Account transfer clarification

Discus and support Account transfer clarification in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just found out that the email address I use for my Microsoft account will become unavailable in the near future (the company is shutting down their... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rotating Cube, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Account transfer clarification

I just found out that the email address I use for my Microsoft account will become unavailable in the near future (the company is shutting down their service). So I need to associate this gamertag with a new account/email. I read the how-to for the process
    but I still have a few questions: (1) The article describing how to do this says your Microsoft points don't transfer but the sticky in this forum says they do. Which one is it? (2) What about my gold subscription and the licenses? Will I lose them during
    the transfer?

:)

Rotating Cube, Jan 31, 2014
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Two Xbox live accounts

Hi, what happened to your old account ? There may be a way to recover that account unless it got banned for some reason. There is no way to transfer anything between accounts sorry to say. Just for clarification, I'm the guy who is just below you with 1
    kill and 41 deaths so you have little to worry about.

EggsBoxJuan, Jan 31, 2014
  3. GTporsche
    GTporsche Guest
    Transfer GTA Online from one GT to another?

Not possible. It's transferable across generations, but not across accounts since the data is tied to the account.

GTporsche, Jan 31, 2014
  4. Account transfer clarification

Hi there,

When you change the email address associated with your account, you are basically updating/changing the login information for your account. Your gold subscription, purchases and such will remain with your gamertag.

-

I hope this helps.

Mistress Sara, Jan 31, 2014
  5. And you cannot complete the transfer if you still have remaining MS Points or local currency on your account. To check them, please go to
    https://billing.microsoft.com

Uriels Phoenix, Feb 1, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Account transfer clarification