A Problem <And Solution> with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

Discus and support A Problem with Port Forwarding and Xbox. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Recently I have been struggling with the nightmare inducing ultra hellhole that is port forwarding to host a server for Foundry Virtual Table top. And... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/The_Insane_Mentalist, Apr 27, 2023.

1. A Problem with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

Recently I have been struggling with the nightmare inducing ultra hellhole that is port forwarding to host a server for Foundry Virtual Table top. And then, While undergoing having my brain dunked in a brine of "being a salty gamer" sauce, an idea hit my vacant headspace with the force of an angry Zebra.

That being said, What if as a feature of Gamepass Ultimate I was allowed to host a cloud server for PC Games that would require a port forwarding through Xbox's open port?

I.E., I can run my foundry VTT and addons by asking my Xbox to host the server infrastructure for a PC Game?

I feel like this would give the Xbox a massive edge in PC Gaming, in that people could host servers for games that would require a sacrifice of a goat on an alter to get multiplayer working. Minecraft Java edition, Garry's Mod, Using your Xbox as a multiplayer hosting solution would be amazing! I would gladly pay triple the price of current game pass ultimate or XBL Gold for this feature alone.

submitted by /u/The_Insane_Mentalist
    [link] [comments]

/u/The_Insane_Mentalist, Apr 27, 2023
  2. II MANIAC II Win User

Can't connect to specific friend in party or games

Finally a solution to my problem. The port forwarding worked, Thanks
  3. wikkiwild Win User

Connection issue

Have you port forwarded? With out port forwarding you will have problems connecting to XBL servers. You can go

here
    to check for a solution.
  4. Letha1Venge4nce Win User

Red Dead Redemption Online Connection Issue

I´ve been running into the same problem yesterday. The solution was to port forwarding. Log into your router and open : •Port 88 (UDP), •Port 3074 (UDP and TCP), •Port 53 (UDP and TCP), •Port 80 (TCP).
  5. Ambress Win User

Have Good Xbox Live Connection But No Downloads Work

Well, as luck would have it, I stumbled upon the solution to my problem. It seems the the enabling of UPnP on my router and yet also having port forwarding enabled was where the conflict resided. I hadn't really considered that, because I use port forwarding
    for ports other than those unique to the Xbox service. But, with the Xbox-related ports disabled in the firewall rules, yet keeping UPnP enabled, all is well now.
  6. VibroPlex Win User

Please help, very confused!

Actually, UPnP, as per the Connectivity support folks with Xbox, can cause problems if used with Port Forwarding and if used with DMZ, so please consider all three of those as mutually exclusive.

If you can connect with just UPnP, that's the best solution, as that's the only way to reliably connect with mutliple Xboxes on a network.

If you have only one Xbox, then you can use Port Forwarding or DMZ if UPnP fails. Port Forwarding of port 3074 (UDP+TCP Both) is preferred as it delivers data to the Xbox with less overhead, and does not deliver irrelevant data to the Xbox.
Thema:

A Problem with Port Forwarding and Xbox.

1. A Problem with Port Forwarding and Xbox. - Similar Threads - Problem <And Solution>

2. Problem with party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem with party: For the better half of two weeks my Xbox party chat hasn’t been working and I’ve tried everything and it’s not working if it helps the error code is [0x80004005]. I’ve tried switching to a wired...
  3. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  4. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  5. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...
  6. Any solution to the problem that games close on their own on the Xbox Series X, it happens...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any solution to the problem that games close on their own on the Xbox Series X, it happens...: Any solution to the problem that games close on their own on the Xbox Series X, it happens to me with Fortnite and Forza Horizon 5 14ca5501-a290-4059-b0dc-ae4d5d9d2319
  7. Why isn't my roblox working can u update it or give me a solution to the problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my roblox working can u update it or give me a solution to the problem?: I am having a problem with Roblox, every time that I open it tells me to press A to continue, so I do but then it just sits on the Roblox symbol and pans between the random landscape in the...
  8. I want a solution to the problem of my xbox series x, can you help me so that I do not send...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want a solution to the problem of my xbox series x, can you help me so that I do not send...: About two weeks ago, I sent my device to you for maintenance because the display resolution of the games is bad, the frequent exit of the games, the device stopped working, and a lot of errors...
  9. Can you guys give me any tips or a solution for this problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you guys give me any tips or a solution for this problem?: After I got the Xbox update, my Xbox One started to act up and not function the way it usually does. I would try to update or install a game and it would stay at 0% or queue. I'd try launching the...
  10. says cant connect to DHCP server which recommended solution is reset router. problem is i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    says cant connect to DHCP server which recommended solution is reset router. problem is i...: things tried: - all other troubleshooter options - hard reset of console wifi connection fd8f9887-54bc-426c-b234-07e9d20b30f2