Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2: Right handed fight stick...

Discus and support Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2: Right handed fight stick... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Now the second issue. I know i theory you CAn make any fleft handed fight stick as right handed one, eiother wiuht thew Xbox Btton reprogammability... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TripleTopper321, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2: Right handed fight stick...

Now the second issue. I know i theory you CAn make any fleft handed fight stick as right handed one, eiother wiuht thew Xbox Btton reprogammability built in the Xbox OS, or even on Street Fiohter 30th, as options wihtin the game, includign joystick options
    which were'nt done before, by:

a) swapping E and W

b) swapping N and S

c) assuming Street fighter controls, where the quick attacks are by your index finger and progressively harder to your consumables on your pinky , and the punches are above the kick, swap each punch with its corresponding-in-strength kick and vice versa.

d) rotate the controller 180 degrees.

And Vioa instant left hand control....

... Only if your joystick has a rectangular formation of buttons like the Street Fighter 15th Anniversary joystick for the Xbox Prime and PS2.

Otherwise the buttons are contoured for a right-=handed button press, and therefore a left handed stick use.

Here are 4 pictures on a perfectly balanced joystick that can be modified, either hard wired, or OS/game options modded and be a good joystick with either hand.

Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2:   Right handed fight stick... [​IMG]

Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2:   Right handed fight stick... [​IMG]

There's nothing electronically that has to be changed about it, but it could have 2 ports for a quick "physical change" between right and -left handed for retro consoles that don't have OS-based joystick and button swapping.

FOr mnore informaiton about my project, visit
    http://www.56ok.org/Ambidexterous

:)

TripleTopper321, Aug 18, 2019
  2. TripleTopper321 Win User

Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2: Right handed fight stick ergonomics.

Because Xbox one has the OS-based button mapping arrangement, the only thing that prevents fight sticks from becoming ambidextrous is intentionally physically and ergonomically designing them that way. (and issue one, which should call for an "all digital/fight
    stick mode", where triggers and buttons can be mixed, because they are all the same on a fight stick.

On other systems, like the Xbox 360, Xbox Prime (what do you call it then if the third system is named "One"?), competitors, and systems neutral in todays console wars, since most joysticks start in discrete one-pin=one-input formation, and for enogh games
    mechanically haven't changed since Atari 2600 days, except number of buttons added, there could be 2 pin outputs where one has the left handed formation and the other the right handed one Put it in the back end for the arrangement you want to use. Finally
    a reason to make retro joysticks: the last 3 ambidextrous joystick that were official from the system maker's perspective were all Beshus: Te NES superrstick, the TG16 Superstick, and th Genesis Gizmo 3-button stick.
  3. Dageto Kraft Win User

Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2: Right handed fight stick ergonomics.

mmmmm this is something interesting
  4. TripleTopper321 Win User

Accessibility issue 1 that more than 10% of the public will care about: Genesis style COntorls on Genesi Classics

The thing is if the buttons are un-remappable at both a game level as well as a system OS level, then the Genesis collection "fell through the cracks".

If Microsoft makes an "all digital / Fight Stick mode", then the triggers can be swapped with the buttons at the OS level and vice versa.

Sega doesn't accommodate my joystick, and probably enough people have a 2-style stick with LT andf RT next to each other, and not stacked on each otherl, that this is not a minor, nitpicky complaint. A lot of people complain about it on the Shoryuken.com
    forum boards.

See I use a PS2 version of a Street Fighter 15th anniversary stick, mainly for another problem I haven't posted yet -- easy Right Handed Joystick Play. (True it started left handed, but is the easiest joystick to rotate 180 degrees and have the buttons
    be reasonably comfortable when played either way.)

The fact that the "triggers" (depsite the fact they are buttons on a fight stick) are only swappable with each other means that Sega and/or Microsoft has a flaw in their button programming)

By the way, I WOULD like an Official solution to my right handed fight problem. one that works with Xbox Prime, Xbox 360, Xbox One and whatever Xbox Scarlett will eventually be called.
  5. DEANOpalooza Win User

Drake sword in danger

That's right, if you don't have a lot in the way of strength, stick to RB 2-Handed. Even once you get enough strength to use it 1-handed, I would still recommend sticking to RB and only use RT if you find yourself caught in a dangerous spot.
  6. xPaM tHe MaNx Win User

Issue with Fight Stick on Xbox One

Hello,

I am having an issue with my fight stick on the Xbox one. Switching controls for the stick (DPad, Left- or Right-Stick) is not recognized by the Xbox. The system will only recognize the stick as a DPad. I tested this with the controller tester in the Xbox
    settings.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Are there any solutions?

I am using a Hori RAP One Kai Fighting Stick on the Xbox One X. The Fight Stick has a small switcher for changing the controls of the stick (DPad, Left- or Right-Stick).

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there ;)

Did you try changing usb ports? Maybe using the ports on the back will work
Thema:

Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2: Right handed fight stick...

1. Accessibility issue that at least 10% of people find handy #2: Right handed fight stick... - Similar Threads - Accessibility issue least

2. I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.: I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue. My father originally bought Minecraft for me back in 2015 and it has been on his email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  3. Multiple authentication/access issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple authentication/access issues: Long post but wanted to be thorough and provide as much info as I can. Background: I switched my laptop from Linux back to Windows 11 just because I found it easier to use. I reinstalled all my...
  4. Report XBox accessibility issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Report XBox accessibility issues: I would like to report some very concrete accessibility issues, however the only option seems to be the chat bot - which in turn only provides links to seemingly unrelated support pages. Is there...
  5. Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.

in XBoX on Windows
    Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.: I started a 7 day free trial with Dolby access on my xbox series s and when I tried to configure it it told me that I needed to buy a license or start a free trial. So I went back to the app and...
  6. I need microsoft/xbox to fix issue with gamepass quests not being accessible on my account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need microsoft/xbox to fix issue with gamepass quests not being accessible on my account...: For months I have been unable to view or complete gamepass quests, daily weekly monthly etc. For some unknown reason they just disappeared and I've tried many fixes to find a solution but still...
  7. Is anyone else having issues accessing episode 2 of telltales expanse?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone else having issues accessing episode 2 of telltales expanse?: Have tried various ways to get it to work. But I just end up being sent to the store where it isn’t available to download. b211403f-aaf9-41b2-928f-6462cf1350a7
  8. Multiplayer chat access issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiplayer chat access issue: Split from this thread. Hello Francia J. I have the same problem but the link that you have provided keeps redirecting to...
  9. GameBar Issue: FPS Access Request is missing a folder in its file path and I can't redirect it

in XboX Insiders
    GameBar Issue: FPS Access Request is missing a folder in its file path and I can't redirect it: I'm on Windows 10. I'm trying to activate the FPS counter on my ASUS ROG laptop for a game I play but clicking "Request Access" brings up an error saying that windows cannot find the file....
  10. Issue with Dolby Access not connecting to microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue with Dolby Access not connecting to microsoft store: I purchased a headset that came with 2 years access to Dolby atmos (Using with xbox series x). I followed the instructions for setup but the dolby access app is giving me an error that says...