Advanced Replacement Program

Discus and support Advanced Replacement Program in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my xbox stopped working and my replacement is already on the way, but my questions is what am I supposed to do with my hard drive? Unlike the 360... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stickman19, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Stickman19
    Stickman19 Guest

So my xbox stopped working and my replacement is already on the way, but my questions is what am I supposed to do with my hard drive? Unlike the 360 it seems like I can't remove it, so am I supposed to send in a console that has my credit card and all of
    my saves on it to microsoft and lose all of that? I don't have the option to erase everything off of my hard drive because I can't even get my xbox to start. This doesn't seem practical at all...

:)

Stickman19, Jan 8, 2015
  2. Lord Rob UK
    Lord Rob UK Guest
    Advanced replacement program in a Australia?

Afternoon Cottonjaws,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. I was getting similar problems a while ago which seemed to be down to playing blueray movies which would then cause my game discs not to work. A hard reset (hold power button for 5 seconds
    until console powers down) fixed this issue and since the latest update I've not had the same issue. Worth a try.

If you get any error codes popping up too it would be worth checking out the error code search on this site
    support.xbox.com/error-code-lookup

Hope this helps and you get your console working again.

Regards

BoA

Lord Rob UK, Jan 8, 2015
  3. Cottonjaws
    Cottonjaws Guest
    Advanced replacement program in a Australia?

I've been having intermittent problems with my launch Xbox One reading game discs and now it's got to the point where it struggles to read any disc. I thought it was time to replace the console under the advanced replacement system but now I find it's not
    an option currently in Australia. It looks like it's the 360 situation for me again, 2-3 weeks without a console. It's pretty poor really.... I thought my 360 nightmare was over but it's back again...

Cottonjaws, Jan 8, 2015
  4. Advanced Replacement Program

You can go into your account here on Xbox live, your game save should be safe in the cloud.

GrowlingYapper, Jan 8, 2015
  5. All your saves and whatnot are stored on the cloud. Your CC numbers etc are also stored there. CC numbers however are not stored on the Hard Drive. Plus any purchases etc and any account access you can trace via accounts.microsoft.com so if you are worried
    you can also change your password there so that no one will be able to access your profile from that console anyway.

Basically, nothing of any real interest is stored on the console itself, only access to your account, which you can block easily anyway.

Skeeter Quill, Jan 8, 2015
  6. Is this exactly as it sounds? My console now has an unbearable buzz and it's only 2 months old. They just swap it at the door?

SteveHargreaves, Jan 8, 2015
  7. You set up the advanced replacement after which you willrecieve a "new" console via courier 2-3 days later. You then send your defective console back in the packaging you received the replacement in. Make sure to read the instructions carefully.

You will need to take it to a local dispatch centre. Im in the UK so when I did it I could find the closest centres on the UPS website.

Make sure you get a tracking number as this is very important.

My experience of the process was ultimately fine but don't expect any updates from Xbox via e-mail. I was told I would be kept informed but I never had a single update. I checked the progress of the process each day on the UPS website with my tracking number
    and on the 'my service' site.

mattlinzsophie, Jan 8, 2015
  8. Advanced Replacement Program

Well as it turns out I couldn't take advantage of this exchange as they don't provide it for the limited edition consoles, only the black models. So after struggling to find a suitable box it's all packed up and being collected today.

SteveHargreaves, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Skeeter Quill Win User

All your saves and whatnot are stored on the cloud. Your CC numbers etc are also stored there. CC numbers however are not stored on the Hard Drive. Plus any purchases etc and any account access you can trace via accounts.microsoft.com so if you are worried
    you can also change your password there so that no one will be able to access your profile from that console anyway.

Basically, nothing of any real interest is stored on the console itself, only access to your account, which you can block easily anyway.
  10. GrowlingYapper Win User

You can go into your account here on Xbox live, your game save should be safe in the cloud.
  11. SteveHargreaves Win User

Is this exactly as it sounds? My console now has an unbearable buzz and it's only 2 months old. They just swap it at the door?
  12. SteveHargreaves Win User

Well as it turns out I couldn't take advantage of this exchange as they don't provide it for the limited edition consoles, only the black models. So after struggling to find a suitable box it's all packed up and being collected today.
  13. mattlinzsophie Win User

You set up the advanced replacement after which you willrecieve a "new" console via courier 2-3 days later. You then send your defective console back in the packaging you received the replacement in. Make sure to read the instructions carefully.

You will need to take it to a local dispatch centre. Im in the UK so when I did it I could find the closest centres on the UPS website.

Make sure you get a tracking number as this is very important.

My experience of the process was ultimately fine but don't expect any updates from Xbox via e-mail. I was told I would be kept informed but I never had a single update. I checked the progress of the process each day on the UPS website with my tracking number
    and on the 'my service' site.
Thema:

1. Advanced Replacement Program - Similar Threads - Advanced Replacement Program

2. Advance warfare supply drops not showing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Advance warfare supply drops not showing up: I buy 13 advanced warfare supply drops for 10$ but it's not showing up at all on my Xbox series s is there a way to get them because I tried everything but nothing is working... help...
  3. xbox insider no advanced features section

in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider no advanced features section: Hello, I was going to install a Turkish patch for Shadow of War, but we need to open a setting to be able to install patches on Xbox Game Pass. The setting is "advanced installation and management...
  4. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  5. Cod advanced warfare won't save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod advanced warfare won't save: Cod advanced warfare won't save a08ccd0e-f2f0-4e28-b528-e1cc3dd3453e
  6. COD Advanced Warfare Local Play split screen positions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Advanced Warfare Local Play split screen positions: Help! We are trying to play EXO Zombies Local Play on split screen. We have always played in the same position. We have just purchased Xbox X and when we login to play it flips our positions. No...
  7. COD: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility: Hi, I recently started trying to play old Call Of Duty games on the Xbox One. I remembered that I wasn’t able to play COD: Advanced Warfare for Xbox 360 anymore because I lost the second disc....
  8. Minesweeper Level Advancement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper Level Advancement: I've reached Minesweeper level 500 (Gold Grandmaster) but no matter how many games I play now the level doesn't change. I assumed Diamond Grandmaster was a possibility and then an indefinite...
  9. Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...: I bought the Champion personalization pack for Call of duty advanced warfare when I installed it and went into game it was still locked then when I tried to reinstall from the in game store it...
  10. Hi I recently started playing cod advanced warfare on Xbox and none of the achievements are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I recently started playing cod advanced warfare on Xbox and none of the achievements are...: I got to round 10 in outbreak. I eco punched and killed 10 zombies it’s been over 24 hours and nothing. This is very disappointing because I love this zombies and the whole game but can’t get...