Advanced Exchange Warranty Program Issues!!!

Discus and support Advanced Exchange Warranty Program Issues!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The advanced exchange warranty process is seriously flawed! It puts a hold for the entire vale of your console ($500) on your card unit they recevie... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dingleschlop82, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Advanced Exchange Warranty Program Issues!!!

The advanced exchange warranty process is seriously flawed! It puts a hold for the entire vale of your console ($500) on your card unit they recevie it (which is roughly 2 weeks. I don't know who they think their clientele is, but the majority of us can
    not afford to just deduct $500 from our available funds for an extended period of time. Why can't they just verify the card is active? Xbox has the control to make the replacement console inoperable by shutting of all live services and network connections
    worst case scenario. And on top of all that, they charge a $15 fee just to begin the advanced exchange warranty process! They do realize that the reason we are having to repair our consoles is because the one we purchased in the last year for $300-$600 was
    faulty! They sold us a product that is malfunctioning, and they are still trying to capitalize off their mistakes. This is absurd! Microsoft is doing pretty well as a company; I think they can spare their loyal customers a $15 fee that they are charging us
    for buying their faulty product. If that wasn't enough, you also have to put off paying bills for the next 2 weeks because Microsoft wants to hold onto your money while they are waiting for the broken equipment they just sold you. Unreal! I've had issues
    with their business practices in the past regarding Xbox and Xbox accessories, but this has really turned me sour on Microsoft!

:)

Dingleschlop82, Jul 20, 2017
  2. Is the Advanced Exchange Program Under Warranty Only?

I'm wondering if the advanced exchange program is only able to be utilized under warranty. Mainly because my Xbox is out of warranty, and it just started making this noise today:

I don't think it will hurt the functionality of the console, but I'd still like a direct answer on whether or not you can do the advanced exchange program out of warranty.

JLtheStoneWall, Jul 20, 2017
  3. chrisJ_89
    chrisJ_89 Guest
    Stuck on green XBOX ONE loading screen, please help!!

Turns out an advanced exchange is only applicable with a valid warranty

chrisJ_89, Jul 20, 2017
  4. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

See if you can live in Australia, New Zealand or the UK. These governments offer better consumer rights legislation which cannot be minimized by any contract made by Microsoft which is a company, not a government. If you're a citizen of one of these countries,
    you are protected by it's laws. Microsoft is not above the law. And if you read Microsoft's terms of use, it states that:

8. APPLICABLE LAW.

• a. United States and Canada. If you acquired the application in the United States or Canada, the laws of the state or province where you live (or, if a business, where your principal place of business is located) govern the interpretation of this
      agreement and applies to claims for breach of it and all other claims (including consumer protection, unfair competition and tort claims) regardless of conflict of laws principles.
    • b. Outside the United States and Canada. If you acquired the application in any other country, the laws of that country apply

smileskybird, Jul 21, 2017
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    2 weeks? The total turnaround time has been 8 days at the most when I've had to send in a console for repair & that was just the standard repair.

No offence but if you have to put off paying the bills for something like getting a gaming console repaired you may want to rethink your priorities.

The advanced repair is an option,it's not something you have to do.

Daft Badger, Nov 1, 2018
  6. smileskybird Win User

See if you can live in Australia, New Zealand or the UK. These governments offer better consumer rights legislation which cannot be minimized by any contract made by Microsoft which is a company, not a government. If you're a citizen of one of these countries,
    you are protected by it's laws. Microsoft is not above the law. And if you read Microsoft's terms of use, it states that:

8. APPLICABLE LAW.

• a. United States and Canada. If you acquired the application in the United States or Canada, the laws of the state or province where you live (or, if a business, where your principal place of business is located) govern the interpretation of this
      agreement and applies to claims for breach of it and all other claims (including consumer protection, unfair competition and tort claims) regardless of conflict of laws principles.
    • b. Outside the United States and Canada. If you acquired the application in any other country, the laws of that country apply
  7. Daft Badger Win User

2 weeks? The total turnaround time has been 8 days at the most when I've had to send in a console for repair & that was just the standard repair.

No offence but if you have to put off paying the bills for something like getting a gaming console repaired you may want to rethink your priorities.

The advanced repair is an option,it's not something you have to do.
  8. kingvas78 Win User

Is the Advanced Exchange Program Under Warranty Only?

Only under warranty. That's why they put a $400 hold on your credit card until they receive the dud console back.
  9. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

My xbox one S makes a grinding noise when I turn it on or insert a game.

My day one Xbox One console had an issue with grinding non Blu-ray specific discs. I had to get the console replaced unfortunately. I was able to get an Advanced Exchange of the console so I was never without a system luckily.

So if you absolutely need to send teh system in for repair/replacement. Ask about the Advanced Exchange option to see if it's available to you. I'll provide more information about the Advanced Exchange Program below.

16. ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR ADVANCE EXCHANGE PROGRAM

In certain countries, Microsoft offers an Advance Exchange Program, under which you can receive a device prior to shipping back your device to Microsoft for service, with certain conditions. If you want to participate in the Advanced Exchange program, Microsoft
    will send you a replacement Microsoft Device (the “Advance Exchange Product”) before you send your Microsoft Device to us, under the following conditions:

• Your Microsoft Device must comply with the terms of the warranty, guarantee or extended service contract;
    • Your Microsoft Device will not qualify for this program if, after we receive it, there is evidence of physical or liquid damage, abuse, etc. or other exclusions from your Microsoft Device’s warranty, guarantee or extended service contract;
    • The Advance Exchange Product will be shipped to you in a box that includes a prepaid shipping label; and
    • You must use the prepaid shipping label to return the Microsoft Device for which you received an Advanced Exchange Product and are requesting Service. You will need to return your original Microsoft Device in the same box within 14 days of receiving the
      replacement Advanced Exchange Product.
    • To guarantee that the original Microsoft Device is returned, we will need to take your credit card number. YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED, provided you return the original Microsoft Device (with the serial number you have provided to us) within 14
      days of receiving the Advanced Exchange Product.
    • A nominal fee may appear on your card from Microsoft, verifying that funds are available in your account (the nominal fee will be refunded); this is not a charge. You will be charged the replacement and handling fee equal to the current MSRP of the device
      or accessory, if: (1) we do not receive the original Microsoft Device back within 14 days from the date you took delivery of the replacement device as indicated by the carrier’s tracking system; (2) the device is not under warranty; and/or (3) the device is
      excluded from warranty or service (has physical damage, for example).
    If you have any questions, please contact support at
    http://support.microsoft.com
  10. Metallic Pisces Win User

Xbox One Issues(2)

Well, the warranty is included with the purchase of the console. (2 years) If there was no warranty it would be $115 plus taxes and shipping cost. You can extend the warranty to 3 years within 45 days of purchase.

The advance exchange program is what they are using for the broken day one editions. They ship you a new console ASAP and you ship back the broken one in the box within 14 days, or you will be charged for another console. (Return label included in box) Also
    with the advance exchange they will give you a digital game download of your choice to compensate for the issues. Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse, or Zoo Tycoon. Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Advanced Exchange Warranty Program Issues!!! - Similar Threads - Advanced Exchange Warranty

2. Advance warfare supply drops not showing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Advance warfare supply drops not showing up: I buy 13 advanced warfare supply drops for 10$ but it's not showing up at all on my Xbox series s is there a way to get them because I tried everything but nothing is working... help...
  3. xbox insider no advanced features section

in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider no advanced features section: Hello, I was going to install a Turkish patch for Shadow of War, but we need to open a setting to be able to install patches on Xbox Game Pass. The setting is "advanced installation and management...
  4. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  5. Cod advanced warfare won't save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod advanced warfare won't save: Cod advanced warfare won't save a08ccd0e-f2f0-4e28-b528-e1cc3dd3453e
  6. COD Advanced Warfare Local Play split screen positions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Advanced Warfare Local Play split screen positions: Help! We are trying to play EXO Zombies Local Play on split screen. We have always played in the same position. We have just purchased Xbox X and when we login to play it flips our positions. No...
  7. COD: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility: Hi, I recently started trying to play old Call Of Duty games on the Xbox One. I remembered that I wasn’t able to play COD: Advanced Warfare for Xbox 360 anymore because I lost the second disc....
  8. Minesweeper Level Advancement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper Level Advancement: I've reached Minesweeper level 500 (Gold Grandmaster) but no matter how many games I play now the level doesn't change. I assumed Diamond Grandmaster was a possibility and then an indefinite...
  9. Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...: I bought the Champion personalization pack for Call of duty advanced warfare when I installed it and went into game it was still locked then when I tried to reinstall from the in game store it...
  10. Hi I recently started playing cod advanced warfare on Xbox and none of the achievements are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I recently started playing cod advanced warfare on Xbox and none of the achievements are...: I got to round 10 in outbreak. I eco punched and killed 10 zombies it’s been over 24 hours and nothing. This is very disappointing because I love this zombies and the whole game but can’t get...