Add personal Gmail account to Microsoft account with work email

Discus and support Add personal Gmail account to Microsoft account with work email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I currently have a Microsoft work account linked to my certification. As I might be changing companies soon, I'm wondering if I'll still have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SenyoAborgah, Nov 11, 2023.

1. SenyoAborgah
    SenyoAborgah Guest

Hello,

I currently have a Microsoft work account linked to my certification. As I might be changing companies soon, I'm wondering if I'll still have access to that account. Additionally, I have two accounts linked to my current work Microsoft account—one for work/school and another personal account, both using my work email. Can I make my Gmail account the primary one, and what's the best approach for handling this if I switch companies?

Thank you.

:)

SenyoAborgah, Nov 11, 2023
  2. WitWitterson Win User

Enforcement email was not received by either the child or parental accounts and the show enforcement history page will not open for me

Quick side note:

a lot of people use gmail and other systems for their primary personal email. Perhaps there is also a microsoft email attached to this account that is recieving said emails. I personally use gmail but i also have a @live.com email i use on my xbox.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Is it possible to move Xbox Live/Games for Windows Live Gamertag from one MS Account to Another Microsoft Account Email?

Hello Blazing,

Thanks for the replies and updates. In short you can change a Microsoft email to a Gmail, yahoo etc. The thing is, if that email is completely removed from the account. The Microsoft email is deleted. So lets say you use that email for work, you will no
    longer have access to the Microsoft email. If you leave the email on the account as a secondary email it will not delete it. SO Basically you will add the Gmail yahoo email(not a Microsoft email) then once verified. You will set the third party email as primary.
    It will move the Microsoft email to secondary.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

TRansfering xbox account

Hi Robert,

The system won't let you add an alias that is already being used by another Microsoft account. In this case, you have two Microsoft accounts and you want your Gmail to be associated with your Xbox Live account and not the Outlook address. Since you cannot
    transfer your Xbox Live profile from one account to another, you would first need to free up your Gmail from your other account, if you then want to add it as your primary alias for your Microsoft account which has the Xbox Live profile.

First, you need a create an alternate account to replace the Gmail on the Microsoft account using the email. Add the new email account as an alias and then you should be able to remove your Gmail as an alias from that account. Then, sign in with your Outlook
    account at https://account.microsoft.com/profile/ and add your Gmail address, which should no longer be an alias on another Microsoft account because you replaced it with
    the new email address you created. Once it is added, you can then make the Gmail as the primary sign in email and remove the Outlook if you wish to do so. Just keep in mind that this will permanently delete that Outlook email address.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Merging Microsoft Accounts

You can't really merge two Microsoft Accounts.

If you haven't invested money in the Gmail-Microsoft Account, you could simply back up all your data (i.e. OneDrive, Skype contacts etc.), and delete your Gmail-Micorosoft Account.

After you have deleted that Microsoft Account, add the Gmail address as a sign in Alias to your existing Hotmail Account.

After adding the Gmail Address as a sign in alias, make this the primary sign in email, and restore your OneDrive files to that OneDrive, and add the Skype contacts to that account.
  6. Ms.K1 Win User

Enforcement email was not received by either the child or parental accounts and the show enforcement history page will not open for me

Quick side note:

a lot of people use gmail and other systems for their primary personal email. Perhaps there is also a microsoft email attached to this account that is recieving said emails. I personally use gmail but i also have a @live.com email i use on my xbox.
    This is a good point.

I have checked all of our email accounts, including the hotmail/outlook accounts that I used to set up our xbox accounts ... still no emails.
Thema:

1. Add personal Gmail account to Microsoft account with work email - Similar Threads - Add personal Gmail

2. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  3. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  4. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  5. Add a second person to my Game Pass Account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Add a second person to my Game Pass Account: Hello, At 61 years of age, whilst computer literate, i am a dead set "Gammer Dummy". I am in hospital ATM and want to add a young fella I met here to have a separate "profile" so we can challenge...
  6. I can add other people but it won't let me add a specific person

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can add other people but it won't let me add a specific person: I'm trying to add someone but it just says it can't and to try again later, none of their messages come to me and none of mine get to them so we have no way of contacting help...
  7. Blocked person showing up on my add more on home page every time I turn my xbox on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blocked person showing up on my add more on home page every time I turn my xbox on?: I used 2 play with this person & also had them as a freind on xbox until they become very aggressive & nasty towards me I deleted & blocked them as a result of this now every single time I turn my...
  8. XBOX ONE S - how to add one person for multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S - how to add one person for multiplayer: Hi, I have two controller connected to XBOX ONE SAD I have the following games, Forz 3, Forza 7 , MineCraft and LEGOS. Do these support multi-player? How to enable two players to play above...
  9. Please add a volume controller for each person in a party chat.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please add a volume controller for each person in a party chat.: So here is the thing since Im a PUBG Player and I have to start using headphones to play, because if you are not using headphones you will miss 90% of the info. to know where are you getting shot...
  10. Trying to Add a person to game w existing account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to Add a person to game w existing account: I have an account for myself and have an account for my son. I have been trying to add my son to the xbox 1 we got for xmas! I have everything Microsoft has asked me to do! The last step, after my...