Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

Discus and support Access to cloud save files from Xbox? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Flyingbaconfish, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried reinstalling, resetting, deleting local saves to pull from the cloud, reloading my profile and reinstalling again. I can join games on that map (multiplayer) and create saves on other profiles for that map. I today loaded the game onto my PC and tried to load the map from the cloud save. Same issue, so highly likely an issue with the save file.

Now, I am aware that ark, when played on PC, creates a backup save, which you can revert to if there is an issue. I assume this is the same on Xbox, but I can’t access the file as it is in the cloud… I assume it would have been on my Xbox pre-reset also, but same issue.

Tech support basically told me that ‘progress is linked to my profile’ and pretty much denied ‘save files’ are a thing… they then advised me I’m part of the insiders program (I did not know this) and implied they couldn’t help me because of that.

Is anyone on here able to advise if there is a way to access the saves that are stored in the cloud? Even if just to back them up in case a fix comes along? As you can only have one save per map, I’m effectively locked out until I decide to delete the save and start again.

TLDR: my save got corrupted for ark, I know a backup should be in the cloud and I’m wondering if there is a way to access this…

submitted by /u/Flyingbaconfish
    [link] [comments]

/u/Flyingbaconfish, Apr 14, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Access to cloud save files from Xbox?