Access to account lost, unknown email taken over

Discus and support Access to account lost, unknown email taken over in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Near the start of the year my Microsoft account connected to my xbox and pc (before I reset it and used a new account) was taken over by an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dominic Stidolph1, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Access to account lost, unknown email taken over

Hi,

Near the start of the year my Microsoft account connected to my xbox and pc (before I reset it and used a new account) was taken over by an unknown @rambler.ru email. I now cannot reset the account at all to gain access at all. The account email still shows as my @blueyonder.co.uk email but when I try to reset the password, I get the email but it still doesn't let me sign in. The "Send a code" button also shows the @rambler.ru email but doesn't show the full email. I have tried doing the Microsoft account recovery form and it didn't give me access back. I'm assuming I need the @rambler.ru email to get access to the account back but I don't know what it is.

Here is what I am seeing on my windows tablet that is still logged in but has the "Your account has a problem" pop-up.

I have been trying for months to fix this problem and nothing works. I need my account back as I cannot use my xbox account that has 20k+ gamerpoints and £500+ in games as well as my progress.

Also, I am still getting emails about xbox deals from my @blueyonder.co.uk email but I cannot get access to the account back.

Doing some research I believe this to be the cause of a malicious program called BloodyStealer that stole my account and I have literally 0 way to get the account back. PLEASE HELP!!

:)

Dominic Stidolph1, Nov 8, 2023
  2. Dominic Stidolph1 Win User

Thanks, I'll give it a try and post an update soon!
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I appreciate the response and you're welcome!

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept it as an answer, thank you so much. Stay cool and have a great day!

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Dominic! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft Xbox account. I understand how frustrating this is and I would totally feel the same way if I were in your shoes. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on your description, your Microsoft account got hacked and the unknown email domain you mentioned is the email address of the hacker that stole your account.

Kindly try to follow the instructions in the interactive tool using the link below in order to recover your account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

If the steps above didn't work, proceed to reach out to Xbox Support for further escalations as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case. Here's how to contact them:

Chat Support:

> Visit the Xbox Support website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
    > Click on the "Contact Us" button in the right of the screen.
    > Select the issue you need help with and click on the "Next" option.
    > Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    > Follow the prompts to connect to a live chat agent.

For Callback Support:

> Select Xbox One
    > Select See more options then subscription changes
    > Select Show Contact options
    > Select Request a call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives a request for a call from support as a contact option.

If you're unable to contact them, try again at a later time. You may also check these links for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/988332e4-631f-457c-8bc8-210e7a19be37

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ive-chat/b75d470e-8c19-4399-bcc9-e6e0bc2ec2fd

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. GrubbiestEmu Win User

Email address attached to LIVE account banned

If your Xbox live account was taken, you can try calling customer support and opening an Unauthorized Access investigation. If your email was taken over and someone were to, for instance, send spam emails from your email account, and hotmail itself has banned
    your account you're going to have to contact Hotmail Support and see if they can help you
    regain access your account.
  6. Photonimus Win User

Can't access Parental account due to hacking

If your email has been hacked and taken over without permission, you need to contact the email provider about it.

An xbox account can't actually be hacked without you giving out personal information, but if it is the parental XBOX account that was hacked, you need to call support and open an unauthorized access claim.
Thema:

1. Access to account lost, unknown email taken over - Similar Threads - Access account lost

2. My account had been hacked and I lost access to it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account had been hacked and I lost access to it: so I created new one using same adress, but can I in some way regain access to the old one even if it's overwritten with new one? Back in the day when i tried to log in it was said that there is...
  3. I lost my access to my Minecraft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my access to my Minecraft Account: I migrated my account around a year ago to my Microsoft account, and I could use Minecraft my Java Edition just fine with my account. I then replaced my PC and had to redownload all my apps after...
  4. Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft account email changed randomly and I lost access to the account.: Around 8-9 years ago I lost access to my original Xbox account out of no where. When I try to log into it I can see that the email was changed to an email I never created. It is the email I had on...
  5. I have lost access to my old xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my old xbox account: Hello, i’ve been trying to log into my old xbox account but i’ve forgotten the email and password used to login. There’s also no phone number linked, the account name is ‘jays solos’. I was...
  6. Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need Assistance: Hacked Microsoft Account, Lost Gamertag and Minecraft Access: My Microsoft account got hacked and deleted, so I made a new one with the same Gmail. Now, I can't access my gamertag and Minecraft Java account. I can still find my old gamertag, but I'm lost on...
  7. I have lost access to my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have lost access to my account: Hello, I had an Xbox for about a year until about a year ago, when it broke. I recently tried logging into my Xbox account on my PC as I was thinking about getting a new one. When it came to the...
  8. my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got hacked, lost access to all features: my microsoft account got hacked. If I choose to reset the passwort, the default mail address shown in the pop-up window is not mine (false account: ag*****@mailbox.in.ua). The account restoring...
  9. i have lost accesses to my microsoft account and cant login

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have lost accesses to my microsoft account and cant login: I have recently been trying to play sea of thieves and it comes up with error lavender beard I tried to log out to fix it and I cant log back in as microsoft no longer recognizes my email and it...
  10. can i unlink my ea and xbox accounts through xbox as i have lost access to the ea account

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i unlink my ea and xbox accounts through xbox as i have lost access to the ea account: i no longer have access to the email that my ea account is under and i cannot prove i own the account as some of the questions they are asking me are unreasonable to remember like what and when my...