Advanced Exchange Replacement not working properly :(

Discus and support Advanced Exchange Replacement not working properly :( in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently received my 2nd X1 replacement since Day 1 through the Advanced Replacement scheme, and aint the consoles supposed to be almost... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Phil D MCFC, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Phil D MCFC
    Phil D MCFC Guest

I have recently received my 2nd X1 replacement since Day 1 through the Advanced Replacement scheme, and aint the consoles supposed to be almost silent??? the one I have received does a constant fairly loud humming noise which is audible over movies and tv
    etc, and starts to give me a headache if on for a long time.

Also my controller which is only 2 months old and worked fine with the console I sent back, now disconnects at random intervals (during games) anybody else have these problems??

I reckon at the Advanced Exchange 'Warehouse' there is just a load of sent back X1's, which they make a poor attempt at fixing and then ship them out to us unsuspecting customers.

Its gonna have to be ANOTHER exchange to which god knows what piece of crap is gonna turn up...... (also holding £380 in my bank while I do it)

I would just sell it and buy a PS4 but I already bought one a year ago when my new X1 had to be sent back.....

:)

Phil D MCFC, Jan 13, 2015
  2. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Broken Software Console

Advance exchange: Microsoft will send a replacement product to you first, and then you'll send back your non-working item. There are a few important things to note about advance exchange:

• A service fee may apply
    • You must provide credit card details for an advanced exchange. A hold for the value of the console or Kinect sensor will be placed on your credit card.
    • You're responsible for sending the non-working product in within 14 days after receiving the replacement to avoid having your credit card charged.
    To request advance exchange, contact Xbox Support to verify your eligibility.

Hordie, Jan 13, 2015
  3. Mace Windy
    Mace Windy Guest
    Bad power supply unit. I was told by xbox.

6-8 weeks for a replacement? The guy I spoke to said it was 2-5 days for my replacement by using the Advanced Exchange option

Mace Windy, Jan 13, 2015
  4. Advanced Exchange Replacement not working properly :(

The Xbox one should be much more quiter then your ps4. My day one edition was loud especially with a disc in the drive. I knew it wasn't normal but I waited until the manufacturing has gotten better and I think they have gotten to that point or very close
    to it, I recently replaced my launch day one edition Xbox one due to being loud/chirping sound during standby/ sometime discs didn't read. It was replaced with advanced exchange, I paid 450$ CND and recived the new XBOX ONE in 2 days, the replacment was so
    much more quite. It's not 100% as no electronic with a fan is impossible to make 100% silent but the XBOX ONE is much much much more quiter then the PS4 or atleast it should be and if it isn't then just get it replaced again.

You just have had bad luck, needing two replacements is not normal and now needing a 3rd. Once you recive a silent XBOX ONE im sure it will be good for many years to come, but this is why I always get the extended service plan for my two XBOX ONES and any
    other game consoles like my PS4. You can get a service plan at
    http://www.myservice.xbox.com/
    but you only have like 50 days after registering the console on the site to get the plan.

Peace of mind at both my XBOX ONE have a 3 year warranty from the manufacture and advanced exchange has been nothing but great with my experience.

Keep in mind the my service site is kinda broken so if anyone wants to get the warranty you may need to cal 1800-4MY-XBOX.

Costa Apostolou, Jan 13, 2015
  5. Costa Apostolou Win User

The Xbox one should be much more quiter then your ps4. My day one edition was loud especially with a disc in the drive. I knew it wasn't normal but I waited until the manufacturing has gotten better and I think they have gotten to that point or very close
    to it, I recently replaced my launch day one edition Xbox one due to being loud/chirping sound during standby/ sometime discs didn't read. It was replaced with advanced exchange, I paid 450$ CND and recived the new XBOX ONE in 2 days, the replacment was so
    much more quite. It's not 100% as no electronic with a fan is impossible to make 100% silent but the XBOX ONE is much much much more quiter then the PS4 or atleast it should be and if it isn't then just get it replaced again.

You just have had bad luck, needing two replacements is not normal and now needing a 3rd. Once you recive a silent XBOX ONE im sure it will be good for many years to come, but this is why I always get the extended service plan for my two XBOX ONES and any
    other game consoles like my PS4. You can get a service plan at
    http://www.myservice.xbox.com/
    but you only have like 50 days after registering the console on the site to get the plan.

Peace of mind at both my XBOX ONE have a 3 year warranty from the manufacture and advanced exchange has been nothing but great with my experience.

Keep in mind the my service site is kinda broken so if anyone wants to get the warranty you may need to cal 1800-4MY-XBOX.
  6. IgotTSondabrain Win User

Advanced Exchange Replacment Broken!

guys... I've NEVER gotten a console back from MS in less than 3 weeks. be patient... to those you who are still getting hosed by MS sending you defective consoles... I feel for you
  7. Slimdigger Win User

Seriously!? this has already been a 3 week transaction .. basically a nightmare from the start. I figured I was not the only person out here getting multiple defected consoles.

This must be a more wide spread issue then recently announced. Nobody has returned my call either. They told me they were escalating this as well.

I will be documenting my experiences as well, video recording the multiple issues I have been through with defected consoles. If it happens once again I will be taking my story and documentation of my poor service straight to the media. My local
    news and also writing larger media coverage so they can let the public know what kind of service to expect. I feel this is a Rush Product
    and will most likely end with a refund. Too bad b/c it looks to have Potential.
  8. ManiacalMr G Win User

I received a replacement console yesterday due to the fan getting quite loud (was really quiet for the first week) and having an annoying high pitch noise, could hear it while playing Battlefield 4! I plugged the new console in and instantly there was a
    squealing ticking noise coming from the fan. It's really appalling and obvious that they're not even checking the replacement consoles before shipping them to us to make sure we're not getting another defective console.

Spoke to someone yesterday who was escalating it and someone would call me back, no one did and I'm not surprised, they never call back! Phoned up again today and was told I'll have to wait until they've taken the hold off my card before processing another
    exchange. Honestly it's a *** joke. Also initially when chatting on the online chat support last week I was told I'd get a free game but today was told that's only for hard drive problems I told him I've kept the chat transcript, he said he'd look into the
    chat but can't promise anything. I bet they don't even offer us anything for having TWO defective consoles
  9. geekfather Win User

Please do not bump old threads. Always open a new message. In your case you still need to contact phone support to sort this all out as no one on the forums can help you with this. Wish you the best of luck.
Thema:

1. Advanced Exchange Replacement not working properly :( - Similar Threads - Advanced Exchange Replacement

2. Advance warfare supply drops not showing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Advance warfare supply drops not showing up: I buy 13 advanced warfare supply drops for 10$ but it's not showing up at all on my Xbox series s is there a way to get them because I tried everything but nothing is working... help...
  3. xbox insider no advanced features section

in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider no advanced features section: Hello, I was going to install a Turkish patch for Shadow of War, but we need to open a setting to be able to install patches on Xbox Game Pass. The setting is "advanced installation and management...
  4. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  5. Cod advanced warfare won't save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod advanced warfare won't save: Cod advanced warfare won't save a08ccd0e-f2f0-4e28-b528-e1cc3dd3453e
  6. COD Advanced Warfare Local Play split screen positions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Advanced Warfare Local Play split screen positions: Help! We are trying to play EXO Zombies Local Play on split screen. We have always played in the same position. We have just purchased Xbox X and when we login to play it flips our positions. No...
  7. COD: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility: Hi, I recently started trying to play old Call Of Duty games on the Xbox One. I remembered that I wasn’t able to play COD: Advanced Warfare for Xbox 360 anymore because I lost the second disc....
  8. Minesweeper Level Advancement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minesweeper Level Advancement: I've reached Minesweeper level 500 (Gold Grandmaster) but no matter how many games I play now the level doesn't change. I assumed Diamond Grandmaster was a possibility and then an indefinite...
  9. Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I bought the champion personalization pack for call of duty advanced warfare and when...: I bought the Champion personalization pack for Call of duty advanced warfare when I installed it and went into game it was still locked then when I tried to reinstall from the in game store it...
  10. Hi I recently started playing cod advanced warfare on Xbox and none of the achievements are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I recently started playing cod advanced warfare on Xbox and none of the achievements are...: I got to round 10 in outbreak. I eco punched and killed 10 zombies it’s been over 24 hours and nothing. This is very disappointing because I love this zombies and the whole game but can’t get...