Account reset problem when connecting xbox account to steam in forza horizon 5 game

Discus and support Account reset problem when connecting xbox account to steam in forza horizon 5 game in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I played forza horizon 5 game on xbox gamepass before. Then I bought the game from steam to play. When I opened the game, it asked me to link my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ekrem günay, Jul 10, 2023.

1. ekrem günay
    ekrem günay Guest

Account reset problem when connecting xbox account to steam in forza horizon 5 game

I played forza horizon 5 game on xbox gamepass before. Then I bought the game from steam to play. When I opened the game, it asked me to link my xbox account to my steam account. When I made the connection and opened the game, I saw that it reset my profile and I started the game again from the story section. Please help me I don't want to start the game from scratch again

:)

ekrem günay, Jul 10, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Because they are both different clients and they have their own separate data. I believe this is because of the licenses that they have on their data. Unfortunately, this is how it works on both clients.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your Forza 5 saved data

Just a heads up, MS/Xbox and Steam has separate progress and they will not sync with each other even if you are logged in with your account. They will always have separate data as they are 2 different clients. If you want to continue playing your data, you can only do that through Xbox since you will start again on Steam.
  4. ekrem günay Win User

Nice to meet you too

I understand what you mean, but I don't understand why. I agree, they're two different platforms but ultimately the same game. How can they have separate files? I've only seen this situation here.
  5. Miloslav Bečička Win User

how to link xbox to steam

Hello i have forza horizon 5 on steam. Today i wanna play forza but when i got into forza and clicked play it gived me a window to sign in to xbox, when i clicked sign in it gived me a window that i have to sign to play. When i went to xbox game bar i had my steam connected to xbox so i deleted it and again connected it back to xbox account but it still gives me this error. Do you have ani advise? (Sorry for my bad english).
  6. Okan Berkay ERÇETİ Win User

Will my progress in Forza Horizon 5 be gone after uninstalling the game

I downloaded the Forza 5 for the first time via Microsoft Store, i played and i deleted the game. (I played with gamepass)

I bought Forza 5 from Steam and i linked my xbox account with steam, but when i start the game and logged in with my xbox account, my all progress is gone.
Thema:

1. Account reset problem when connecting xbox account to steam in forza horizon 5 game - Similar Threads - Account reset problem

2. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore: I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it...
  3. How do I reset an Xbox so I can get my old account on it and set it up the way I want it set up

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset an Xbox so I can get my old account on it and set it up the way I want it set up: How do you reset an Xbox so I can get my old account on my new one because my old one is gone and I've tried using the help with the Xbox but it just keeps taking your stupider stuff or someone...
  4. I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time...: I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time in a sign in page and then go back again to home page can anyone sort it...
  5. Can I reset my microsoft rewards account

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I reset my microsoft rewards account: Months ago my microsoft rewards account was banned (I have no idea why) and even though I've submitted multiple issue tickets I've had no response from microsoft so at this point I just want to...
  6. If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...: My Xbox is trouble shooting or something like that and ive tried everything I could and I've had my Xbox for 8years. I'm scared if I partially factory reset my Xbox can I still log into my account...
  7. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  8. Account reset password problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account reset password problem: Hello, I have a problem with account verification, so it's an old account, but the account is still in my hands, when I want to log in I forget the password, then I press the reset password, but...
  9. Problem Adding a new account even after reset

in XboX Insiders
    Problem Adding a new account even after reset: Hi all, I'm seeking some help. I'm running the insiders version, before today's update, and I was trying to add a new account. After several tries, I decided to reset my console and for my...
  10. Error message: Reset your account - problem with the storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message: Reset your account - problem with the storage: Hi, my son has an XBox One S. The above error message appeared recently apparently, and doing factory resetting and clearing cache has done nothing. What it does now it is very slow to start and...