Account taken over 8 months a go, has 2FA on it, locked by Microsoft

Discus and support Account taken over 8 months a go, has 2FA on it, locked by Microsoft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account was stolen a while ago, and the person who stole it put a 2FA on it, then I got it locked, and it currently still remains locked. Is there... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by berii itigo, May 1, 2023.

1. berii itigo
    berii itigo Guest

My account was stolen a while ago, and the person who stole it put a 2FA on it, then I got it locked, and it currently still remains locked. Is there any chance of me recovering my stolen account?

I had a lot of value on this account and I still can't get over losing it.

Microsoft says they can't do anything because of the 2FA which means they can't touch the account.

However, I can't even get the 2FA removed (confusing, but I can get the guy who stole it to remove it if I ask), because it's locked.

I have tried multiple 'compliance lock forms', but they keep getting denied.

What are my options?

:)

berii itigo, May 1, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly submit your account unblock request here in our account reinstatement form:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/reinsta...

After you submit the form, a Microsoft Online Safety support agent will review it and contact you by email. Please do not submit additional requests, as this may slow down our response time.

To protect your account and its contents, our support agents and advocates can only send password reset links or access and change account details when you submit the account reinstatement form.

You will receive an update from them within 24 - 72 hours.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.
  3. lil orda Win User

How to get out of a compliance lock With TSV turned on

your account is gone dude microsoft is never going to fix this but i’ve heard some people are going to try and lock phil spencer’s xbox account because this method of locking microsoft accounts is so effective the compliance team has to find a way to unlock accounts on their side with 2fa
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

My account was blocked permanently without much reason

When an account it's locked or blocked, if the account has 2fa active, they can't unblock/unlock, as they can't access the account, but if you manage to get access and then you use the 2fa with your data, anyone else will be able to access it
  5. Phantasystar77 Win User

Achievement Issue-Please Help!

Your account definitely sounds like it was hacked and suggest contacting Microsoft asap before they start charging up MS points on your credit card. Their likely going to lock your account for about a month to investigate though. I believe it has something
    to do with EA and their horrible servers. Anyway this has been going on for some time now. Here is a story from 8 months back on it.....

www.xboxer360.com/.../xbl-accounts-hacked-for-fifa-12-gold-packs
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

How can I recover my account?

It’s not that there is someone in my account, the hacker used a script to lock my account, he showed me it, then the next day it’s locked and I can’t get in because it says i have 2fa on.
    Without posting any personal info, can you explain exactly what happened?

Did you give any of your own info to this "hacker"? Enabling 2FA makes your account much more resilient to being hacked, not less, so I'm wondering if you gave them certain info that let them take over your account.
Thema:

1. Account taken over 8 months a go, has 2FA on it, locked by Microsoft - Similar Threads - Account taken months

2. Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation: Hi, I have recently noticed a lot of transactions that have been taken from my bank account through something called ‘Ultimate 1 M (via Microsoft)’. When I googled it I realised it was some type...
  3. Account taken over - help with recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over - help with recovery: Hi My son was playing Minecraft and got tricked into entering the email code into a Discord chat. The email address then received this message: [img] Microsoft account team <*** Die...
  4. "Username has already been taken" error on existing account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Username has already been taken" error on existing account: Hello! Is anyone else having this issue? The Minecraft launcher insists I input a username, and it says mine is already taken (which I know is taken by me). This is after I log in with my...
  5. An unauthorised payment was taken from my PayPal account by Microsoft.

in XBoX on Windows
    An unauthorised payment was taken from my PayPal account by Microsoft.: I have requested a call back twice. I have emailed twice. I have had no response. There is an unrecognised X-box account associated with my Microsoft account, I don’t have an Xbox account...
  6. Access to account lost, unknown email taken over

in XBoX Accessibility
    Access to account lost, unknown email taken over: Hi, Near the start of the year my Microsoft account connected to my xbox and pc (before I reset it and used a new account) was taken over by an unknown @rambler.ru email. I now cannot reset the...
  7. My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag was changed and then taken by another account: Recently my ex logged into my account, changed my gamertag, and then made a new account with it. I was wondering if theres any way to revert it? I use the name Advianza for a lot of things since I...
  8. Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...: Hi there, My son's Microsoft account was taken away and then deleted by a bot from Discord. He then lost all his games in the Microsoft account. It happened when a bot from Discord asked him for...
  9. I keep having $99 dollars taken out of my bank account every month and I didn’t sign up for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep having $99 dollars taken out of my bank account every month and I didn’t sign up for...: I keep having $99 dollars taken out of my bank account every month and I didn’t sign up for anything and I would like to know why and how to get a refund 5305c304-3642-4eb8-8a1b-4e3da976470f
  10. £5.99 a month is being taken out of my paypal account for a xbox live gold subscription which ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    £5.99 a month is being taken out of my paypal account for a xbox live gold subscription which ...: £5.99 a month is being taken out of my paypal account for a xbox live gold subscription which is not linked to my account . As it is not linked to my account i cant cancel it. This has been going...