Additional authentication

Discus and support Additional authentication in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So idk what to do. My Xbox refuses to connect to my internet when it works fine for everything else. I've done soft reset and it did nothing. I reset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Persona IdenityNotFound, May 18, 2023.

1. Additional authentication

So idk what to do. My Xbox refuses to connect to my internet when it works fine for everything else. I've done soft reset and it did nothing. I reset my router did nothing. I did all the suggested ways none worked. It keeps saying additional authentication required. And no matter what I choose nothing works

:)

Persona IdenityNotFound, May 18, 2023
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Are you connecting in a student dorm WiFi, or an apartment complex that provides WiFi to the inhabitants? It might be, that when you first connected your other devices to the network, you were presented with a welcome page,
    where you had to authenticate your devices by agreeing to the WiFi's terms of use, or provide a code or password you got from your landlord or whoever runs the WiFi.

Since that has to be only once, you might have forgotten about it.

If you try to connect the Xbox One to that network, it might require you to visit the portal page again, and authenticate the Xbox access with the WiFi.
  3. QUEENMISFITS Win User

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/running-into-the-additional-authentication-needed/28cadd69-6f5f-41fa-a5ba-05d5514e9af7

Hope this helps
  4. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and a fellow member in the community. Hope you are doing well!

Just to clarify, have you somehow tried to configure the MAC address on your console? There is a similar thread like this though it is a bit old but the same troubleshooting can still be applied so we can check if it will work on your end.

I suggest to visit this page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/... and follow the troubleshooting posted by one of the members. It works for many users experiencing this same error message.

If you are still experiencing problems after doing the steps, feel free to post back here and we will try with the best of our knowledge to offer further assistance.

Kind regards,

Ben
  5. linkscommando Win User

How do you fix the problem
  6. timmyturner1 Win User

xbox staff needs to stop defending itself with some random story...

this error occured on the 15th of august at 2 pm in the afternoon since then it has not been able to connect back to internet / xbox live

says my password is wrong and to try again .. on any internet wifi i select none will work .

this is all happening to people at the same time

they arent even giving any information about it when we know its clearly their faults

and if they try to demand we all pay 150 $ to fix our wifi connect on the xbox which their update obviously did something to in the last 24 hours to 48 hours since this started on the 15th of august
Thema:

1. Additional authentication - Similar Threads - Additional authentication

2. "Additional authentication needed"

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Additional authentication needed": I'm running the Xbox off my mobile phone hotspot, I'm today getting the message saying I'm offline when I'm clearly connected to my hotspot. When I test the connection it says I need to...
  3. “Additional Authentication Needed”?

in XboX Insiders
    “Additional Authentication Needed”?: I’ve been trying to connect to my wifi and it says “additional authentication needed.” It tells me I can either “authenticate now,” or “enter alternate MAC address.” I don’t know what a “MAC...
  4. How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app: So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that...
  5. Additional Authentication needed

in XboX Insiders
    Additional Authentication needed: My xbox keeps saying it’s paused So I have a Xbox series X and it won’t connect to the internet. Every time I try and connect to my Wi-Fi it just says Additional authentication needed. Then it...
  6. How to fix additional authentication

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix additional authentication: I have try’d to reset the Mac thing I reseted the console I don’t know how to fix this 3b23ed7a-ae6b-4a5b-a6ec-1ee52a0b1668
  7. Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication needed: Additional authentication needed showed up. I’ve done the link from other people’s questions about the mac address on the pc and I just did it but it’s still not working. I’ve reset my router and...
  8. How do u fix additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do u fix additional authentication needed: Xbox One connected to home wireless network has been working fine for a year and now getting message that additional authentication is needed and prompts to add an Alternate Wireless MAC address....
  9. Xbox showing Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox showing Additional authentication needed: My Xbox keeps showing me Additional authentication needed I’ve tried resetting it I’ve tried resetting my max address and putting it back in and I’ve tried wired connection nothing is working...
  10. Additional authentication needed screen not showing

in XboX Insiders
    Additional authentication needed screen not showing: I’m in a hotel and it won’t show the login link Help plz submitted by /u/The_retard69420 [link] [comments]