A newly purchased game keeps crashing

Discus and support A newly purchased game keeps crashing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a game of the Microsoft store 2 days ago - rise of nations extended edition. I played it once and I went to try to play again today and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Elijah Gwynne, Nov 1, 2023.

1. A newly purchased game keeps crashing

I bought a game of the Microsoft store 2 days ago - rise of nations extended edition. I played it once and I went to try to play again today and the game will turn on and open for about a second and then crash. Very frustrating that I have to ask a question in the community board instead of just being able to call or chat with an employee right now

:)

Elijah Gwynne, Nov 1, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips on Console:
    1. Check for known issues.
    2. Restart the game.
    3. Power cycle your machine.
    4. Test your network connection.
    5. Try using a different profile.
    6. Remove and re-add your profile.
    7. Clear the local save and resync with the cloud.
    8. Uninstall game > Restart console > Install game.

For more details on the above kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

Here are a few troubleshooting tips for PC:
    - Restart your device.
    - Update Windows.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.
    - Uninstall game > Restart Machine > Install game.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. AmberFlunky257 Win User

Wont Accept Credit Card

No err code is shown. Simply wont confirm credit card info. Im in a country not in the US, but keeps asking state. What to do? Cant purchase xbox gold no newly purchased game! Stuck!!@!!!
  4. UneasyJmitchell Win User

What bugs/glitches have you noticed in the beta?

These newly released games "max out" the 360, thus freezing and crashing them. The technology is just too old.
  5. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Problem playing newly purchased game.

6. Joke2Smoints Win User

Problem playing newly purchased game.

RvB York 115, ya i tried deleting and re-downloading, no luck. As for SoulDogWarrior and Mister Darcy's idea, i will have to bring my 360 back to my friends house to use their internet to try it. PS Mister Darcy after i try i will post here letting you know
    if it worked or not; hopefully it IS just a problem with portion where the game is being stored and it is fixed by me filling up that space...i can't advance any further in the game because when i try to play the mission high stakes low rider, the disc read
    error pops up near a certain checkpoint every time
Thema:

1. A newly purchased game keeps crashing - Similar Threads - newly purchased game

2. Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build: Hello, I built my PC about 6 months ago and it has been working well for some time, but over the last few weeks I have been plagued by constant BSODs from various sources. Most of them seem to be...
  3. X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    X3 gamepad bluetooth code for a newly installed windows pc: [img] i want to connect a X3 controller to my pc via Bluetooth and its asking for a pin yesterday it connected without any pin but this time its asking for pin i tried the one time code(OTP)...
  4. Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly purchased controller shows less than 2months warranty: Why does my brand new controller show only 2 months warranty (carbon black)?. I bought it from Walmart with a gift card that I got for Christmas. 11520835-9864-4e2f-a5e9-423ad6fdb1a8
  5. Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newly Purchased Xbox Elite Core Controller - Update Challenge: Hey Microsoft Support team, Hope you're doing awesome! Just got myself the new Xbox Elite Core Controller and the kit with it too, and I'm super excited about it. However, I'm hitting a little...
  6. Warranty for newly bought XBox X controller from Flipkart alread expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty for newly bought XBox X controller from Flipkart alread expired: Hi, I bought a XBox controller from Flipkart which is an authorized reseller in India. However, while registering my device in my Microsoft account, I see the warranty already expired. When I...
  7. Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games: Whenever I try to open the game after it is finished downloading it dosen't load and gives me an error message of "____________ took too long to start". How do I resolve this issue?...
  8. Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games: I got my daughter an Xbox One and she did everything she normally did with the last one. Everything was going fine. Got games installed. Then it won't actually PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES. Tried...
  9. I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.: Every time I try to play new mature games that I just installed, I can’t, because I get an error code that says class not registered. It only happens with mature games, but it doesn’t happen with...
  10. Cannot Install Newly Purchased Game on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install Newly Purchased Game on PC: Hello, I recently purchased Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Windows 10/11 for a discounted price on the webstore at this link:...