Account taken over - help with recovery

Discus and support Account taken over - help with recovery in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi My son was playing Minecraft and got tricked into entering the email code into a Discord chat. The email address then received this message:... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mark Horner2, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Mark Horner2
    Mark Horner2 Guest

Hi

My son was playing Minecraft and got tricked into entering the email code into a Discord chat.

The email address then received this message:

Account taken over - help with recovery [​IMG]

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Microsoft account team <*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***>Unsubscribe[/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][td]16:18 (42 minutes ago)

[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr][/table]
    [table][tr][td][table][tr][td]to meAccount taken over - help with recovery [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]
    [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Microsoft account[/td][/tr][tr][td]Your password changed[/td][/tr][tr][td]Your password for the Microsoft account ma***** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** was changed on 1/7/2024 2:18 PM (GMT).[/td][/tr][tr][td]If this was you, then you can safely ignore this email.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Security info used: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***[/td][/tr][tr][td]Country/region: Poland[/td][/tr][tr][td]Platform: Windows[/td][/tr][tr][td]Browser: Chrome[/td][/tr][tr][td]IP address: 83.3.134.105[/td][/tr][tr][td]If this wasn't you, your account has been compromised. Please follow these steps:[/td][/tr][tr][td]1. Reset your password.[/td][/tr][tr][td]2. Review your security info.[/td][/tr][tr][td]3. Learn how to make your account more secure.[/td][/tr][tr][td]You can also opt out or change where you receive security notifications.[/td][/tr][/table]

Now we are unable to log in or recover. MS says there is no account with that email address and trying to make a new account says the email is associated with another account.

Please help! I have no idea how to contact MS properly for help!

:)

Mark Horner2, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Mark, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I truly am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to fill out the recover account form?

Please, use this link:

https://account.live.com/acsr

If you still can't recover it, I kindly ask you to speak with the XBOX Staff.

Please enter this link:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Let me know if it works!
  3. BlaezaLite Win User

Can't access my partners account...

I've tried all that and to no avail, also filled out a recovery form and that wasn't any help either... My mrs just wants her bank details taken off the account.
  4. Self Deceit Win User

HACKER

Step 1: Calm down. It is highly unlikely that this person has fully taken over your account.

Step 2: Make sure ONLY your info is in the account recovery section. If there happens to be another phone number or email, chances are your account is in danger of being fully taken over. Remove anything you dont recognize from this section.

Step 3: Change your primary email address associated with the account and change your current password.

There you're done.

If you have more issues regarding this issue you're better off contacting Microsoft support than making a post here.
  5. I Remedial I Win User

Help with account recovery

Thanks for answering however i knew abot the 2fa blockade and we tried to overcome it on microsoft support. The problem was that is says that if you have 2fa turned on, that methode will won't work. That is why I wanted to first post this on the forums mabye to catch a microsoft employee's attention and if this didn't work I am thinking of trying calling directly. I appreciate you answering tho.

Edit:forgot to mention that the support methode I tried was the one you linked but got rejected just as my friend did after countless tries for 4 YEARS. After using this methode and providing creditcard info (that was required), xbox live console id, phone number, previous passwords, name and adress. Even all that was not enough.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Help with account recovery

Yes, that is what I´m telling you :(

Recovering a 2fa method is pretty much impossible without the authentication method(phone or email)
    Or the backup codes given to you when 2fa is first enabled.
Thema:

1. Account taken over - help with recovery - Similar Threads - Account taken help

2. Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation: Hi, I have recently noticed a lot of transactions that have been taken from my bank account through something called ‘Ultimate 1 M (via Microsoft)’. When I googled it I realised it was some type...
  3. "Username has already been taken" error on existing account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Username has already been taken" error on existing account: Hello! Is anyone else having this issue? The Minecraft launcher insists I input a username, and it says mine is already taken (which I know is taken by me). This is after I log in with my...
  4. An unauthorised payment was taken from my PayPal account by Microsoft.

in XBoX on Windows
    An unauthorised payment was taken from my PayPal account by Microsoft.: I have requested a call back twice. I have emailed twice. I have had no response. There is an unrecognised X-box account associated with my Microsoft account, I don’t have an Xbox account...
  5. Access to account lost, unknown email taken over

in XBoX Accessibility
    Access to account lost, unknown email taken over: Hi, Near the start of the year my Microsoft account connected to my xbox and pc (before I reset it and used a new account) was taken over by an unknown @rambler.ru email. I now cannot reset the...
  6. My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account: Recently my ex logged into my account, changed my gamertag, and then made a new account with it. I was wondering if theres any way to revert it? I use the name Advianza for a lot of things since I...
  7. Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...: Hi there, My son's Microsoft account was taken away and then deleted by a bot from Discord. He then lost all his games in the Microsoft account. It happened when a bot from Discord asked him for...
  8. My mincecraft account was hacked but nothing was taken apart from items in hypixel skyblock...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My mincecraft account was hacked but nothing was taken apart from items in hypixel skyblock...: When i logged back in to skyblock my account was empty all my gear was gone most my things in my inventory weren there when i logged off and i am afraid they may have access to my microsoft...
  9. I paid for ad free solitaire on 2/20/23 for $14.99 it was taken from my account on 2/23/23...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I paid for ad free solitaire on 2/20/23 for $14.99 it was taken from my account on 2/23/23...: I paid for ad free solitaire on 2/20/23 for $14.99 it was taken from my account on 2/23/23 but i'm now receiving ads again 82fbc05b-eaa1-42f8-afa7-fda134f441a9
  10. Xbox Live has been taken out of my bank account twice for the last few months ,can anyone help ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live has been taken out of my bank account twice for the last few months ,can anyone help ...: xbox Live has been taken out of my bank account twice can any body help please 8c9a2b9c-f53d-47e8-81c5-d55d4051ee51