About that Games with Gold thing when your Live subscription runs out

Discus and support About that Games with Gold thing when your Live subscription runs out in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox Live Gold subscription is going to run out soon, and I am likely not going to renew it... mainly because I don't have an Xbox One and haven't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CyberAkumaZero, Jan 2, 2016.

1. About that Games with Gold thing when your Live subscription runs out

My Xbox Live Gold subscription is going to run out soon, and I am likely not going to renew it... mainly because I don't have an Xbox One and haven't turned my 360 on in months. I have still been redeeming all the free games, but the only games I care about
    are on the One, as all the games they have on the 360 either I don't care about or have on PC... and I would much rather play the PC versions.

So my question is, when I do eventually get an Xbox One one day, if I renew my subscription, will I still have those games then? From my understanding, any 360 games you renew on the Games with Gold program can play them even without having a Xbox Live Gold
    subscription, but for the Xbox One they will only work if you have a Gold subscription... but they won't be removed from your account if your subscription lapses... you just won't be able to access them until you renew it again.

Did I get that right? I don't have to worry about losing the Xbox One games given to me through Games with Gold even if my subscription lapses for several months or even a year or two as long as I restart it again someday?

:)

CyberAkumaZero, Jan 2, 2016
  2. medium bloke
    medium bloke Guest
    Xbox live

Hi, if you don't have Xbox LIVE any more, it may have expired. Depending on if you have auto-renewal off - your Gold subscription won't renew when you run out of Gold membership.

To learn more about Gold subscriptions, you could visit this link:

http://www.xbox.com/Live/Join

medium bloke, Jan 2, 2016
  3. H0LLYW000D
    H0LLYW000D Guest
    Games with gold. Live Trial

They also work with the free subscriptions so people can try out the features & any games there offering before they spend $50 for a year of xbox live gold, But once your sub runs out you will no longer be able to play said game's you download on your xbox one
    About that Games with Gold thing when your Live subscription runs out [​IMG]
    If you have an xbox 360 and downloaded any of the free xbox 360 game's with gold and your sub runs out you can still play your xbox 360 game's you downloaded even if you don't ever renew for xbox live gold again
    xbox one will just lock you out till you renew your subscription and then once your subscription is renewed you can play all your free game's you downloaded & bought for free thru xbox live gold

H0LLYW000D, Jan 2, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

You've got that absolutely right. Although the games have been added to your account while you have an active Gold membership they will not work on the One when you revert to Silver.

When you do have an opportunity to purchase an Xbox One and get a Gold membership those games will still be there waiting for you.

onyxishere, Jan 2, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: