AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows.

Discus and support AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Any time I play a game on my laptop (MSI Katana 15 B12V) the AC adapter stops charging the battery. It comes back on if I unplug/plug the laptop to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by aftico74, Dec 12, 2023.

1. aftico74
    aftico74 Guest

Any time I play a game on my laptop (MSI Katana 15 B12V) the AC adapter stops charging the battery. It comes back on if I unplug/plug the laptop to the power source, but will happen again a few minutes later. I disabled all third party game accelerators (MSI, NVIDIA, RAZER) as well as Windows HDR.

The problem ONLY occurs when playing any game I have (Diablo, Starfield, Age of Empires).

I am guessing there's another setting I missed that's getting in the way.

Thanks in advance.

:)

aftico74, Dec 12, 2023
  2. aftico74 Win User

Thank you everyone!

I spoke to MSI tech support and found out that I should've received a 200W AC Adapter and not the 150W that came in the box.

Replacement is on the way!
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, aftico74. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, it could be an issue with the AC adapter.

However, I would like to ask if you tried: (for the ones you didn't try, make sure to check your PC after performing the action)

A. Connecting your AC adapter to another room

B. Connecting your laptop to a different AC adapter if possible.

C. Performing a clean boot in your PC.
    You can follow the steps for the clean boot process, by clicking here:

https://support.microsoft.com/topic...-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd

I'll remain attentive to your answers.

Regards,

Arturo.
  4. Ava Thompson1 Win User

Go into your Windows power settings and ensure that the laptop is set to its highest performance mode when plugged in. Sometimes, power-saving settings can restrict the amount of power the system uses, which might be causing issues during high-performance tasks like gaming.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Except i did t say that

I said to contact them and ask them if it deprioritizes the charger during. high load

There is no need to look at it

Just call their support
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

if you have problems with your hardware, you need to call the person who made it in this case MSI, we have no ability or resources to support their hardware

Most likely since the power adapter can only provide a limited amount of power, when you're playing games it deep prioritizes it because it's sending that power to the GPU or CPU
Thema:

1. AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows. - Similar Threads - Adapter stops charging

2. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  3. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  4. Can I get console banned for using a 3rd part adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I get console banned for using a 3rd part adapter?: I was wondering if i would get console banned for using an adapter that allows me to use a ps5 cobtroller on xbox the gulikit goku adapter by aknes to be exact. 82970b09-95f0-4f07-b4b4-d49e7a87dbab
  5. xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one: I'm asking this because my Xbox controller randomly disconnects after 1-5 minutes of gaming (I tried using several controllers ( bought a new one and borrowed form my brother and this still...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working: Hello, I have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 which has been working for a few years then suddenly stopped working a few months ago. I have tried several things to fix it but nothing...
  7. Can the xbox wireless adapter support multiple devices simultaneously

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox wireless adapter support multiple devices simultaneously: I have an older series 1 elite controller and liked the look of the halo infinite razer headset so i was wondering if the xbox adapter can support multiple devices at the same time, or would i...
  8. can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...: can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet connection? please reply if you can help bfe3048e-eadd-4de5-929b-add22bf8ebaa
  9. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  10. Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC: The last couple days I've been mauled by one of the most common issues discussed here. I did my daily routine, start my PC, got my Stream running, the game Loaded, and I turned my Controller on...