account recovery not working at all

Discus and support account recovery not working at all in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have tried for the last 8 months 2 times a day filling out all of my details to the automated account recovery and it still isn't working. I'm not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Charley Charley1, Jan 9, 2024.

1. account recovery not working at all

I have tried for the last 8 months 2 times a day filling out all of my details to the automated account recovery and it still isn't working. I'm not sure what to do at this point, do I really give up on all of my things and let it all go? Why can't a company this big do the right thing and have an actual working system for account recovery? I can't even talk to a real human about my situation because I'm redirected to an automated system that doesn't even work. I would love to have my account back but I'm not sure what to do at this point....

:)

Charley Charley1, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Stephanie Dequito Win User

Hi Charley! My name is Stephanie and I'm more than happy to help you out!

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this on your Microsoft account. Unfortunately, according to Darhyl, who is an Independent Advisor: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7bb2de0a-90c8-4470-a7ae-7ddc749778bb

"The only option to recover a Microsoft account is through the account recovery webform (ACSR).

https://account.live.com/ACSR?uaid=eadbff0c96ce4ed9935b7d36f1670425

Note: If your account has 2 step verification feature enabled, I'm afraid the account recovery web form will not work."

If you feel the need to contact a live support, please check the link that I have provided:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  3. ngocphi Win User

Refusal to all recovery of account

Well you are going to have to keep working with them ot attempt an account take over ayyempt after 3 tries

2 things it's best to do the report with a previously connected device that used the account

Also if you are failing at account recovery they are looking at original info on the account not changes literally stuff only the owner should know

These are set in stone set by privacy and data laws
  4. Iain Black1 Win User

I've given every bit of information they requested (DoB,location etc) short of the password (which is why I'm trying to recover the account to begin with). Am about to fire up my oldest laptop I could find so hopefully that might have some connection/info but doubt it.

At this stage I'm going to have to create a new account as I've been trying for the past 4days (so 8 attempts) and no luck
  5. ngocphi Win User

As you.been already told they can only give it to the accoumt owner

If you are failing it us because you are failing at core info that MUST match

And no they can't tell you what you are getting wrong

That would give you unlimited chances to phish
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Iain

Sorry to hear that your account recovery form has been rejected.
    When that happens, these are the options available for you:
    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/a...

Please note that no one here including Microsoft support can send password reset links or modify/change account details for security reasons
Thema:

1. account recovery not working at all - Similar Threads - account recovery working

2. So what do I do when I account recovery doesn't work and you forgot your password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    So what do I do when I account recovery doesn't work and you forgot your password?: Tried multiple times to get into an account I own with account recovery and none of the times it worked I can't get an email verification either due to my old one being deleted....
  3. The account recovery doesn't work

in XBoX Accessibility
    The account recovery doesn't work: I know all my information about my account I created over 15 years ago with 1000s of pounds of games and add ons. I firmly belive that the account recovery system doesn't work, I've tried now 100s...
  4. Microsoft account is blocked, recovery doesn’t work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account is blocked, recovery doesn’t work: Hi there! My boyfriend’s Microsoft account is blocked, even after attempting account recovery multiple times he can not access to change his password. The text reads: account has been blocked...
  5. Does the account recovery form actually work or am I endlessly submitting forms for nothing?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does the account recovery form actually work or am I endlessly submitting forms for nothing?: One day my Xbox account suddenly stopped letting me sign in due to "unusual activity" and it tells me to fill out a account recovery form to recover my account. Either that or text a phone number...
  6. Microsoft Account recovery does not work.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account recovery does not work.: So my main Microsoft account has been hacked and I have gone through account recovery countless times to try to recover it but it does not matter how much information I provide the automated...
  7. Forgotten password, account recovery form not working. Have I lost my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forgotten password, account recovery form not working. Have I lost my account?: Lost access to account and recovery form doesn’t work. I have spent a good amount of money on Xbox games etc and now I can’t access them due to being locked out. Please can I speak to someone to...
  8. Lost account access and the recovery form has not worked for me after filling it in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost account access and the recovery form has not worked for me after filling it in...: Someone changed the email address on my Microsoft account. I used the form twice to recover but it would not let me change my email address back until 30 days passed since it had just been...
  9. Xbox account recovery not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account recovery not working: I bought an account with a game, played it for 2 years and somehow the xbox logged me out of the account when i moved it to a different location, it is set as home xbox but i cant acces the...
  10. Locked out of account - recovery NOT working!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of account - recovery NOT working!: Hello all, My Microsoft Account has been hacked (not sure how, since I had 2FA enabled), and I have been unable to recover it. I do not have a recovery key for it. When I go through the...