Account split

Discus and support Account split in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all ive had a look through previous posts but cannot find exactly what a need. My stepson started using my xbox account years ago. Its linked to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by matthewLander1, May 28, 2020.

1. Account split

Hi all

ive had a look through previous posts but cannot find exactly what a need. My stepson started using my xbox account years ago. Its linked to my microsoft account. If i change my password it logs his xbox live account out. This means i have to give him my
    password. Can we split the accounts so he can carry on with his xbox and i have my microsoft account back.

Thankyou

:)

matthewLander1, May 28, 2020
  2. Smuroh Win User

Account split

Hi matthewLander1,

Sadly splitting accounts is not possible, what you will need to do is create him an account and then add him to your family this way he will still be able to use your gold access and you can monitor what he has been up to.

Here are a list of ways you can set this up:

https://support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12417/microsoft-account-add-members-to-family

https://www.windowscentral.com/parents-guide-xbox-one

I hope this helps your issue.
  3. BoyFantasticITA Win User

Splitting an account

Hello Brian,

The family account may solve the issue: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one

Hope I helped you!

-
  4. BrianMcDonald7 Win User

Splitting an account

They would each need their own accounts in order to be able to sign in at the same time. If they have been playing on the same account until now, it would not be possible to move any progress to a new account.
    Would a family account help remedy this? Would a family account make it possible to by the game once, then allow each child to play the game or does Microsoft for you into buying a game for each child?
  5. ikickbutt003 Win User

Splitting accounts

Hi,

Nope there is no option to split the account, though since you have an xbox one, you can share the games if you created individual accounts for your children including xbox live. though of course, they need to start their progress again with the new accounts.

I hope that helps.
  6. Dadwhite Win User

Splitting accounts

Hi there,

Separate accounts can be created for each user, but you won't be able to transfer their game progress over (unless the game allows that option).

More on creating accounts can be found here:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/add-family-member-on-xbox-one

As for sharing a gold subscription - if they are on an gold account's home Xbox One they will be able to share the gold subscriber's subscription. More on that can be found here:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

I hope this helps.
    This is a great option because you as a parent will get weekly status reports on what the child accounts are doing and for how long. You will also get notifications when they purchase items and you can control what they can do and others can see about them.
Thema:

Account split

1. Account split - Similar Threads - Account split

2. Account split after signing in on Xbox One S to grant child in Family Group permissions,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account split after signing in on Xbox One S to grant child in Family Group permissions,...: Important Details: Device: Xbox One S. Mobile Device: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max. Child's account was over 2 years old with Parental Consent. Child's account is for a child under 13. Parent is...
  3. Microsoft split my accounts - how can I merge them again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft split my accounts - how can I merge them again?: Hi, I had two emails associated with my Microsoft account, a Gmail one and a Hotmail one. However, these have now been split into two accounts. I need to merge these accounts again because my...
  4. Won't let me split screen or add a guest account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me split screen or add a guest account: The call of duty Black ops 2 won't let me download or add a guest account to split screen 7f9cb0d2-ac31-46e3-8866-e6ed2dbb488a
  5. I made this account to play with my brother on bo3 split screen and while I had it while a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I made this account to play with my brother on bo3 split screen and while I had it while a...: Why did this happen to me and why so long? 006d4fb9-1a56-46b1-a13c-a38e3bb2d3bd
  6. My Microsoft account has split and redeemed currency on the wrong account

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has split and redeemed currency on the wrong account: I redeemed 2,200 currency from a code for Halo Infinite but it transferred to an account that I had never set up or seen under the same email, I signed out and then signed back in to the same...
  7. My son is now 18 and wants his own xbox account - how do we split up the account ? (away...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son is now 18 and wants his own xbox account - how do we split up the account ? (away...: Can he keep his progress and updates too? f5ba9ae0-a21c-450c-b567-31cd8e95f777
  8. Guest account not working for split screen gameplay . Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Guest account not working for split screen gameplay . Help!: Split screen on series x isn't working on Cold War. Is anyone else having this issue? We have tried every way we can possibly think of to have a guest join on multiplayer and zombies but nothing...
  9. Split payment, use up credit balance, child account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Split payment, use up credit balance, child account.: As I figured out the solution this is more of an informative comment than a question. How do you use up a remaining Microsoft credit balance by splitting a payment for online store purchases with...
  10. can I safely split and xbox live account from my pc account without messing up both?

in XBoX on Windows
    can I safely split and xbox live account from my pc account without messing up both?: I gave my brother the xbox one and he bought a ton of games and uses xbox live. I still use the microsoft account for my computer. I want to split the account is this possible? -Thanks...