A while ago my Xbox gamertag was changed, which was unauthorized, and I can't change it back ...

Discus and support A while ago my Xbox gamertag was changed, which was unauthorized, and I can't change it back ... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm not sure how long ago it was, but my Xbox gamertag was changed unauthorized, and I still want to change it back, but I can't pay for it. Can I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TargetingArr0ws, Sep 20, 2018.

1. A while ago my Xbox gamertag was changed, which was unauthorized, and I can't change it back ...

I'm not sure how long ago it was, but my Xbox gamertag was changed unauthorized, and I still want to change it back, but I can't pay for it. Can I change it back, or am I stuck with it?

:)

TargetingArr0ws, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Gamer tag changed randomly

My gamertag changed without me changing it and now I can’t change it back to what it was without paying $10.

ninjaroadkill74, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Dethangore
    Dethangore Guest
    Free Gamertag Change?

Are one-time free gamertag changes still offered, no matter how old your account is? I could have sworn I read that I was still eligible for a free gamertag change a few months ago, but ended up backing out without changing it. Now it would appear the offer
    is no longer valid as it's asking me to pay 800 Microsoft points for a change. Did I miss my chance or is this a mistake?

Dethangore, Sep 20, 2018
  4. PetryBosch
    PetryBosch Guest

A while ago my Xbox gamertag was changed, which was unauthorized, and I can't change it back ...

Hi,

your gamertag can be changed when it was found offensive.

the only way to change the name again is buy paying for it.

Your old name can't be used until Microsoft releases it (after 5 years if it is not offensive).

You can ask enforcement to look at your case here: https://enforcement.xbox.com/

PetryBosch, Sep 20, 2018
  5. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    Unfortunately you are responsible for all actions done on your account. Xbox will not let you do a free gamertag change in this situation as this would make more people try to get this done.

You will have to buy a change. If your previous gamertag has not been taken by anyone yet you can switch back to that one.

Make sure you secured your account so that the hijacker can not access your account anymore:

Compromised Microsoft Account Help | Hacked Microsoft Account Help

And please consider adding 2-step verification to your account:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

ChiefJoboo, Sep 20, 2018
  6. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

Was your gamertag changed by the Xbox enforcement team or was it changed by someone else?

Tormaz, Sep 20, 2018
  7. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello TargetingArr0ws

There are different situations to why gamertag gets changed one is by enforcement but as you are stating it was unauthorized so if that means by friend, family, or hacker and if was recent there are steps you can do but all involve contacting support
    there are policies in place for unauthorized purchases and such you can
    contact us
    here if that is the case.

As stated above if it is an enforcement action you will have to pay the fee to change it back and if your old one was changed by enforcement there will be no way to recover that one. Which you can check enforcement at https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team

XBF Brad A, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: