Adding my email, and removing old email from xbox account.

Discus and support Adding my email, and removing old email from xbox account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, when I was young my mother made my xbox account, with a live email, I now have a main email I use, and I would like to change the primary to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ash Cohen, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Ash Cohen
    Ash Cohen Guest

So, when I was young my mother made my xbox account, with a live email, I now have a main email I use, and I would like to change the primary to my own, and remove her account from it. My issues stem from that if she ever changes her password I have to ask for it, or sometimes it needs verification via phone number, I would rather have independence and do my own thing. The main problem I am worried about is that if I remove her email, it will delete it entirely? This won't work since that is her main email that she uses for work, and I can't seem to find another way around this. I would just make a new account, but I have so much I would lose, from purchases to data for games.

:)

Ash Cohen, Aug 26, 2023
  2. Ash Cohen Win User

I appreciate the reply, but I need to know if there is a way to remove the @Live.com email from the account without it being deleted, unless I missed something or am not understanding.
  3. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Hi Ash C.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you. We are sorry for this incident.

There are some steps to do this (Remove an existing alias from your Microsoft account)

Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time.

1. Sign in to your account by using your existing alias and password.
    Sign in to your account https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com">https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com
    2. Go to Your info at the top of the page.
    3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
    4. Select the alias that you want to remove.
    If it’s a primary alias, select a new primary before you remove the old one. To do so, select one of the other aliases that are on the account, and then select Make primary.
    You’ll use this new primary alias to send and receive emails, access your Microsoft account information, and appear on devices.
    5. To remove the email address or phone number that you no longer want, select the option Remove that’s next to it, and then follow the instructions that are provided.

(Add a new alias to your Microsoft account)

1. Sign in to your account by using your existing alias and password.
    Sign in to your account https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.xbox.com
    2. Go to Your info at the top of the page.
    3. Select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
    4. You might be asked to verify your account before any changes can be made. Follow the instructions that are provided to select your alias:
    Select Add email. You can create either a new Outlook.com email address or add an address that you already have. Then, select Add alias. After you’re returned to the previous screen, select Verify, and then follow the instructions that are provided.
    Or, select Add phone number. Enter the phone number that you want to use, and then select Next. When you add a new phone
    number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code in the text message, and then select Next.
    Note Email addresses and phone numbers that are already set up as an alias on another account can’t be used.

Source:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...e-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account?lc=1033
  4. Mauro Sarlat Win User

5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox Live and Account Management

All you did was change what email address is used when signing into the accounts.

This did NOT move your xbox profile from Account A to Account B there is no way to do that.

What Did happen is that you Added a new email to sign in to account B made that new email the primary email removed the old email from that account and added that old email as an alias to Account A. It
    did not move any microsoft currency gift cards, any subscriptions, any game purchases or anything like that over.

All subscriptions and xbox money is attached to the account itself.

If you were to sign into your Account B with the new email and the password I bet you would find that 25 dollars and the xbox live subscription still on it.
  6. AridLizard Win User

Transfer my Xbox Live account to another email address.

if the email address is a Microsoft email (eg; @Outlook, @Live, @Hotmail) then it is important that you do not remove it from the Xbox account after adding an alias and promoting that to the primary email.

removing a Microsoft email address from an Xbox account permanently deletes the email account and it will no longer be accessible along with anything else that uses that email (eg; Office365)
Thema:

1. Adding my email, and removing old email from xbox account. - Similar Threads - Adding email removing

2. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  3. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...: It was shoud have arrived after the 8th but still dint. 988a8760-34f6-40ab-a44b-731547dc4290
  5. An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.

in XBoX Accessibility
    An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.: Good day, my Microsoft account is linked to my Minecraft account. And I got tricked into giving my email and a code to a fake bot in discord. I saw the bot on other servers before so I thought...
  6. Someone added and deleted security info to my microsoft account and my microsoft email and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone added and deleted security info to my microsoft account and my microsoft email and...: Someone got onto my email, added security info and then deleted it, what do I do? My microsoft account is gone along with the subscriptions, I recently created the same account, without any of the...
  7. How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...: Recently, my microsoft account was hacked, with someone adding their own email and deleting mine(**Removed PII**). I had to make a new microsoft with the same email(**Removed PII**), and now don't...
  8. I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...: I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. This happened when I typed in the wrong email address when I was attempting to add their account to our xbox. How do I...
  9. My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker added his email and removed mine from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker added his email and removed mine from the...: My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker added his email and removed mine from the account. is there a way to retrieve it? In addition, is there a way to transfer a minecraft account data...
  10. New email account not adding as alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    New email account not adding as alias: Hi, I created a new outlook account, added everything in my life onto it and finally got round to changing my Xbox account onto said email but it isn’t allowing me to add it as an alias although...