Ads bug in Xbox Series S dashboard

Discus and support Ads bug in Xbox Series S dashboard in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having a really weird bug, since the dashboard update all I have in my dashboard are ads about the Gamepass and the Microsoft Store, I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rekiem667, Dec 4, 2023.

1. rekiem667
    rekiem667 Guest

Hello, I'm having a really weird bug, since the dashboard update all I have in my dashboard are ads about the Gamepass and the Microsoft Store, I'm pretty sure I paid for my console, I have the receipt, so I shouldn't be seeing any ads, how can I remove the 5 to 6 rows of ads in my dashboard?

:)

rekiem667, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello rekiem667,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. rekiem667 Win User

When I start my Xbox I expect to see my games and that's it, now it literally looks like I just openned Google's Appstore
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

"You can pin your favorite games and apps to the home screen, and move the ads to the bottom of the screen."

Wrong. You can't move the ads to the bottom of the screen because this Dashboard update (downgrade) removed the ability to customise the Home screen (dashboard).

Creation of Two groups, to pin games and apps, is all your allowed and they will always appear below the first page of ADS.

Any panel of ADS shown as you scroll thru this cluttered mess cannot be moved, hidden or deleted by the owner of the console.

This is by far the WORST change to the XBOX interface released to the public after all the unanswered NEGATIVE feedback provided by Insiders during the 12 months of testing.
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

I agree with Just a Volunteer

This is the most recent Xbox update. The ability to customize the Home screen (dashboard) has been removed. Therefore we are not able to customize our dashboard now.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello rekiem667,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix this issue with ads on your Xbox Series S dashboard. I understand how frustrating it can be to have unwanted ads taking up space on your dashboard.

However, please note that the ads you are seeing are a part of the Xbox user interface and are not related to your purchase of the console. Microsoft uses ads to promote its products and services, including Game Pass and the Microsoft Store.

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove these ads from your dashboard. However, you can customize your dashboard to prioritize the content you want to see.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

I hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Ads bug in Xbox Series S dashboard - Similar Threads - Ads bug Series

2. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  3. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...: It was shoud have arrived after the 8th but still dint. 988a8760-34f6-40ab-a44b-731547dc4290
  5. Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox: I think it would be really cool to have more customization options for xbox, such as in accents, icon background colors, and possibly even installing mods. submitted by /u/minedroid1 [link]...
  6. Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard: Hi! I noticed the feature to customize the dash and remove all of the useless game pass news and micro-transaction links that take up 85% of what I’m looking at has been taken off the menu. So...
  7. I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?: I don’t want to get my account banned for being bottes but i want the account adding to stop c01c2e73-89d2-4985-b4db-7dd4ee4e9627
  8. Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account: I have been having an issue with signing into my account. Xbox kept sending me an error when signing into xbox account saying that i needed to connect to the internet in order to sign into...
  9. Points not being added

in XBoX on Windows
    Points not being added: For over a year, I've been getting things on Xbox and have only been given 10 points per purchase and it's usually a full-release game. It is possible my setting? Or maybe something else?...
  10. What the bloody heck, Delta Ring, ads on startup?! Not a good look.

in XboX Insiders
    What the bloody heck, Delta Ring, ads on startup?! Not a good look.: Is this really a feature they are thinking about adding permanently? I can't tell you not only how aggravating I found that. To the point that I almost turned off and choose to do something else...