Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

Discus and support Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anthony Doshoris, Jun 9, 2024.

1. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator updates take weeks if not months to download with my GPU running at full speed during the process which is totally uacceptable. I'm close to burn my system because of that crappy optimisation! And now I can't play any game on your platform because there is an Xbox App update that I can't even download!! My system is uptodate, I have a 2 Gbps connection which works as expected with other download attempt not involving any Microsoft App. I have tried a number of fixes and none of them have worked...Find me a solution or refund me!

:)

Anthony Doshoris, Jun 9, 2024
  2. Geri M. Win User

microsoft store downloads at abysmal speeds and cant install xbox app, is there a fix?

Hi Loki Steele,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

microsoft store downloads at abysmal speeds and cant install xbox app, is there a fix?

Hello Loki Steele,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you encountered issues on Microsoft Store speed.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. When did the problem start?
    2. Was this working before?
    3. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    4. Do you mind sending a screenshot of the exact error message?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

For the meantime, let's check on this and see if this can help.

There are several things you can try to fix this issue. You can try running the Windows Store Troubleshooter, resetting the Microsoft Store, removing the download speed cap, restarting the router, and disabling the antivirus1. Additionally, clearing the cache of the Microsoft Store can potentially lead to faster download speeds.

As for your secondary question, it is unclear why Microsoft has not fixed these issues. However, there are several ways to increase Microsoft Store download speeds that you can try.

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. Shrimpley_Pibbles Win User

Why does the microsoft store force you to use the xbox app with certain games.

Thank you for your reply!

But if these are all part of the pc game library the platform is just pc right?

I would be fine just using the xbox app but the download speed is just a joke. my internet speed is much faster than 7mbps. I've tried delivery optimisation and repairing the app... nothing works to improve the DL speed on the xbox app.

Again if I can just resume the download using the microsoft store this would also be a great option but it doesn't for some games.

Sea of Thieves on the microsoft store only has install on the xbox app option but it appears in the downloads on the microsoft store and from there I can pause the download in the app and then resume it in the store. But with Total War: Warhammer III, it doesn't even show up in downloads, it's on the store and gives the same message to install on the app but then I can't see it on my library in the store (even though it's listed on the store xD)
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Buying a pc game on microsoft store

but before you do check if available on steam or gog or epic, they have the least amount of issues and the microsoft store can be abysmal to say the least, and the xbox app on pc is trash.
  6. JeremPTG Win User

0x80073cf9 error can't install Sea of Thieves

same issue.
    They way Microsoft Store/Xbox works is abysmal.
Thema:

Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

1. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App - Similar Threads - Abysmal download speed

2. Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S is faster to download than my Series X (Help): I just bought a second hand Series X yesterday, I was blown away when I seen it was only hitting 30-45Mb/s , while my Series S has no issue consistently holding 150-195Mb/s.. I’ve tried many...
  3. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  4. I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a series x console and when trying to download certain games it gives me an error...: Trying to download the finals and my console say this game is not compatible 3296876e-7797-40e6-9cff-de265ad1386e
  5. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  6. I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps: Every time i try to install youtube or other apps on my xbox it gives me the 0x80248014 error code. Does anyone know why its giving me this problem? and how do i fix it?...
  7. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  8. Xbox Series X is a cheaply made, abysmal console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X is a cheaply made, abysmal console: Had an Xbox series X for a while now and it's just absolutely bad. Terrible first party games, nonexistent customer support, cheaply made terrible controllers (I have reverted to using my Xbox...
  9. Why is Microsoft Support so abysmally awful?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsoft Support so abysmally awful?: Several weeks ago i redeemed all my Microsoft rewards points for 1 month of Game Pass. I never received the reward! I contacted Microsoft support who directed me to the rewards team. I told them...
  10. microsoft store downloads at abysmal speeds and cant install xbox app, is there a fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store downloads at abysmal speeds and cant install xbox app, is there a fix?: so I've seen MANY options across forums on how to fix this, from resetting the app from the settings, to the PowerShell reset and the download throttling. I have tried everything i can find to...