After changing my main Microsoft email, I lost access to some games I had purchased

Discus and support After changing my main Microsoft email, I lost access to some games I had purchased in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The one I care about the most is Minecraft, I had both Java and Bedrock purchased on my account, and now I lost access to both. I haven't played them... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Adriano Camacho, Aug 3, 2023.

1. After changing my main Microsoft email, I lost access to some games I had purchased

The one I care about the most is Minecraft, I had both Java and Bedrock purchased on my account, and now I lost access to both.

I haven't played them for a very long time, today I tried logging in and it tells me the account doesn't own the game.

I've tried logging in with Mojang, with Xbox, and nothing (I've migrated to Microsoft last year). After reading some articles the problem seems to be that the Xbox account has been unlinked from the Microsoft one, I find it weird since Xbox is based on Microsoft but I want to be sure, that's why I'm writing this. When I tried logging in to Xbox, it told me to create a new gamertag, so I'm guessing it did get unlinked. I also remember the old email and old password, but I don't remember my gamertag.

:)

Adriano Camacho, Aug 3, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

After changing my main Microsoft email, I lost access to some games I had purchased

Hi , my name is Fernando. I'm a gamer like you who loves to help other gamers with their Xbox questions. I can help with most questions. However, I do not have access to your account details to provide billing information/account inquiries. Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft Community.

Before doing this procedure you would need to migrate to a new account or email:

The only place online where you can migrate is Minecraft.net, after you sign in with your Mojang credentials. Mojang Studios and Minecraft will not request your account information in any other way. So beware of phishing attempts or fake websites.

Hope I helped, see you soon!
  3. Vandelizm187 Win User

Cant verify email

The problem is , my registered email , does not exist anymore .. yahoo has deleted it!

When i log into my microsoft account , and hit the security info , it says that ive recently made some changes in my security infos , and i really did as i lost the access to my main live id registered email. So heres the thing , is it gonna switch my old
    email for the one that i suggested now as proof ? Or it has nothing do with it ?

Thanks for the answer , even tho im not able to do anything related to my main Live Id registered email :(
  4. Gabrielle Wooley Win User

Double verification phone lost need help

So there is absoluetly no way to access it again? I still have my original email and some old texts when I still had the number from microsoft am i going to lose all my xbox purchases since my Microsoft is attached? I am still logged in on my xbox from my main Microsoft account is there really nothing I can do?
  5. Omar Mihai Win User

Stolen account and after recovery data and library wiped

I didnt create any new account i just recover it with the microsoft recovery steps like password and after the phone number that was not changed but my main problem its that i lost the games that i payed i had Forza Horizon 4 Forza Horizon 5 and some DLS`s that are all gone and i want my games back i even have the proof for Forza Horizon 5.
  6. Danijel Hayward Win User

Microsoft support email

Hello, my brother lost access to his minecraft account after the account migration. I sent an email to mojang and they said that they cant help me and that i need to contact microsoft about this problem, he doesnt remember email about the account or the password, all i have is a purchase receipt and some other information that might be able to help you locate his account, also we did migrate his account to my email but when he tried to download the game on microsoft store it says that we dont own the game so i have no idea how to fix this. thank you
Thema:

1. After changing my main Microsoft email, I lost access to some games I had purchased - Similar Threads - changing main Microsoft

2. Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial: When i setup my sons Xbox quite quickly on Xmas day i figured it was best to set the 3 month Game Pass Trial to his account. I have my own Microsoft account and created family logins for my two...
  3. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is impossible as i was just using it? ThankyouI changed...
  4. I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account I've had for years and i wanted to put that gamertag on my main account (so I freed it up) but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is...
  5. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: Like did i just lose my gamertag forever because xbox makes no sense? 86137c99-ef6f-4a5b-9997-067b85c3aa6c
  6. I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to: I have a microsoft account I don't use and a microsoft account I do use, however, the microsoft account I do use is on the email I don't use and the microsoft account I don't use is on the email I...
  7. my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used...: my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used before and now I don't have any of my purchases and can't access that account the account has changed...
  8. Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away: I was wondering if it is possible to change the email that my Xbox account is under. I have had the account for over a decade and have more games purchased on it than I can remember. The email had...
  9. I've lost access to my main account after gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've lost access to my main account after gamertag change: Split from this thread. I have the exact same thing. Made an account linked to one emailadress, then all of a sudden it logged me out and i had to add my profile again to xbox. I did with...
  10. How do I change my main email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my main email?: So, I don't want to be rambling about the "rambler.ru" situation, but my account was changed to a random russian email, I think I got full control of the account back but this email is still the...