Add new account Error 0x80a40002

Discus and support Add new account Error 0x80a40002 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got my Xbox One and plugged it in just then and done the whole setup etc then when it got to the adding new account part i got this Error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PERlOD PAIN, Jan 22, 2014.

1. PERlOD PAIN
    PERlOD PAIN Guest

Just got my Xbox One and plugged it in just then and done the whole setup etc then when it got to the adding new account part i got this Error 0x80a40002 !!!!

Find this rather annoying due to how much money it cost etc for the dam console and then this happens right off the bat.

:)

PERlOD PAIN, Jan 22, 2014
  2. damos1249
    damos1249 Guest
    0x80a40002 Error

Can't sign into my account, keeps giving me this error. 0x80a40002

I have restarted my xbox and restored it back to factor settings and still gives me the 0x80a40002 error after setting it back up.

damos1249, Jan 22, 2014
  3. WeeHammy94
    WeeHammy94 Guest
    I can't sign into my xbox live account on the xbox one

Just got xbox one for x-mas and while my brother was installing COD: Ghost (Disk) and my mum accidently pulled out the internet cable to the router and since, we can't sign in or add any accounts and get an error code (0x80a40002)

Any help?

WeeHammy94, Jan 22, 2014
  4. PERlOD PAIN
    PERlOD PAIN Guest

I have Open NAT type, I've ran all test possible, I've reset it to factory and ran test again and this problem still plagues this console.

PERlOD PAIN, Jan 22, 2014
  5. PERlOD PAIN Win User

I have Open NAT type, I've ran all test possible, I've reset it to factory and ran test again and this problem still plagues this console.
  6. damos1249 Win User

0x80a40002 Error

This was supposed to be posted in Xbox One forums not the Xbox 360 section.
  7. xI Aken Ix Win User

Error 0x80a40002

ok,i'll try it :3

i'll be back ^^
  8. tehego-9670A427-BE0E Win User

Error 0x80a40002

You may try plugging a network cable from your Xbox directly into your modem and have it do the initial setup then try putting any router/wireless network connections back in place. I have seen other users perform this method to get it to work it is assumed
    that it is due to strict NAT policies by your network hardware or ISP. In some cases users even tethered their phones for initial setup.
  9. tehego-9670A427-BE0E Win User

Error 0x80a40002

The problem is that your modem which gets a an ip address and DNS servers assigned from your ISP (Internet service Provider) may not allow or resolve the DNS or connections for that first attempt. You should be able to connect normally on your modem now
    according to other reports. Do you have a router that sits between your modem? What modem and router model numbers do you have?
Thema:

1. Add new account Error 0x80a40002 - Similar Threads - Add account Error

2. Error on attempt to add money to child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error on attempt to add money to child account: Hi, I have an error on attempt to add money to child account using family application or web site. I tried to reach Microsoft support via phone or chat but without success. I got following...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  4. I am getting an error trying to add money to my son's account in Family Safety.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am getting an error trying to add money to my son's account in Family Safety.: I get the following error when I am trying to add funds to my son's account in Family Safety. I went through the get more info link and verified that my credit card is up to date, I do not have...
  5. Trying to add phone number to my account error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to add phone number to my account error: Hi, im trying to add a phone number to my account so i can use my xbox rewards, all i keep getting is "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias." its getting...
  6. I have had an error 'something wrong our end' when trying to add funds to my sons account....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have had an error 'something wrong our end' when trying to add funds to my sons account....: I was trying to add £10 to my sons account. It kept saying 'error our end, try again' so i did and each timenit rejected the purchase. On the last refresh it now shows £50. I cannnot afford the...
  7. Can't add parent to account error code: 0x80bd0043

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add parent to account error code: 0x80bd0043: Don't know how to fix this issue, I've already restarted my xbox 14db1872-0baa-4baf-aab3-8e56e713db41
  8. I keep getting Error 0x80a40019 when trying to add a New Account to my Xbox Series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting Error 0x80a40019 when trying to add a New Account to my Xbox Series X: Hi All, I've been trying to add a new account onto my xbox (mostly for using GP trial). But i keep getting this error - i.e. I can't add any new accounts. I can however log into my existing...
  9. Can't add my Xbox One to my Devices due to a website issue/error (account microsoft /devices/)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add my Xbox One to my Devices due to a website issue/error (account microsoft /devices/): I can't seem to add my xbox one onto my "my devices" in my browser for some reason, i input the serial number and press submit and it says its been added, but then it doesn't show up?...
  10. Unable to add new account following error message 0x801901f4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to add new account following error message 0x801901f4: I have been unable to connect to my XBox One account - error message 0x801901f4 displayed. After reading the troubleshooting advice, I have removed my account and completed the power cycle. I am...