Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox not connecting to wireless post update

Discus and support Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox not connecting to wireless post update in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox not connecting to wireless post update Does your console obtain an IP address within the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by BuyingMallard54, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox not connecting to wireless post update

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox not connecting to wireless post update
    i am on the same boat asyou mate, its **** can't get the online either..

:)

BuyingMallard54, Apr 22, 2017
  2. HairyRelic89
    HairyRelic89 Guest
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Hep

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Hep
    I can't connect my Xbox to wireless network it's was working really good and a couple day ago I got this problem

HairyRelic89, Apr 22, 2017
  3. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Network not connecting

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Network not connecting
    My xbox keeps losing connection to the internet and the only thing that makes it work is resetting my wireless devices before it stops working and i have to reset the devices again a few minutes later

GrumblyCrown3, Apr 22, 2017
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Is your console able to obtain an IP address from the DHCP server? Or have you manually configured your console's IP settings?

What is the make and model of your router, along with the make and model of your modem.

If you have your console's power node set to 'Instant-on', then change the power mode to 'Energy-saving' instead.

taidara, Apr 22, 2017
  5. thanks taidara

It does get assigned an IP address

Router is virgin media super hub

Does that help please

BuyingMallard54, Apr 23, 2017
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Does your console obtain an IP address within the 192.168.x.x range, or an self-assigned IP address within the 169.254.x.x range?

Have you tried to power cycle your Virgin Super Hub? If not, power it off for a couple of minutes and power it back on.

If you haven't already, as a starter, go into your console's network settings and select Advanced. From there, go to Alternate MAC address and select clear.

Now, power cycle your console by press and hold the power button on front of your console for 10 seconds. Let it sit in power down state for a couple of minutes before you power it back on.

Let me know how that goes.

taidara, Apr 24, 2017
  7. Haleighs
    Haleighs Guest
    I'm having the exact same issue, except I'm on ATT and the update 3 weeks ago failed. I can connect to my network but can't connect to online services. All required port forwarding is set-up on the gateway/router. NAT now shows Unavailable. Prior to the
    update, I had no NAT issues.

IP is assigned in the 192.168 range.

XBox support pointed the finger at ATT. ATT reset the gateway to factory settings. After re forwarding the ports, all worked fine for one session, good connection to Live with an Open NAT.

The next time I logged on, the issue returned and the previous solution of resetting the router didn't work.

I then connected through my mobile phone hotspot without issue. I reset the Xbox to factory settings and successfully completed the update.

I tried again to access live via my wireless network with no luck. NAT shows unavailable. If I disconnect and then try to reconnect to my network it asks for for an Alternate MAC address.

I've tried hard resets, clearing the MAC address, resetting my router to defaults again, etc with no luck.

Anyone know how to resolve this or have any new suggestions????

Haleighs, May 19, 2017
  8. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox not connecting to wireless post update

i am on the same boat asyou mate, its **** can't get the online either..

DampSeeker3432, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: