Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"

Discus and support Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'll tell you why, it's about ! wait for it' the dirty word "MARKETING" where the money men collude with big business, to grab your wallet firmly, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MaudibArachis, May 4, 2014.

  1. Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"


    I'll tell you why, it's about ! wait for it' the dirty word "MARKETING" where the money men collude with big business, to grab your wallet firmly, and maximise profit's, I've watched how they changed the rules and things in the music pass and the so called
    gold pass, to once they had you locked in with the product as a recurring payment customer, and the publishing right's and they all got together, with their hands firmly round your wallet, and the music companies got access to you and your screen, to bombard
    with their product's and crap. sorry about that' I 'm just angry how they have changed the music pass' or is it gold, depending on what country etc., etc, and the product I initially liked and bought, changed ,and all for the differing publishing rights people
    and their catalogues blah blah blah, so it's not in their interest's to change, the music people want your attention and that means videos (for the kids) and sorry I won't go into it , but here in the UK' they really have stuck it to us by even taken the
    settings on the screen away from us, just so as we are not just listening to what we want, they want to bombard you, sorry hear endeth the rant
     
    coolpolitealex (basic knowledge), Oct 7, 2014
    #16
  2. It very well might be, Goat, but the truth of it is simply that we may never truly know... :|
     
    Galactic Geek, Oct 7, 2014
    #17
  3. LOL at all the people backing Microsoft on this issue. On what planet do you spend most of your time? This is such a basic feature it's absolutely shameful that it hasn't been implemented. You can unsnap twitch while broadcasting so this isn't something
    they haven't implemented elsewhere.

    Bought a year of Xbox music thinking this is the only way to play music on the console even though my 360 and original Xbox did this out of the box. Little did I know I have to lose a quarter of my screen to listen to music? This is completely unbelievable.
    The Xbox one is still a parody of itself all this time after launch. You can check my activity as well I've had it since launch day. This is getting so frustrating that so many features suck or are completely missing this long after launch.
     
    an eye elation, Mar 27, 2015
    #18
  4. NxtDoc1851
    NxtDoc1851 Guest

    Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"

    In time it will be implemented. They can only work on so much at one time. The Xbox One is already a completely different console than it was November 22nd 2013. And it will continue too.
     
    NxtDoc1851, Mar 27, 2015
    #19
  5. Elation, it's not the end of the world. Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap" ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 27, 2015
    #20
  6. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest
    When I last posted in this thread I truely believed they'd of done it by now.
     
    Goatsnatcher, Mar 27, 2015
    #21
  7. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    I agree with Goat, seems like a marketing ploy to get people to buy xbox music. Its the same on the competitiors system. I miss listening to music whilst playing driving games. Luckily FH2 has some good tunes on there.
     
    Boas BS5, Mar 27, 2015
    #22
  8. IkISprings
    IkISprings Guest

    Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET US PLAY MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND WITHOUT THE SNAP... WHO HONESTLY LIKES PLAYING WITHOUT THE FULL SCREEN WHILE SIMPLY LISTENING TO MUSIC... IN YOUR NEXT UPDATE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    IkISprings, Oct 31, 2018
    #23
  9. Theory of Game Win User

    Music in background

  10. Jeff Shrek Win User

    No more custom soundtrack while playing games?

    Actually the music offering in Xbox is a big deal, it is terrible and a huge step back.

    No iheart

    No ability to play my music without paying $10mo

    No ability for custom soundtracks or just running music (iheart etc) in the background (snap sucks)

    I know you all know this, but nobody has the brass to fix it, your hiring to many windows folks over in studios, and its costing you market
  11. Burnin TODI Win User

    Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"

    I don't say No...I say they shouldn't be priorities.. Number one priority is anything that improves gameplay and xbox live experience. The colors of tiles in a menu should be the last thing worked on (in my opinion). MS should be working on improving drivers
    and optimization of development tools first...I also say most of these other "fluff" things (music, themes, and especially voice messaging) should have options to use or not by the user (i.e. Not forced).
  12. Burnin TODI Win User

    Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"

    Hmm...to me, a console playing music is a fluffy feature...Most use consoles to play these things called video games. Where were all these people who are wigning about missing media functions, when the entire internet was dumping on Microsoft because they
    weren't focusing on games enough?
  13. iPletch Win User

    Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"

    Although I expect this feature to come with time, it would be very handy while I play Trials right now ;)
Thema:

Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap"

Loading...
  1. Ability to Play music in the background without "Snap" - Similar Threads - Ability Play music

  2. Ability to Hide or Remove Games with Unwanted Achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    Ability to Hide or Remove Games with Unwanted Achievements: I would like to request a feature that allows users to hide or remove games from their achievement history, even if at least one achievement has been unlocked. Currently, once a single...
  3. Did they remove the ability to view a persons clips on their Xbox profile?

    in XboX Insiders
    Did they remove the ability to view a persons clips on their Xbox profile?: Id submitted by /u/Ashton1905 [link] [comments]
  4. You should add the ability to join servers on console

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    You should add the ability to join servers on console: Pls add it I'm begging you 26abad4d-821b-4809-9daf-a2a8935019ce
  5. Xbox Party Chat/Discord - Microphone is functional, but ability to speak or hear others is...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Chat/Discord - Microphone is functional, but ability to speak or hear others is...: Console: Xbox Series S Wired Connection for Network When in an Xbox Party Chat or Discord Chat, my microphone icon (becomes dark) and then randomly stops working so that no one can hear me in...
  6. Bring back left for dead's DLC purchase ability.

    in XboX Insiders
    Bring back left for dead's DLC purchase ability.: Please for the love of left 4 dead one and two and the kids that didn't have the money in the past but do as adults.. please bring back the option for dlc purchases. Don't let the left 4 deads be...
  7. Ability to buy paid currency from different region

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Ability to buy paid currency from different region: i want to buy a paid currency for street fighter 6 1250 coins of the fighter, but I can not buy through my region as my region is missing and before I bought from Turkish region, there prices were...
  8. Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add the ability to only play with other console players in cross play: I love playing competitive games with people who are on a level playing field, but you throw PC gamers into the mix and I feel they have an extremely unfair advantage when pitted against xbox and...
  9. victim of rce, and now it's affecting my ability to play minecraft, how do I fix this problem?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    victim of rce, and now it's affecting my ability to play minecraft, how do I fix this problem?: "Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings." I have absolutely no idea why this is showing up on Java edition on minecraft. My account has no restrictions on it at all,...
  10. I'm playing the backwards compatible Cod: Black Ops 2. My problem is now I have no ability...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm playing the backwards compatible Cod: Black Ops 2. My problem is now I have no ability...: Party chat works and I can hear others perfectly. But I can't speak. The mic icon doesn't show up acting as if I dont have a mic. I have the Turtle Beach React-R controller for the Xbox Series S...