Abnormal persistent dashboard glitch?

Discus and support Abnormal persistent dashboard glitch? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I've recently purchased an xbox one from my younger brother, who has only had the console for about a year now and there appears to be this very... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JJAvez101, Oct 2, 2016.

1. JJAvez101
    JJAvez101 Guest

Hi

I've recently purchased an xbox one from my younger brother, who has only had the console for about a year now and there appears to be this very strange glitch that happens at the dashboard. He has no idea when it started or what has caused it since he has
    barely played it himself. Its relatively hard to put the glitch into words so I have recorded some footage of it, which will of course be able to explain the situation a lot easier and hopefully help me find a solution.

Things I've tried.

A hard reset

A complete wipe of the Xbox One

Changing the refresh rates to 50hz from 60hz

Manually forcing HDMI instead of using auto

Changing TV resolution down from 1080p to 720p (this makes it worse)

Using a different TV

Using a different HDMI cable

Resetting the TV settings via troubleshooting

Thats pretty much all I can think of, if anyone else has any suggestions that would be great because that glitch is really annoying me. P.S this only occurs on the dashboard and does not affect games in any way.

Footage of the glitch -

:)

JJAvez101, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Krame xL
    Krame xL Guest
    Ban abnormal

I found out yesterday that my account was certainly a ban because I can't

more access has some features of the game.

This is the first time this has happened, i ' would like more information to fix this problem

Krame xL, Oct 2, 2016
  3. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Ban abnormal

You will need to log in to the enforcement team website for information. You can also submit a case review if the ban is eligible. http://enforcement.xbox.com/home

Hope this helps.

{Parity}, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Abnormal persistent dashboard glitch?

This looks like a textbook case of a faulty GPU, which is a hardware issue.

What you see on the screen (random white pixels, flashing rotating triangles) are graphical "artifacts", which is corrupted data as a result of a faulty graphics processor.

You may not see it in games right now, but it's only going to be a matter of time before the situation gets worse.

Internet Expert, Oct 2, 2016
  5. JJAvez101
    JJAvez101 Guest
    Faulty GPU? Thats odd seeing as its still under a year old although I know sometimes consoles ship with faults in them.

If it truly is a GPU issue then that puts me in a bit of hot water as I have already set everything, downloaded all my games and even set up the gamesharing feature with my friend. I'd REALLY rather not have to do all of that again (not even sure I could
    do another game share this year)

Not entirely sure what to do at this point lol.

JJAvez101, Oct 2, 2016
  6. JJAvez101
    JJAvez101 Guest
    So say it is a GPU issue, is there anyway it could be repaired?

JJAvez101, Oct 3, 2016
  7. If it has been under a year since the console was purchased from a store, your Xbox One may still have warranty on it so you can set up a repair (which will likely involve replacing the whole motherboard, as the GPU is soldered on).

I'd suggest checking out this page:
    account.microsoft.com/devices

You can register your console's serial number and schedule a repair. If it's still indeed under warranty, the repair should be all on Microsoft's dime, and you won't have to pay anything.

I apologize, I should have mentioned this in the first post!

Internet Expert, Oct 31, 2018
  8. JJAvez101 Win User

So say it is a GPU issue, is there anyway it could be repaired?
  9. Internet Expert Win User

If it has been under a year since the console was purchased from a store, your Xbox One may still have warranty on it so you can set up a repair (which will likely involve replacing the whole motherboard, as the GPU is soldered on).

I'd suggest checking out this page:
    account.microsoft.com/devices

You can register your console's serial number and schedule a repair. If it's still indeed under warranty, the repair should be all on Microsoft's dime, and you won't have to pay anything.

I apologize, I should have mentioned this in the first post!
  10. JJAvez101 Win User

Faulty GPU? Thats odd seeing as its still under a year old although I know sometimes consoles ship with faults in them.

If it truly is a GPU issue then that puts me in a bit of hot water as I have already set everything, downloaded all my games and even set up the gamesharing feature with my friend. I'd REALLY rather not have to do all of that again (not even sure I could
    do another game share this year)

Not entirely sure what to do at this point lol.
  11. Internet Expert Win User

This looks like a textbook case of a faulty GPU, which is a hardware issue.

What you see on the screen (random white pixels, flashing rotating triangles) are graphical "artifacts", which is corrupted data as a result of a faulty graphics processor.

You may not see it in games right now, but it's only going to be a matter of time before the situation gets worse.
  12. {Parity} Win User

Ban abnormal

You will need to log in to the enforcement team website for information. You can also submit a case review if the ban is eligible. http://enforcement.xbox.com/home

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Abnormal persistent dashboard glitch? - Similar Threads - Abnormal persistent dashboard

2. xbox makes abnormal sound when starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox makes abnormal sound when starting up: The xsx host always makes an abnormal sound when it starts 29b9c94e-bfe6-456a-856a-22226a9bb10b
  3. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...
  4. Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Persistent Issue of Random Peripheral Disconnections on Xbox Series X: hope this finds you well. My name is Nathan and I am writing to you as a devoted gamer and long-time supporter of the Xbox brand. I have been a proud owner of the Xbox Series X since its release,...
  5. How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I reset my persistent storage on Xbox series s?: On mk11, I bought some of the DLCS a long time ago but when I switched to xbox series s, some of them said I didn’t have them but when I tried to buy it it would say “content already owned”. I...
  6. why dpoes this problem persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    why dpoes this problem persist: "device can perform better when connected to 3.0 " i have updagted the driver and i have usb 3.0 port why does this show up in my settings and yes i have updated the drivers atlleast acccroding to...
  7. Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 persistently crashes.: My game (fh5) crashes during acolades at the same spot. Tried clearing console cache and rebooting and nothing seems to work. Im using internal storage. Even tried starting the game in new profile...
  8. My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired...: My Xbox one S is having connectivity issues. These issues persist both with a wired connection as well as a wireless connection. The console will have periods where the NAT type is coming back as...
  9. Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!

in XboX Insiders
    Game capture problems persist, not possible to use any other then 4k HDR!!: I left the preview program over 2 months ago however I was reporting this while in the program and its still an on going problem. I can not use any capture settings other then 4k HDR (my Consoles...
  10. Xbox capture-related issues still persist

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox capture-related issues still persist: This has been a problem since the December 1, 2020 firmware update. Every time I try to share a capture uploaded to Xbox Live to activity feeds, clubs, or messages on the Xbox One, it still fails...