Account Suspension due to Credit Card change

Discus and support Account Suspension due to Credit Card change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, The credit account associated with the Xbox live account was changed by AMEX due to identity theft. I entered our new AMEX # into the system -... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Goldengamer1210, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Account Suspension due to Credit Card change

Hi,

The credit account associated with the Xbox live account was changed by AMEX due to identity theft.

I entered our new AMEX # into the system - didn't realize that we were in a cycle of charges and declines with the old card because we have 2 XBOX accounts ( we have xbox one too) and the other one went through.

We have updated our credit card info but it seems the system will not allow us to pay.

Please help!

:)

Goldengamer1210, Nov 15, 2014
  2. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest
    LET ME INTO THE "My Account" LINK PLEASE!!!

If your account is currently suspended due to non-payment, you may need to take care of that before you can make changes to things like membership and autorenewal. Try signing into your console and go to Settings, then Account, under "Your Memberships",
    choose Xbox LIVE Gold. Then choose "Change Payment Option". You may need to add a new credit card if the old one is currently invalid. Make sure you've got a good credit card on file that is capable of settling the balance due for your Gold membership.
    Once that credit card is on file, with up-to-date information, it should charge the amount due right away, and then the suspension will be lifted.

-

Once your suspension is lifted, you can again go onto xbox.com/account and make adjustments. Memberships, autorenewal, etc..

Klokkwork, Nov 15, 2014
  3. MrKIinky
    MrKIinky Guest
    Asking for suspension to be lifted

I was recently suspended on my account due to "Marketplace Theft". I only used my credit cards and paypal accounts on my account and the suspension said I committed "marketplace theft". I know for a fact they are my credit cards
    and PayPal's because I set the accounts up and also have the information to them. I would like to get my suspension lifted earlier than the two days it is suspended for. Thank you.

MrKIinky, Nov 15, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You will need to contact support directly and speak to billing so they can assist you. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    support.xbox.com/contact-us

Smwutches, Nov 15, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

You will need to contact support directly and speak to billing so they can assist you. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. Klokkwork Win User

LET ME INTO THE "My Account" LINK PLEASE!!!

If your account is currently suspended due to non-payment, you may need to take care of that before you can make changes to things like membership and autorenewal. Try signing into your console and go to Settings, then Account, under "Your Memberships",
    choose Xbox LIVE Gold. Then choose "Change Payment Option". You may need to add a new credit card if the old one is currently invalid. Make sure you've got a good credit card on file that is capable of settling the balance due for your Gold membership.
    Once that credit card is on file, with up-to-date information, it should charge the amount due right away, and then the suspension will be lifted.

-

Once your suspension is lifted, you can again go onto xbox.com/account and make adjustments. Memberships, autorenewal, etc..
  7. Smwutches Win User

Redeeming Xbox gift card

If you have a past due suspension, you'll have to pay that with a credit card or Paypal before you can use the funds in your account to purchase a new subscription.
  8. WPAK Win User

Question about my account.

Hi there,

You will have to solve the credit card issue and suspension first, before you are able to go online and or use the prepaid cards.

And you will likely be charged when changing/fizing the payment options for the 12 month subscription.

-

Your account is likely to be suspended (due to payment issues) and not banned.

-

If you have any additional questions just let us know :)
  9. SteelMaccaBeus Win User

Microsoft xBox Live Support Complaint

The delay was due to a change in credit card number forced by bank to protect a potential fraudulent activity. So 12/13/15 was renewal date and charge appeared on card 2/5/16 due to card number rejection. Since the auto renew notification was not delivered
    to my sons email account nor to my parent accounts the only way I recognized the renewal was by looking at charges on credit card. So the only successful notification I received was by way of credit card statement and that is within the 30 day window.
Thema:

1. Account Suspension due to Credit Card change - Similar Threads - Account Suspension due

2. Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account: EDIT: I see it says Xbox ambassador on my profile on the forms, but I can't view the ambassador page and it says I was removed Hey Everyone, I went to join the Xbox ambassadors and for some...
  3. Account suspension keeps showing up in the Gamepass App

in XboX Insiders
    Account suspension keeps showing up in the Gamepass App: I have found this on my profile, after the pop-up shows up everytime in my Gamepass app. Everything works fine. I don’t know why it keeps coming up. Any fix? Thank you! submitted by...
  4. How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I appeal a ban if there are no active suspensions or enforcement history on my account?: I can't contact support because the account is banned but there is no enforcement on the account so I can't contact through that either [img] ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Accessibility /...
  5. How can I get my permanent suspension xbox account back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get my permanent suspension xbox account back?: How can I get my permanent suspension xbox account back? c4600d67-db60-4fdf-9e66-217e081989cd
  6. Wrongful Indefinite suspension on Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wrongful Indefinite suspension on Xbox account?: I’m lost for words that my account received a permanent account ban with my appeal being denied. I have not used anything to the extent to reach this type of ban, I understand trash talk etc but...
  7. how to get my rewards account back from suspension

in XBoX on Windows
    how to get my rewards account back from suspension: hi i have been using the rewards now for years and i have been unable to collect points for about a year but i was still redeeming points from my account even as late as last october which now...
  8. Can anyone help me with reverting my xbox accounts permanent suspension?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone help me with reverting my xbox accounts permanent suspension?: Hi all, i have recieved a permanent suspension on an account that i have had for around 7 years and i have no idea why. The thing is i did absolutely nothing wrong and after all this time and...
  9. Xbox Account suspension.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Account suspension.: So I have been an avid gamer for 17 years. I am a Microsoft player primarily. Pc and Xbox ofc. I have played on the same account for 8 years since i created it on Xbox One. I had a different...
  10. My xbox account which has no suspension history has been banned for 15 days due to account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox account which has no suspension history has been banned for 15 days due to account...: My xbox account which has no suspension has been banned for 15 days due to account violation i have 0 details on this acount violation and xbox denied my appeal with 0 information ....