Adult account still asked for Family Settings password?

Discus and support Adult account still asked for Family Settings password? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned 18 a few months ago and promoted my account, but when I try to use YouTube or IE, I'm told that Family Settings blocked the content, and that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaredPlayer4960, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Adult account still asked for Family Settings password?

I turned 18 a few months ago and promoted my account, but when I try to use YouTube or IE, I'm told that Family Settings blocked the content, and that I have to put in the pass code...which only my dad knows. Was I mistaken to think that I would be freed
    from the Family Settings once I got an adult account? If not, what can be done about it?

:)

DaredPlayer4960, Jun 13, 2014
  2. MauricioRozo
    MauricioRozo Guest
    Cross-platform for child accounts don't work, no matter what settings I set

The cross-platform setting does not enable on a child account.

I have tried several options including:

• Account setup as a child in the MS family account and Xbox
    • Account setup as a child in the MS family account but the Xbox settings all set to adult/unrestricted
    • Account setup with over 18 Date of Birth in the MS family account but still a Child and the Xbox settings all set to adult/unrestricted
    • Account setup as Adult in the MS family account and Xbox settings all set to adult/unrestricted
    • Changing the child account to Adult and Xbox settings all set to adult/unrestricted.
    Can someone help me how to set up my kid's accounts so they can play together?

MauricioRozo, Jun 13, 2014
  3. ArnevelElrad
    ArnevelElrad Guest
    Xbox Family Help

I have a child account set to adult settings and they still can't use certain apps how do I promote the account to a adult in the family

ArnevelElrad, Jun 13, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Promoting your account allows you to customise your own privacy and security options yourself, but the Family Settings is a console-wide control and would need to be removed completely (for which you need the passcode).

maxen, Jun 13, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

Promoting your account allows you to customise your own privacy and security options yourself, but the Family Settings is a console-wide control and would need to be removed completely (for which you need the passcode).
  6. MoroseBadger600 Win User

Screen time

Hi

There is no other way to leave the family or change any of the settings than through adults in your family. The best thing to do is ask for a new password on the account that has adult permissions in the family and change your screen time

Hope this helps
  7. Arminator Win User

"Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings" when I try to access to my Xbox profile from the internet

Unless you are over the age of 18 your parents (or another adult guardian) has to make account settings for your teen account.

Ask an adult to add your teen account to their family at
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
  8. Kimberlu82 Win User

Changing Adult Account

You have to download the profile of the adult account, go over to settings on the dashboard (not the guide menu) and then the family tile. Then they can remove you. I believe as soon as you sign into your own account it'll ask for a new parental email &
    password
  9. goboilers777 Win User

Child Account

If I change my adult account password, won't he still be able to go into his account and just "leave" the family?
Thema:

1. Adult account still asked for Family Settings password? - Similar Threads - Adult account still

2. Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S: Screen shows: Give this code to an adult You're not quite old enough for this PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily +rciZxNr49hdDcBjudZKHv.781 2023/12/29 - 21:40:35 UTC I already changed...
  3. I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything: I'm 19 (account created when I'm 16), my birth date on my profile is correct (xx/xx/2004). My account is an only member and organizer in family group but also a child account which make me unable...
  4. I have an adult Microsoft account and have allowed multiplayer in my settings but still...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an adult Microsoft account and have allowed multiplayer in my settings but still...: Do I need an x box live subscription to play multiplayer on Minecraft or am I just not getting something? 24ccb35f-e7b8-4d4f-868c-033a61c649f0
  5. Adult account still has spending limits

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adult account still has spending limits: I am trying to buy Minecraft on an adult account but an error message shows up saying parental controls blocks it. I checked my Microsoft family information but it confirms I'm the only one in the...
  6. how can i change my profile picture?, i have an adult account but it still dosent let me ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i change my profile picture?, i have an adult account but it still dosent let me ...: i have an adult account, and i am 18+ but i still cant change my profile picc and i cant us xbox insider either, anyone can help me? dd8118dd-636b-46e6-b590-dcfe18cc1ea7
  7. Adult Account still counted as a child account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adult Account still counted as a child account.: I have changed my account to an adult account and the age on it is also 18. however when trying to use the Xbox insider Hub is states that im not considered an adult. I Changed everything so its...
  8. Changed to Adult account but still can't buy anything (one solution of many)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed to Adult account but still can't buy anything (one solution of many): Recently i've had an issue with my xbox account. When I first made an account, I was a child. But when I got older I changed my account to adult and deleted the old adult account , but the...
  9. Adult default account still can’t upload a custom image

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adult default account still can’t upload a custom image: hi I have a adult default account for my Xbox and there are no privacy settings restricting me but for some reason I still can’t upload a custom image for my gamer pic because it says I don’t have...
  10. changed account privacy settings to adult but is still a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    changed account privacy settings to adult but is still a child account: So I turned 18 in december last year and I am trying to change my microsoft account from child to adult using my Mum’s account, it says to go to the family settings and changeit from there, for...