Account Recovery Frustration

Discus and support Account Recovery Frustration in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; A couple nights ago (Jan 2) when I went to sign in to my account on my xbox, it asked me to do a security verification. I don't have my old phone... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ari Bernthal, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Ari Bernthal
    Ari Bernthal Guest

A couple nights ago (Jan 2) when I went to sign in to my account on my xbox, it asked me to do a security verification. I don't have my old phone number so I had to do an account recovery form at this link: https://account.live.com/acsr (the account I am posting this from is brand new, not my actual account I am having problems with)

To add, I know my log in information (username and password) just don't have my old phone number. I'm not even sure why they are prompting me to do this security verification out of nowhere, I've never had to do one (haven't had that phone number in over 4 years).

After filling it out twice, and getting the email that I have been rejected twice, I had to wait until the next day (business hours) to call support. They make it a huge pain in the **** to get a phone call from them, but I manage to get a phone call.

I talk with a girl on the support line, her name is Johanna, and explain my situation. She tells me to wait 24 hours and to fill out the form again (just as the rejection email states). She ALSO says that it was AI that responded to my account recovery form, and that a real human will eventually look at it and respond separately. She says that if I don't get that email, or gain access through trying the form again to email HER, and SHE will help me handle the problem further. She then emails me from "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***" and says that this is her email. We do a test email back and forth to make sure the email is working correctly. She gets my message.

I wait 24 hours.
    No email from a "real person", and I submit the form again two times, Hoping that some adjustments to my answers might help (after thinking over my responses we figured out that it was my husbands credit card we use for microsoft purchases instead of mine. So i switch those numbers around). Again, rejected.

I email Johanna back right away, and explain that I did not recieve an email from a real person and my account recovery form still isn't working. No response from Johanna.

I request a NEW call from xbox TODAY (Jan 4), hoping to solve some issues. I read on another post that someone was able to verify their identity by giving them the serial numbers to their xbox, i figured that would be smart to bring up. I have two xboxs (Xbox one and Xbox SeriesX)

This time I am connected to Marc. After explaining EVERYTHING to him, he puts me on hold then comes back to explain that Johanna went on leave today, that's why she didn't respond to the email (convenient, but whatever I guess). Then he explains that I need to wait 72 hours after my LAST form submission, for a real person to respond. (yes the instructions have completely changed from Johanna's). He also reads to me the emails that I sent Joahanna last night to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** to confirm that they were received, and that he was going to take over the case now and he was going to be the one responding.

My current instructions are this:
    -Wait 72 Business Hours from the last time I submitted an account recovery form
    -Do NOT submit a new form
    -Wait for a response from a real person at microsoft, which I should get within those 72 hours.
    -If I don't receive any email, then email MARC at *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** in the current email chain.

If you can't tell, I am very frustrated. I just recently bought my xbox series x, it was a big purchase for me. With that purchase I got game pass for the entire year, but it is obviously all on my account. I am able to access some games that are logged into from the outside game developers (i.e. epic games). But there are some games that i have many many hours put into on my xbox account. I have been playing Baldur's Gate 3 nonstop the past couple weeks, I have 40+ hours put into it and I just entered Act 2. I do NOT want to lose all that progress! I do not want to lose my year subscription to game pass! I do not want to lose all of my save files! I can prove my identity through the serial numbers on my xbox!

Has anyone successfully won this battle of account recovery? Is there any hope? Is there anything I should be doing on the customer service line to better my chances of this being solved? I already mentioned to Marc that someone on reddit used their xbox serial numbers to verify their identity but he basically ignored me. Please someone tell me something I need to hear! I essentially won't have any updates or answers until Monday night and I am fuming! This shouldn't be happening! I can prove my identity in many ways, I shouldn't be tethered to my old phone number (which I actually called and texted to try to solve all this but with no response lol)

:)

Ari Bernthal, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Ari B, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry that you are going through this problem, apparently you already contacted Microsoft Support and were assisted by agent Johana. But you must keep 2 things in mind that this is only a public forum where we are users like you who help other players with basic problems. This means that we are not Microsoft employees, so we do not have access to user information.

https://account.live.com/acsr

The other thing is that the only way to regain access to an account again is through the account recovery form, a couple of months ago I went through the same problem as you and managed to solve it but before that I had to fill out the form many times form until they verified that he was the primary owner of the account.

I hope you understand, if you have any other questions let me know.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. CarTzy Win User

How can I reset my online profile after someone hacked it playing MWF3?

4. WattyNuela Win User

How do I recover my Hotmail and Microsoft accounts when the email address alias got deleted from the account?

Hi, Owen.

I know the response you received from them, it’s frustrating, but at the moment, Microsoft support isn’t capable of changing account information, providing information or sending password reset links to you.

However, the last resource in terms of account recovery, is submitting the Microsoft account recovery form:

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...
  5. CarTzy Win User

How to recover access to Microsoft Account to get back Minecraft account back

Hello aBOgdzie,

We understand that you lost access to your Microsoft Account and unable to recover it. Though this may be frustrating, this is the only process for account recovery.

This is a Microsoft Account recovery issue that we are unable to resolve on our end. We don't have a recovery tool as it deals with personal information and is considered part of privacy. The only way to recover the Minecraft account is to recover the Microsoft Account. Since you have been through the recovery process with success, you may try to submit another ticket and provide as much info as possible to help you possibly recover the account.

You may visit this link for account recovery Help with the Microsoft account recovery form.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

My Microsoft account was hacked into / Minecraft included

Microsoft only review the information you submit through the recovery form and see if they are able to reset your account or not.

I understand your frustration, but this is how the Microsoft account recover process works. I'm sorry.
Thema:

1. Account Recovery Frustration - Similar Threads - Account Recovery Frustration

2. Microsoft account recovery is awfull.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account recovery is awfull.: I've currently had my account hacked and the account recovery seems pointless I give all the information that is true to MY account but still don't regain It like how much more obvious do I have...
  3. Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery: My son is wanting to transfer all his games from Xbox 1 to his new Xbox but it's requesting the email linked to the account. He no longer has access to this email as it's not available anymore. We...
  4. Minecraft Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account Recovery: I recently tried to login to my minecraft account and had no luck getting in. What i forgot was i deleted a microsoft account a while back and im assuming that this account turned out to be the...
  5. Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?: Can ANYONE PLEASE help me recover my other account? I had to make a new account just to try to get in contact with support. When I try to sign in, it wants me to verify with a phone number I do...
  6. account recovery not working at all

in XBoX Accessibility
    account recovery not working at all: I have tried for the last 8 months 2 times a day filling out all of my details to the automated account recovery and it still isn't working. I'm not sure what to do at this point, do I really give...
  7. Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?: I was recently hacked by participating in a fake verification form where I entered my code. My main Microsoft account was stolen and all of the sign-in information was changed including my email...
  8. Account taken over - help with recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over - help with recovery: Hi My son was playing Minecraft and got tricked into entering the email code into a Discord chat. The email address then received this message: [img] Microsoft account team <*** Die...
  9. Account recovery denied

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account recovery denied: So obviously as the question states my account recovery was denied, now im trying to recover my younger brothers account that he doesnt remember the password to, my issue is the email that was set...
  10. Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.: Recently my son was phish through discord and had his Microsoft Account immediately hijacked. Although he had two step verification on, he did not have additional MFA protection, however I don't...