Adjust volume steps on Microsoft Xbox wireless headset?

Discus and support Adjust volume steps on Microsoft Xbox wireless headset? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The new wireless headset from Microsoft is great. The only problem is the lack of volume steps. It feels like it increments/decrements the volume level... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/NoTuxNoBuxx, May 26, 2021.

1. Adjust volume steps on Microsoft Xbox wireless headset?

The new wireless headset from Microsoft is great. The only problem is the lack of volume steps. It feels like it increments/decrements the volume level +3/-3 every time you raise/lower the volume.

When slowly turning the volume dial, it feels like there's 2 volume steps missing between each actual change of the volume level.

So finding an in-between volume level isn't possible, which makes it hard to get a level that's not too loud or too quiet, depending on the situation.

Is it possible to adjust the steps? If not, where would the best place be to suggest this feature addition?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/NoTuxNoBuxx
    [link] [comments]

/u/NoTuxNoBuxx, May 26, 2021
  2. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox One stereo headset for 360 console?

Xbox One wireless stereo headset? I wouldn't know about it being "wireless", but are you actually talking about the
    wired stereo headset that Microsoft sells for Xbox One? If so, the stereo headset does have a 3.5mm connector at the end. The
    Xbox 360 has a 2.5mm port for headset. It can technically connect to the Xbox 360 controller with a 3.5mm(female)-to-2.5mm(male) adapter.

I think that the Xbox One stereo headset relies on the included adapter module for physical control of the volume and mute, and since that adapter can't be used on the Xbox 360 controller, volume adjustment will require you to go to the Xbox 360 Guide menu
    and adjust the volume somewhere in the settings/options.

Please also note that while game sounds can be heard by connecting a headset/headphones to an Xbox One controller, the Xbox 360 does not have that functionality built in to the controller. Any audio headset plugged into the controller would be used for voice chat
    only.
  3. Please Man Up Win User

Microsoft Wired Headset Not Working

Sorry to hear about that, have ago a this:

To connect a wired headset

Turn down the headset volume by rotating the volume control all the way to the left.

Insert the headset plug into the expansion port on your game controller.

Put on your headset and adjust the microphone.

To adjust the volume: Rotate the volume-control knob.

To mute: Switch the microphone button on the headset cable.
  4. TheBlackxRanger Win User

Game audio through headset without adapter

When headphones are plugged into the controller, there should be an option to adjust the "headset volume" (which is the game volume through your headphones).

When headphones are plugged into the controller...

• Double-tap the Xbox Guide button.
    • Go down to the "Settings" icon (picture of a cogwheel).
    • You should see a bunch of volume slider settings underneath the "All Settings" option.
      • Headset mic (on/off switch)
      • Headset Volume (slider)
      • Headset Chat Mixer (slider)
      • Mic Monitoring (slider)
    • Adjust "Headset Volume" to the desired volume level.
    If you don't see all those volume options, your Xbox might need a simple
    power cycle
    . Then you can try the steps above again.

The game audio through the controller works just fine with my pair of Bose QuietComfort 25 (QC25) headphones.

Hopefully this helps!
    I see the sliders but after i adjust them the settings dont save! How to i make the xbox save my adjusted volume settings?
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hyperx Cloudx Flight party chat echo

Sorry to hear it. I'd recommend checking the headset settings to make sure the sound settings are adjusted properly. If there is no option for balance/volume on the headset then use the console volume settings to adjust your settings.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Game audio through headset without adapter

When headphones are plugged into the controller, there should be an option to adjust the "headset volume" (which is the game volume through your headphones).

When headphones are plugged into the controller...

• Double-tap the Xbox Guide button.
    • Go down to the "Settings" icon (picture of a cogwheel).
    • You should see a bunch of volume slider settings underneath the "All Settings" option.
      • Headset mic (on/off switch)
      • Headset Volume (slider)
      • Headset Chat Mixer (slider)
      • Mic Monitoring (slider)
    • Adjust "Headset Volume" to the desired volume level.
    If you don't see all those volume options, your Xbox might need a simple
    power cycle
    . Then you can try the steps above again.

The game audio through the controller works just fine with my pair of Bose QuietComfort 25 (QC25) headphones.

Hopefully this helps!
Thema:

Adjust volume steps on Microsoft Xbox wireless headset?

1. Adjust volume steps on Microsoft Xbox wireless headset? - Similar Threads - Adjust volume steps

2. how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?: Hello, I've been playing Sea of Thieves on the xbox console for a long time, but I always didn't like the sensitivity of the gamepad while playing. when you have pvp with a person playing on a PC,...
  3. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...
  4. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  5. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  6. Headset volume requires more adjustability

in XboX Insiders
    Headset volume requires more adjustability: Anyway to reduce the volume jumps when you adjust the headset volume on the menu? I always feel I’m in between two volume levels. A few extra jumps added would help fine tune things. submitted by...
  7. How to adjust sensitivity for my controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to adjust sensitivity for my controller?: I have struggled with this for over a year now. I play Minecraft on my PC using a controller. The sensitivity is off the charts. The smallest tap to the joystick will send the camera spinning....
  8. Why can't I adjust Audio & music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I adjust Audio & music?: I plugged in my Groove Onn wired headphones into my PDP wired controller using the 3.5mm audio jack. however, as i stated, it wont let me adjust the audio & music icon. instead it says this: "use...
  9. Game screen not adjusting to full screen in a way it should

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game screen not adjusting to full screen in a way it should: Installed FIFA 14. Everything works fine. But the game leaves some vertical space both from top and bottom, BUT NOT in the way that there is a black margin on top and bottom. The game's...
  10. Leader board points still not being adjusted after reaching achievements, I still am stuck...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Leader board points still not being adjusted after reaching achievements, I still am stuck...: Is this still being worked on? 08f7cddf-fdb6-4429-a982-50cd28e5e128