Acer CB281HK - Xbox One X - HDMI to Displayport

Discus and support Acer CB281HK - Xbox One X - HDMI to Displayport in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So I have a Acer CB281HK monitor 4k 10 bit color w/ freesync and new xbox one X. I understand the freesync is most likely unusable with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elfsther, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Elfsther
    Elfsther Guest

Hey everyone,

So I have a Acer CB281HK monitor 4k 10 bit color w/ freesync and new xbox one X. I understand the freesync is most likely unusable with this combination (unless I read wrong elsewhere). However, I can only connect through HDMI because the Displayport receives
    no signal from the Xbox -> HDMI -> DisplayPort/HDMI adapter -> Displayport on monitor. The HDMI port on the monitor is 4k however it lacks the 10 bit color + Freesync features only available through Displayport not HDMI.

When I run the video settings on Xbox one X it says 4k but lacking freesync, 10 bit color, hdr (not on monitor) for gaming (I honestly could care less about 4k apps just gaming).

I've seen many adapters and off and on reviews and I will do what I need to get this 10 bit color and hopefully freesync working. I really don't want to wait for 4k HDMI 10 bit HDR monitors that are not out yet . Any solutions to this? I want to get the
    full one X exprerience with 10 bit color gaming.

THanks!

:)

Elfsther, Dec 27, 2017
  2. Skillborne
    Skillborne Guest
    XBOX One S > displayport

I tried to connect my XBOX One S via Hdmi to displayport converter to my gsnc 4k monitor (Acer Predator Xb280hk). I only get 480p.

If I try to use manual resolutions with overscan I get no signal at 720 - 1080p. Can this be a problem with hdcp or EDID?

Skillborne, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Metalmusher
    Metalmusher Guest
    Attivare Freesync

Buongiorno a tutti

Ho una Xbox One X solo con uscite hdmi e un Monitor Gaming Samsung U28E590 che ha 2 uscite hdmi e una display port.

Da poco è uscito l'aggiornamento per sfruttare il freesync sulla Xbox.

IL monitor mi fa attivare il Freesync solo tramite displayport.

Come faccio a collegare la Xbox One X al monitor?

[MOD Translation]

Goodmorning everyone I have an Xbox One X with only HDMI outputs and a Samsung U28E590 Gaming Monitor that has 2 HDMI outputs and a display port. The update was recently released to take advantage of freesync on the Xbox. The monitor
    allows me to activate the Freesync only via displayport. How do I connect the Xbox One X to the monitor?

Metalmusher, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Red264
    Red264 Guest

Freesync is not enabled on the Xbox One X despite the mention of support on it's specs page. MS has not said a word about it, no TV's support Freesync and the HDMI 2.1 interface will support a Freesync like system but displays using HDMI 2.1 are not likely
    to show up until late 2018 or 2019 so the Freesync feature is just sitting there unused and untested which is really disappointing because the TV makers will almost certainly screw up the HDMI 2.1 variable refresh rate tech on their first try so we will have
    to wait till 2020 till they release bug fixed models : (

Of course the solution would be to enable Freesync over HDMI and get/bribe TV's to support it like LG OLED's which should be more than capable of doing it, then debug games using variable refresh rate tech over the coming year so when HDMI 2.1 TV's come
    on the market there is an established baseline to aim for and lots of games that make use of it, will that happen of course not, that's way too much sense : )

Freesync does work over Displayport and HDMI but it must be supported by the display and be using the same interface at the other end, you can't use DP/HDMI converters. AMD's Freesync website has a list of monitors with Freesync over HDMI support but given
    MS have said nothing about the operating range of the Xbox One X in Freesync buying anything is a gamble, my guess is it will only work in 30-75Hz range when it is eventually enabled.

To do what you actually want would require MS releasing a HDMI to Displayport official adapter which outputs native Displayport signal from the Xbox One X, no conversion the OS sees the native DP interface via the cable and supports features like Freesync,
    obviously such a cable does not exist either.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news so that display is only good for 4K resolution nothing more.

As for 10-bit RGB thats not really a big deal that's really only used for HDR games, all games are 8-bit RGB SDR by default.

Red264, Dec 27, 2017
  5. Elfsther
    Elfsther Guest
    So is there no way to get 4k @ 60HZ through Displayport with max graphics

Elfsther, Jan 4, 2018
  6. Red264
    Red264 Guest
    Nope, without an official DP cable from MS (which does not exist), the Xbox cannot use the DisplayPort interface properly.

In another year or two you might see HDMI 2.x to DP converters which will give the 60Hz/4K output, but as it stands right now they are very rare if the exist. Most are still HDMI 1.x to DP converters.

Red264, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Red264 Win User

Freesync is not enabled on the Xbox One X despite the mention of support on it's specs page. MS has not said a word about it, no TV's support Freesync and the HDMI 2.1 interface will support a Freesync like system but displays using HDMI 2.1 are not likely
    to show up until late 2018 or 2019 so the Freesync feature is just sitting there unused and untested which is really disappointing because the TV makers will almost certainly screw up the HDMI 2.1 variable refresh rate tech on their first try so we will have

Of course the solution would be to enable Freesync over HDMI and get/bribe TV's to support it like LG OLED's which should be more than capable of doing it, then debug games using variable refresh rate tech over the coming year so when HDMI 2.1 TV's come
    on the market there is an established baseline to aim for and lots of games that make use of it, will that happen of course not, that's way too much sense : )

Freesync does work over Displayport and HDMI but it must be supported by the display and be using the same interface at the other end, you can't use DP/HDMI converters. AMD's Freesync website has a list of monitors with Freesync over HDMI support but given
    MS have said nothing about the operating range of the Xbox One X in Freesync buying anything is a gamble, my guess is it will only work in 30-75Hz range when it is eventually enabled.

To do what you actually want would require MS releasing a HDMI to Displayport official adapter which outputs native Displayport signal from the Xbox One X, no conversion the OS sees the native DP interface via the cable and supports features like Freesync,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news so that display is only good for 4K resolution nothing more.

As for 10-bit RGB thats not really a big deal that's really only used for HDR games, all games are 8-bit RGB SDR by default.
  8. Elfsther Win User

9. Red264 Win User

Nope, without an official DP cable from MS (which does not exist), the Xbox cannot use the DisplayPort interface properly.

In another year or two you might see HDMI 2.x to DP converters which will give the 60Hz/4K output, but as it stands right now they are very rare if the exist. Most are still HDMI 1.x to DP converters.
  10. ROBIN H 25 Win User

New gaming monitor

I'm saying that HDMI to displayport adapters are pointless to use, and if you were to use one , you'll still only be getting 60hz.

you want to connect the HDMI port of the Xbox console to a HDMI port on the monitor or TV for the best outcome,

because the Xbox One X does not have a displayport on the console, you can't go displayport to displayport,

so the only choice is HDMI to HDMI, i personally would not go HDMI from the console to displayport on the monitor via an HDMI to displayport adapter,

when connecting to a monitor it's best to go straight...

HDMI to HDMI

or

Displayport to Displayport

never

HDMI to Displayport via an adapter.
  11. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox one s compatability with a monitor

Make sure also that the monitor supports, HDMI Displayport 2.0 as that what the Xbox One S and Xbox One X use, I believe that the standard Xbox One only uses HDMI Displayport 1.4,

Its possible that the monitor only supports HDMI Displayport 1.4,

Its possible that you're TV has HDMI Displayport 2.0, which could be the reason it works on the TV but not the monitor.
Thema:

1. Acer CB281HK - Xbox One X - HDMI to Displayport - Similar Threads - Acer CB281HK HDMI

2. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  3. Will the Acer Nitro XZ273U X3 do 1440p at 120hz on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Acer Nitro XZ273U X3 do 1440p at 120hz on xbox: I found a used 240hz 1440p monitor and im just wondering if itll work before i buy it, i know theres a thing where it doesnt work if its 119.88 hz but theres no way of telling an i cant check...
  4. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s b3f13c6f-8e8c-44ec-acb8-1c3d462029de
  5. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s f9cc34c0-3cba-4f78-a401-6962a2669e48
  6. Issues with Acer monitor working with xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with Acer monitor working with xbox one s: Hi there. My son jumped the gun and bought a Acer monitor without asking us to look at it. Monitor arrived yesterday but when connected to his xbox one s using Hdmi cable, it said input not...
  7. I have recently purchased an Acer monitor from a friend that is 1080p 165hz compatible, I’m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have recently purchased an Acer monitor from a friend that is 1080p 165hz compatible, I’m...: I have just recently purchased a Acer monitor from a friend. After searching the model and specs of the monitor I have confirmed that it is 1080p and 165hz compatible, upon trying to connect my...
  8. Getting error code 0xc0ea0001 when trying to launch Starfield on my laptop (Acer Nitro 5)....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error code 0xc0ea0001 when trying to launch Starfield on my laptop (Acer Nitro 5)....: I'm having an issue launching starfield(I own the base game and premium content DLC) without needing to restart my laptop first. I play starfield at night and shut down my laptop every night. When...
  9. Acer QG241Y H no sound problem :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer QG241Y H no sound problem :(: Hello. I recently bought an acer QG241Y H monitor which was advertised to have built-in speakers. But now im realising that the speakers dont work. I tried troubleshooting but that doesnt fix the...
  10. Acer lcd monitor xz322qu and xbox series x start up snow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer lcd monitor xz322qu and xbox series x start up snow: So I start up my console, the console turns my monitor on. Picture is there then about 30 sec after dashboard loads: snow. Not fuzzy picture.. white snow. The way I'm bypassing this for now is...