A problem with the security key on xbox 360

Discus and support A problem with the security key on xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft i have a recently problem with my xbox 360 security key...the problem comes when I changed my security key in my email, the key I placed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GamerCesarL, Mar 5, 2019.

1. GamerCesarL
    GamerCesarL Guest

Dear Microsoft i have a recently problem with my xbox 360 security key...the problem comes when I changed my security key in my email, the key I placed exactly has 22 characters and placing it on the
    xbox 360 is left denied, after analyzing the situation note that the maximum number of characters on xbox 360 is 16 and this is not specific when a new key is placed, which is frustrating and tedious ... I know it is an old console but it is still used a lot.

:)

GamerCesarL, Mar 5, 2019
  2. GamerCesarL Win User

this issue has been fixed, thanks so much
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Cesar,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. Sorry to hear that you have had a bit of trouble with your new password on your 360. Due to the available technology at the inception of the Xbox 360, the password (security key) would be limited
    to 16 characters max. Our apologies that this wasn't clearly stated when you went to update your information. You'll want to

update your password
    again to the correct parameters from a PC so that you're able to access your profile on your 360 console.

I hope this helps you out!
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there Cesar!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  5. Draelren Win User

connection

Is this an older 360 or is it a new S model? Do you know the network security key?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

How do I set the WEP key on my 360?

I'm a little confused by your question. If you've already secured your router, you don't need to secure your Xbox. You need to connect it to your router via wireless if you don't want any cables. When you connect to your router, you enter the same key
    on the 360 that you made for the router security.

I would advise not to use a WEP key though, it's an older obselete way of securing a wireless network.
Thema:

1. A problem with the security key on xbox 360 - Similar Threads - problem security key

2. Problem with party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem with party: For the better half of two weeks my Xbox party chat hasn’t been working and I’ve tried everything and it’s not working if it helps the error code is [0x80004005]. I’ve tried switching to a wired...
  3. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  4. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  5. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...
  6. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  7. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  8. 2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems: We have 2 Xboxes, an Xbox One Series X and an Xbox One X. Both running Plantronics wireless headsets. NAT is open. State of the art Black Hawk router current Gen $700 I paid for it. These xboxes...
  9. Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Friend: Notification & Join game Problems: Out of all my friends, I have one friend that I do not get notifications that they are online, cannot join their games and this is the same for all of his friends. Even with them on his friends...
  10. I have a problem with my xbox security thing

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a problem with my xbox security thing: So I have sea of thieves and I'm trying to talk to people, I can't and I can't change my security options to hear other people because I don't know where to do it....