Account recovery denied

Discus and support Account recovery denied in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So obviously as the question states my account recovery was denied, now im trying to recover my younger brothers account that he doesnt remember the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rei Cole, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Rei Cole
    Rei Cole Guest

Account recovery denied

So obviously as the question states my account recovery was denied, now im trying to recover my younger brothers account that he doesnt remember the password to, my issue is the email that was set up has 2 factor authentication on, but the number is an old number that i cant even remember it. ive answered every security question correctly as i was the one to set the account up for him in the first place, but he changed the password for himself. Hes bought 10 YEARS worth of games and ingame cosmetics on it, which is also why im confused if i have proof of the credit card used why is my recovery being denied?

:)

Rei Cole, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Account recovery denied

Maybe the hacker is someone with access to your phone or you had other two factor authentication method that also got hacked. Or two factor authentication was not properly setup to your account.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Account recovery denied

Hello, FransArno. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If your account security information was changed and the recovery form is not working, unfortunately there will be no other way to recover your account.

No Microsoft employee can help users recovering their accounts. They only instruct you on how to fill the recovery form. So that's the only available option for a hacked account. If you talk to a Microsoft support advocate, he/she will tell you the same thing. They are not allowed and have no access to change anything on a user account. I hope you understand.

If you have any question, please let me know. And again, I'm really sorry about this.
  4. FransArno Win User

Account recovery denied

yes, I do have a question

How did the person manage to get in if I had a two-factor Authentication?

The hacker did not have access to my phone number so it's odd that he got even in.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Account recovery denied

the crux of the issue here is because you have 2FA on then the recovery form will not work as it clearly states will not work if 2FA on, support won't help due to 2FA, so basically because you followed Microsofts advice and enabled the security options they then wash their hands of it and refuse to fix it, this means whoever stole your account now has all your games and gets away with it. now depending which country you live in there are further steps to take, here in the UK we can report Microsoft for bad business practice and force them to recover the account or reimburse you the lost digital content regardless of what agreements were accepted. trading standards should be able to advise.

If you are in another country then seek support from your local law.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Account recovery denied

Hi Rei C, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help. I'm sorry to hear that you no longer have access to your account. I know how frustrating it can be when this happens. Let's say that the only alternative you have at this moment is to send the account recovery form (If your information was deleted, unfortunately there is nothing to do), I have also been through this situation, so I can give you some recommendations. The first thing is to enter information that the account has, in case a phone number or card has been deleted, you should simply omit that information and not add it to the form. That said, you can enter the following link: https://account.live.com/acsr Please note that Support cannot help recover accounts, but in that case, if you want to contact them and talk in a live chat for more detailed information, you can access the following link. Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/ Remember that this is a Microsoft public forum, where we are gamers like you trying to guide/help other gamers solve basic problems they have, this means we are not Microsoft employees. Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/50d0d753-c765-4478-933f-8e005c780dd0 I hope this information has been useful to you. Best regards, Courtney.
    OP said they have 2 step verification enabled so that form is useless for them

[​IMG]
Thema:

Account recovery denied

1. Account recovery denied - Similar Threads - Account recovery denied

2. Microsoft account recovery is awfull.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account recovery is awfull.: I've currently had my account hacked and the account recovery seems pointless I give all the information that is true to MY account but still don't regain It like how much more obvious do I have...
  3. Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery: My son is wanting to transfer all his games from Xbox 1 to his new Xbox but it's requesting the email linked to the account. He no longer has access to this email as it's not available anymore. We...
  4. Minecraft Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account Recovery: I recently tried to login to my minecraft account and had no luck getting in. What i forgot was i deleted a microsoft account a while back and im assuming that this account turned out to be the...
  5. Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?: Can ANYONE PLEASE help me recover my other account? I had to make a new account just to try to get in contact with support. When I try to sign in, it wants me to verify with a phone number I do...
  6. account recovery not working at all

in XBoX Accessibility
    account recovery not working at all: I have tried for the last 8 months 2 times a day filling out all of my details to the automated account recovery and it still isn't working. I'm not sure what to do at this point, do I really give...
  7. Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?: I was recently hacked by participating in a fake verification form where I entered my code. My main Microsoft account was stolen and all of the sign-in information was changed including my email...
  8. Account taken over - help with recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over - help with recovery: Hi My son was playing Minecraft and got tricked into entering the email code into a Discord chat. The email address then received this message: [img] Microsoft account team <*** Die...
  9. Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.: Recently my son was phish through discord and had his Microsoft Account immediately hijacked. Although he had two step verification on, he did not have additional MFA protection, however I don't...
  10. Locked out of xbox account and my recovery forms keep being denied

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of xbox account and my recovery forms keep being denied: I recently tried logging into my Xbox account and found that it had been locked and required me to verify it was me using a phone number which no longer exists. As that was impossible, I tried...