Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol

Discus and support Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol Hi It's not unusual for some networks to block access to some... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by KLAUS 300, Oct 16, 2018.

1. KLAUS 300
    KLAUS 300 Guest

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing router's security protocol

Hi

It's not unusual for some networks to block access to some websites / other networks (I know as I have had some issues with Netflix previously), If any of your friends in the same college as you also have an Xbox One can you check with them as well to see
    if they are experiencing similar problems to yourself.

:)

KLAUS 300, Oct 16, 2018
  2. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing Router's Security Protocol

Hey there DeadlyDonkey,

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!

XBF Lance J, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing Router's Security Protocol

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Changing Router's Security Protocol
    Hey there DeadlyDonkey,

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!

RhinoRider545, Oct 16, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Klaus!

Thanks for bringing this issue to us unfortunately this has to be addressed by the school IT department since the issue is the Consoles MAC address has to be given permission to access the network. Reach out to them and they should be able to assist in the
    matter! Also try Clearing out the Network Card Cache (alternate MAC address) by following these steps:

To clear the alternate MAC

Settings

Network

Network settings

Advanced settings

Alternate MAC address

Select Clear and then Restart

XBF Nestor S, Oct 16, 2018
  5. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Hi

It's not unusual for some networks to block access to some websites / other networks (I know as I have had some issues with Netflix previously), If any of your friends in the same college as you also have an Xbox One can you check with them as well to see
    if they are experiencing similar problems to yourself.

gds1972, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: