A question about dx12

Discus and support A question about dx12 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; "Like I said before, we will see when it drops" True... It's pointless speculating until the proof (either way) has been served up in the proverbial... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tohellnbak, Apr 8, 2014.

  1. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest

    A question about dx12


    "Like I said before, we will see when it drops" True... It's pointless speculating until the proof (either way) has been served up in the proverbial pudding.

    "then you can eat your words....." Or... Maybe you can? Who really knows apart from the people directly involved?
     
    xenomorph v1, Apr 8, 2014
    #16
  2. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    Actually Cujo... back in the 1990s under the hood of my Integra,,, which at that moment had roughly 135HP.. I had a modified PC racing chip installed... with NO CHANGING OF THE ENGINE PARTS OR COMPONENTS... thus bringing the HP up 165...

    so please...stop with the car comparisons...
     
    tohellnbak, Apr 8, 2014
    #17
  3. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @GG

    We don't know how it's going to impact older games yet.

    Microsoft demo'd Forza 5 using DX12 and we saw significant improvements. Problem is they weren't running it with Xbox One hardware but with a Nvidia Titan Black GPU.

    So if the "doubling" of performance is only obtainable with a GPU that cost twice as much as the One I have my concerns. It's common for them to demo using PC's but they could have at leased used hardware that was somewhere close to the Ones.....just smoke
    and mirrors at this point.
     
    Randver, Apr 9, 2014
    #18
  4. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

    A question about dx12

    tohellnbak, Apr 9, 2014
    #19
  5. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest
    The "doubling" comes from efficiencies not magic... sheesh... the math says 200%, reality may say 150-160% increase.
     
    xXCamhawkXx, Apr 9, 2014
    #20
  6. Randver
    Randver Guest
    That's the first covering of the demo where it appears the writer knew it wasn't Xbox hardware on the day of the demo.

    According to the rest of the websites it was announced after the fact by Nvidia on their blog. Every story I read about it the day it was covered was regarding the 1080p/60 abilities of DX12 rather then the ability to port a console game to the PC that will
    never come to the PC.

    Interesting....../tinfoil hat on
     
    Randver, Apr 9, 2014
    #21
  7. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    most of those BLOG websites you are referring to usually get their "news" from a single source. All it takes was one person... one time to say it was 1080P on a titan... then all hell will break loose...

    The fact is and was as stated by the conference itself... not some guy named Xxx3LiteG4MerxxX on Gamesforfun.tv, was the fact that DX12 makes the use of console level efficiency being able to ported to the PC.. by having a few man hours to port a demo over
    from XB1 to a pc version... the question should not be resolution....
     
    tohellnbak, Apr 9, 2014
    #22
  8. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest

    A question about dx12

    No Cujo you do not know the specs and neither do I. Show me where the GPU Type and customization is clearly stated?
     
    RippenHarra, Apr 9, 2014
    #23
  9. I may not be a hardware tech, but I'm pretty sure that the Xbox One features some good ventilation. Even the Kinect and power brick seem to have fans. Half of the console itself is pure ventilation. Cooling the console was obviously a priority.
     
    Fatalshock8912, Apr 9, 2014
    #24
  10. Hellfire IRL
    Hellfire IRL Guest
    tohellnbak is exactly right, we'll get the most benefit from having AAA multi platforms using Xbox One for primary development due to the ease at which games can be ported to Windows and Phone using DX12.
     
    Hellfire IRL, Apr 9, 2014
    #25
  11. JWSpeed
    JWSpeed Guest
    @ Cujo, No one said that DX12 will make the X1 do more than it is capable of. The software right now is only using 1 cylinder of that 6 cylinder engine, DX12 will be able to use all 6.

    Talk about acting silly, you take the cake.
     
    JWSpeed, Apr 9, 2014
    #26
  12. They need to make an idiot's guide to the DX12 upgrade, because Cores, Cylinders... it all goes WOOOSH with me.
     
    Fatalshock8912, Apr 9, 2014
    #27
  13. x7SNOOPY7x
    x7SNOOPY7x Guest

    A question about dx12

    @Jwspeed. i thought it was using 2 cylinders?. ive read that ryse was only using 2. imagine full use of all 6? OMG
     
    x7SNOOPY7x, Apr 9, 2014
    #28
  14. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @tohellnbak

    I agree, anyone can have a blog. The only blog I made reference to was Nvidia's and their covering of the demo which they basically used as a marketing tool for the Titan after the fact.

    I guess my round about point was.....until we see DX12 on console hardware, running a console game, we don't know anything.

    The reality of it is DX12 in itself isn't going to increase performance if it's not used correctly by developers. I have plenty of PC games that are poorly coded and don't take advantage of what's available to them today.

    When people start discussing the ability to use multiple cores and Microsoft in the same sentence it makes me cringe. I can't count the number of hours I've lost trying to get parked cores un-parked to increase performance on the PC.
     
    Randver, Apr 9, 2014
    #29
  15. JWSpeed
    JWSpeed Guest
    @ SNOOPY7, there is some much crap on the internet what do you believe? I do know for sure the X1 is waiting for software to make use of all it's capability.
     
    JWSpeed, Apr 9, 2014
    #30
Thema:

A question about dx12

Loading...
  1. A question about dx12 - Similar Threads - question dx12

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  10. Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...

    in XboX Insiders
    Heyy, quick question about updates in the Omega ring. When it says mandatory time, what...: I ask because I haven't received the update for the Disc to Digital feature yet despite being in the Omega program. I looked on a site and it said the mandatory time is 3 PM Pt on September 2....