo is fifa which is a digital download so I can only do this with films.

3. While blu ray was playing I was messing around in the menu dashboard while it was still playing and noticed a few jumps here and there sometimes.

4. I've been silly enough to let the blue blu ray screen pop up when loading and then quickly eject the disc for it to come out this isn't a blu ray disc.

How many bluray's have you tested... if just one this could be a disk. I would recommend trying with another disc and/or if a friend has an xbox one, try a game of his, or try your disc over there. That will at least tell you
    if your console may need servicing.
Thema:

1. After ejecting Blu-Ray disc, screen goes blue while Xbox is on/Cannot use - Similar Threads - ejecting Blu Ray

2. Original Xbox not powering on but eject button works.

in XboX Insiders
    Original Xbox not powering on but eject button works.: Found my original Xbox, brand new condition. Plugged in Power, plugged in AV, the power button simply does not work. However the eject button for the CD does work, whilst it doesn’t extend the CD...
  3. How do I reset my Xbox Series S to 60hz with no eject button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I reset my Xbox Series S to 60hz with no eject button?: How do I reset my Xbox Series S to 60 hertz, I’ve been looking at other replies but they all say to hold an eject button, but Xbox Series S’ don’t have an eject, they only have power and pair,...
  4. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  5. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  6. Eject Issue on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Eject Issue on Series X: I would like to request that this is dealt with. It really ought not be an issue. The issue is with the Series X detecting the disc in the machine. Latest instance is playing a game - requiring a...
  7. Power/Eject Ribbon Cable Clip?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power/Eject Ribbon Cable Clip?: I was cleaning my series x and accidentally damaged my power/eject cable clip, My xbox powers on and ejects but the light on the power button won't turn on. What do I do?...
  8. troubleshoot, eject ad bind buttons don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    troubleshoot, eject ad bind buttons don't work: my Xbox one x is blocked on te green screen of death. I searched online how to resolve and I saw the tutorial from Xbox site. Problem is my bind and eject buttons do not work and so I can't enter...
  9. Blu Ray discs will not play unless I eject and reinsert.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu Ray discs will not play unless I eject and reinsert.: Ever since the Fall 2017 update, my Xbox One (OG) console will not play Blu-Ray discs when I first insert them. The Blu-Ray app will not auto-start, and if I manually select the app, I just get...
  10. Blu that played 2 days ago wont play and wont eject

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu that played 2 days ago wont play and wont eject: Turned it off and on again Uninstalled app and reinstalled Checked for updates What else? Had several issues with Xbox, and getting very peed off. 2df26e2b-4736-41a2-b1e3-259fa6643f7a