Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

Discus and support Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2. Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Emma Sheldrick, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2.

Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see this clearly in the order history of my MS account where it says "£10.00 credit to Microsoft account – Purchased for Child1"

When I go to the Microsoft Family Safety app for Child1 and go to Spending it says "Money added to account. Yesterday and my email. +£10.00"

When I go to the same settings for Child2 it says exactly the same thing.

I'm also pretty sure that Child1 was able to spend the Microsoft balance of Child2 although I haven't confirmed that just yet.

Any ideas??

:)

Emma Sheldrick, Dec 12, 2023
  2. AndrejLavrinovic Win User

I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.

Just curious, was this resolved? And is this a bug or some specific conditions that must be followed to make the money appear in the balance. I have similar problem. Despite the fact that money was added to make a purchase for Fortnite, the problem seems to be purely on Microsoft side, but not xbox or anything else.

1. My child (joined to family account) wanted to purchase in-game currency. She were redirected to the request page, where she request a parent (me) to allow the purchase.

2. I received an email from Microsoft Family Safety with option to allow this purchase.

3. After selecting "Allow", I was redirect to the Family Safety app where I was asked to add money to the my child's Microsoft account.

4. I followed the steps and added money to her account. Received email with confirmation. Verified that money was taken from bank account.

5. Unfortunately, the app still shows that No Ballance on my child's account.

6. New transaction record appeared though with messages: "Money added to account €50.00" . However on the same page there is anothe record "Microsoft account balance €0.00". On the home page same thing: "No balance" but at the same time there is record that €50.00 is added.

Moreover, when I opened Microsoft Family Safety website in the browser, the balance showes €50.00. That makes everything even more confusing.

Still the purchase of in-game currency can not be completed due to absence of money in the child's Microsoft account.
  3. LeeHughes5 Win User

Adding money to childs account.

It was microsoft balance, ist strange on the website it says the balance is correct and the funds have been added, but on my childs account the money isnt there. Thank you
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How do I fix this?

Hello Emma,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Belen T.C. Win User

Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How do I fix this?

Hello Emma,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue were adding money to one child’s Microsoft balance is appearing on another child’s account. I’m sorry to hear that. Here are some steps you can try to fix this issue:

1. Check the Microsoft Family Safety app: Verify that you have added the money to the correct account. If you have added the money to the wrong account, you can remove it and add it to the correct account. To do this, sign in to the Microsoft Family Safety app with your account, select the child account that you want to manage, and then select More options > Spending. Under Microsoft account balance, select Add money. Select the desired amount of money, and then select Next. Select your form of payment or click Add a way to pay.
    2. Check the Microsoft account balance: Verify that the money has been added to the correct account. To do this, sign in to your Microsoft account, select Payment & billing, and then select Payment options. Under Microsoft account balance, you should see the amount of money that you added to the account.

3. Contact Xbox Support: If you have tried the above steps and still experience issues, please contact Xbox Support for further assistance. They will be able to help you resolve the issue. You can reach them on this link Contact us | Xbox Support. Click on Contact Us to chat with Live Support or request a callback.

I hope this helps! If you’re still having trouble, please let me know we will do our best to help you resolve this issue as soon as possible.
    Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. richardhuck1 Win User

Microsoft account balance

I set up a child account and added money to it but I forgot the password so now I cannot get the child account to log on the Xbox One to be able to use the Microsoft account balance so basically the Xbox One shows the child account but when I click on
    the profile to get the gamertag set up on it it wants to password that I do not remember so basically I can't get into the account without a password and I've tried recover it and I still can't recover it is there a way to remove the child account and the
    money still be on the parent account
Thema:

Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

1. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How... - Similar Threads - Adding money child's

2. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  3. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...: It was shoud have arrived after the 8th but still dint. 988a8760-34f6-40ab-a44b-731547dc4290
  5. Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox: I think it would be really cool to have more customization options for xbox, such as in accents, icon background colors, and possibly even installing mods. submitted by /u/minedroid1 [link]...
  6. Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard: Hi! I noticed the feature to customize the dash and remove all of the useless game pass news and micro-transaction links that take up 85% of what I’m looking at has been taken off the menu. So...
  7. I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?: I don’t want to get my account banned for being bottes but i want the account adding to stop c01c2e73-89d2-4985-b4db-7dd4ee4e9627
  8. Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account: I have been having an issue with signing into my account. Xbox kept sending me an error when signing into xbox account saying that i needed to connect to the internet in order to sign into...
  9. Money added but balance still reads zero

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Money added but balance still reads zero: Topped up my sons balance on Microsoft yesterday. However still showing as £0.00 balance. Payment has come out of my account and showing on the your family app as recent transaction....
  10. I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added money to my child's account but his balance remains at zero.: Hello, I've been trying to add money to my child's account with no luck. The transaction was approved, but his balance remains at zero. I can see the order on my order history, but the funds went...