Account phished, cannot recover as acsr states it no longer exists

Discus and support Account phished, cannot recover as acsr states it no longer exists in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, Reaching out on behalf of a younger family member who's account has been compromised by a phishing attack to their email address (via... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Beth KF, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Beth KF
    Beth KF Guest

Hi all,

Reaching out on behalf of a younger family member who's account has been compromised by a phishing attack to their email address (via minecraft).

We have successfully saved their email address (not microsoft) however their microsoft account has not been as lucky. It appears the attacker has accessed their microsoft account and removed their recovery information/migrated to a new email address (outlook). Thankfully because of the person's age, there are no financials lost other than products attached to the account.

When filling out the acsr we cannot progress as the following error appears: "Try entering your Microsoft account again. We don't recognize this one."

Wondering what other options we can try? We have the xbox username of the account which allowed us to determine that the account information had been changed but at this point I am stuck.

If we cannot recover the account, is there a way to recover the account's purchases (Minecraft haha) or do we just have to accept the account as stolen and move forward.

:)

Beth KF, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Beth KF Win User

That's great thank you :)

Do I need to do anything or just await contact?

Thanks again
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey, Beth!

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the Microsoft Community.

My name is Darhyl. I'm an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to help you sort this out.

I'm sorry you are experiencing any trouble right now. No worries, I'm here to help you.

You've got nothing to worry, there is still a way for you to recover the account and that is by contacting Microsoft Xbox Support as they have the tools to this case to the Account Escalation Team and recover the hacked account.

We do not have the tools here on our end to escalate the case since we are Independent Advisors.

But no worries! I can reroute you now to Microsoft Xbox Support to make sure they can proceed with your account recovery process as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Beth KF,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are trying to recover the account of a family member as it had been compromised. We know how important it is for you to access the account especially as it is linked to Minecraft. Just to set your expectations, the Microsoft account is managed by a fully automated server and we don't have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the careful account recovery process is designed to protect you from possible malicious activity. Please allow me to do the best I can to help you recover your account.

ACSR, indeed may not be the best option for the case of your family member, however, this form is helpful for everyone that has issues like forgotten password.

I know how critical it is for you to be able to access this account. We will share to you a support article that should be able to give you handful of advice as we, advocates, does not have any tools to recover any Microsoft (Xbox) account. The system will verify the information that only the user or account owner can supply.

To begin the account recovery, we can suggest is that you follow the page's steps by clicking the link below. The compromised Microsoft account can only be recovered in this manner. There is an added way of assistance on this page where you can contact live support though this tool.

Link: How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Account recovery is in your hands, we hope you will be able to access it back.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

retrieve mail

To try and recover an account please use this link.

https://account.live.com/acsr

If you have deleted an account these cannot be recovered.

If you found this post helpful please remember to upvote.
Thema:

1. Account phished, cannot recover as acsr states it no longer exists - Similar Threads - Account phished cannot

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  5. How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account: How do I make a child account on an Xbox to an adult account 173b5633-ff5c-46dd-817a-40edfdbafb61
  6. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  7. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  8. My account was closed without my permission

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was closed without my permission: If I try login into my account it says: "This microsoft account doesn't exist." However, when I try to make a new account wit the same email it says: ".... is already in a microsoft account. Use...
  9. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  10. I some how committed "Online fraud, such as phishing, account theft, or other attempts to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I some how committed "Online fraud, such as phishing, account theft, or other attempts to...: So I tryed everything review thing and other more .. Put this is new for me not committing account /Online fraud, such as phishing, account theft, or other attempts to defraud Microsoft or other...