A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this

Discus and support A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just got the A20 Astro headset yesterday, it’s connected to my Xbox and everything the adapter is in and working. I can hear everything but my mic... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by serenity 13, Dec 26, 2023.

1. serenity 13
    serenity 13 Guest

I just got the A20 Astro headset yesterday, it’s connected to my Xbox and everything the adapter is in and working. I can hear everything but my mic isn’t working. I have to scream or yell for people to hear me.

:)

serenity 13, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Zordic Win User

Xbox one X mic Icon still on mute

I am buying the Xbox mic tonight and hope that this works but, in this solution you gave me is to buy an adapter makes the wireless wired or in other words return the astros A20 and buy a headset that has a controller adapter to connect to the headset..
    How can I use a wireless headset? I will find out tonight if this works with the original headset mic for Xbox.
  3. Vanessaez Win User

Hi Serenity 1, my name is Vanessa, and I would be happy to help.

To get your Astro A20 headset microphone working on your Xbox, follow these steps:

Check that the microphone is connected correctly
    Make sure that the microphone is connected correctly to the headset adapter. The microphone should be inserted firmly into the adapter connector.

Check that the microphone is enabled
    On the Xbox, go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Headsets & speakers. Make sure that the microphone is enabled.

Check that the microphone input level is correct
    On the Xbox, go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Headsets & speakers. Adjust the microphone input level until you can hear your voice clearly without having to shout or scream.

If you have followed these steps and the microphone still does not work, you can try the following tips:

Restart the Xbox
    Disconnect and reconnect the headset
    Update the headset software
    If you are still having problems, you can contact Astro support for help.

Here are some additional tips for improving the sound quality of your Astro A20 microphone:

Place the microphone close to your mouth

Speak in a clear and even tone of voice

Avoid speaking with background noise

You can also try the following settings in your microphone software:

Adjust the microphone gain level.

Adjust the microphone equalizer.

Experiment with different settings until you find the sound you like best.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Vanessa.
  4. BeastlyHotShot Win User

Having issues with Astro A40 TR (cant talk)

Same with me but i have a ASTRO A20 i just unplug leave it a while then if it still doesnt work all i can suggest is get a new headset
  5. IRL R3AP3R Win User

Headset

I use astro a20 they are a brillant headset but they are expensive but i feel there worth it. I can hear better and its helping my game out
  6. Arminator Win User

Wireless mic game and party sound

Can you provide us with the exact model of the Astro headset you're getting (e.g. A50, A20 etc.)?

Depending on how the headset connects to the console (directly to the console or through a Mixamp), we can provide better help.
Thema:

1. A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this - Similar Threads - A20 Astro headset

2. I got an Astro A20 Headset and I can’t get it to work with my Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got an Astro A20 Headset and I can’t get it to work with my Xbox.: When I’m in a party with it I can’t hear people talk to me and I can’t speak to them. I can hear game and menu sounds. It shows me in party overlay so I don’t think the mic is broken. It says...
  3. Astro a20 headset - People can't hear me

in XBoX Accessibility
    Astro a20 headset - People can't hear me: People can barely hear me when I talk into my a20 headset. The Audio is fine, and I can hear perfectly but I have to scream for people to hear what I'm saying. I'm also using it on my pc...
  4. XBoc Series X - Fortnite - No Sound Through Astro A20 Gen 2Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBoc Series X - Fortnite - No Sound Through Astro A20 Gen 2Wireless Headset: Hi, This headset works through the XBox X and other games fine but I cant get any sound when playing Fortnite. Ive tried most nearly all audio settings to no avail. Can anyone help?...
  5. A20

in XBoX Accessibility
    A20: What to do when your A20's mic is low 730cf2b2-906b-44a0-9862-cf3e5ac3d1e9
  6. DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless

in XboX Insiders
    DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless: Anyone loosing HDMI audio more often since starting the DTS beta? No audio coming out my receiver, just headphone audio. Tried toggling between Auto and HDMI video settings and many console...
  7. Will samsung A20 hotspot an xbox360s??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will samsung A20 hotspot an xbox360s??: Cannot get internet from samsungA20 does anyone know why?? Samsung don't!! 512b10ef-bd53-4fd6-b9c6-170be6a9ea31
  8. Samsung A20 and xbox360. Hotspot problem.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Samsung A20 and xbox360. Hotspot problem.: I try to connect my hotspot and the Xbox360 read the phone but fail to connect. I connect an iphone x, moto e6, lg stylo4 and all connect but the A20 Samsung no. And i do not know what to do....
  9. Astro A20 headset microphone not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Astro A20 headset microphone not working: I have an Astro A20 wirless headset and just recently the microphone stopped working but the game audio continues to work. I play on the xbox one and i have never had this problem before. It...
  10. Xbox1 won't show my astro a20's in accessories

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 won't show my astro a20's in accessories: It was connected for a while but then just stopped.. c71e710f-09fa-468d-83a2-95e8d62bb07b