Account says I'm a child account, although I'm not.

Discus and support Account says I'm a child account, although I'm not. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to change my settings through aka.ms/accountsettings , it always leads me to this page:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fludd.mp3, Jul 10, 2018.

1. fludd.mp3
    fludd.mp3 Guest

fludd.mp3, Jul 10, 2018
  2. CaptainZakz
    CaptainZakz Guest
    Cant broadcast because it says I'm a child account when I'm on a adult account

I have been on quite a few chats with xbox support as they have tried to help but have not succeeded. my issue is I have allowed my xbox to broadcast I'm on a adult account but it is detecting me as a child account. done multiple solution such as restarting
    network, deleting cache, rebooting system, enabling and disabling as nothing has worked. I can't even sign in on my beam account using Microsoft it is very frustrating as all I want is to broadcast with friends.

my supporter said to include chat reference which is 1385395031

CaptainZakz, Jul 10, 2018
  3. CaptainZakz
    CaptainZakz Guest
    Cant broadcast because it says I'm a child account when I'm on a adult account

yeah when I was on Xbox support he check my account and it's an adult account. It's also allowed but when I go onto it says your too young to broadcast even if allowed. They have checked and I'm classified as an adult account but being detected as a child
    please help

CaptainZakz, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Account says I'm a child account, although I'm not.

Hey there, happy to lend you some support in the right direction! I won't be able to look into your account from my end, but it might be a good idea to give the steps on this page a try to start: Xbox One online safety and privacy settings

But to also reach out to the official Xbox Support Chat/Phone team here: Contact Us | Xbox Support so they can take a deeper dive into your account and your account settings to see what's going on. They would have the tools to really take
    a closer look. Account says I'm a child account, although I'm not. :)

FoeHammersRing, Jul 10, 2018
  5. Jackhale4
    Jackhale4 Guest
    Jackhale4, Sep 15, 2018
  6. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    You dont first and foremost

Changing the age of your account has no bearing on your account status

You can call support to see what your status is

You can remove the parental account at https://accounts.microsoft.com

However only after the accounr reaches the age of 18 based on when it was originally set when you created the account no sooner

Doing so before the age of maturity will only result in you being locked out until you readd a parental account

ngocphi, Sep 16, 2018
  7. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hi Jackhale4,

If you haven't already, please go ahead and make a new thread
    detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps(if any) you've tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you.

XBF Leslie D, Nov 2, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: