"A Java Exception has occured." error when trying to create a Minecraft server with the...

Discus and support "A Java Exception has occured." error when trying to create a Minecraft server with the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Note: I did put a bit of sarcasm in here just for it to be a good read. That does NOT mean that I need a Java 21 or 17 Developer install to run a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MissingPro, Nov 14, 2023.

1. MissingPro
    MissingPro Guest

"A Java Exception has occured." error when trying to create a Minecraft server with the...

Note: I did put a bit of sarcasm in here just for it to be a good read. That does NOT mean that I need a Java 21 or 17 Developer install to run a Minecraft Server.

Hi!

I'm trying to run a Minecraft server for a funny video I want to make. There's one issue though. Whenever I try to run the JAR file, it gives me the very basic error of:

A Java Exception has occurred.

I know, there's so much detail in that message, right? Jokes aside, I've tried to look up information about this error, but it's always like:

To fix this issue, install Java. Duh. Obviously, it's a JAR file! Or they'll be slightly more specific, like:

To fix this issue, install Java 17. But there is no Java 17 download on Oracle's website, nor on Java's website! All there is is the developer downloads. Yeah, I'd totally need THAT to run a Minecraft server. I've tried running Jarfix, a program that aims to fix what Windows believes which program runs JAR files, but that's been of no use. And there's one YouTube video... that asks you to install Java 8 to run a Minecraft server! What?! I have Java 8 installed, infact I uninstalled and reinstalled Java 8, and it's still giving me this error! Why is nobody talking about this? My god!

For some more information, I'm on a Dell OptiPlex 7040 computer, a very strong one, and I've been led to believe that it has 1TB of storage space. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on version 22H2 and OS build 19045.3570 and also Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0. That's all the information about my specs I can give. I'm running the Java 8 build that can be downloaded from the Java website.

Thank you!

:)

MissingPro, Nov 14, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

"A Java Exception has occured." error when trying to create a Minecraft server with the 1.20.2 version

Hello MissingPro,

Sure you can call me Car. Good to know that it is working now and thank you for sharing the method you perform to fix issue. This will be helpful with the rest of the community member who may encounter this type of issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.
  3. MissingPro Win User

"A Java Exception has occured." error when trying to create a Minecraft server with the 1.20.2 version

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you going through the troubleshooting steps. Our focus here is on helping with a wide variety of Xbox product and service-related issues. Most game-specific issues, like what you are describing here, need to be addressed by the developer or publisher through their sites. Let us help you get to the right place.

For this, the best approach is to contact Mojang Support: Contact Us | Minecraft Help
    Thank you, Car. (May I call you that please?)

I have found a solution, though. I wanted to make a Minecraft server in order to make a video wherein I poke fun at MC anarchy servers such as 2b2t and how most players hack on servers like 2b2t. Instead, I used a singleplayer world where I would act like a regular MC player, then I changed my skin to make it look like I'm another player and from there I could make a video.

Thanks anyways, though!
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello MissingPro,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you going through the troubleshooting steps. Our focus here is on helping with a wide variety of Xbox product and service-related issues. Most game-specific issues, like what you are describing here, need to be addressed by the developer or publisher through their sites. Let us help you get to the right place.

For this, the best approach is to contact Mojang Support: Contact Us | Minecraft Help
  5. Daniel Breitschaft Win User

Forza Hub

I tried but it looks like the forum is abandoned...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime ErrorDescription: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

Minecraft bedrock to Java server

Hi Jon. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Minecraft Java does not require Xbox Game Pass, are you trying to connect to a specific Minecraft server?

What happens when you try to join the server? Provide screenshots of any errors or messages you see.

Have you tried connecting to any other servers?

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. "A Java Exception has occured." error when trying to create a Minecraft server with the... - Similar Threads - Java Exception has

2. capes showing on bedrock and not java

in XBoX on Windows
    capes showing on bedrock and not java: i own the twitch tiktok and cherry and many more capes on bedrock and it doesent apper on java i need help lmao 7bc91843-96e7-41e7-8a2c-1b61f450619c
  3. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47
  4. my bedrock multiplayer is working but when i load up java it says "multiplayer is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my bedrock multiplayer is working but when i load up java it says "multiplayer is...: my bedrock multiplayer is working but when i load up java it says "multiplayer is disabled.please check your mircosoft account settings b6a3d664-f609-4eed-a791-abd29e3020b4
  5. I didn't get the Twitch/TikTok cape on my java account

in XBoX on Windows
    I didn't get the Twitch/TikTok cape on my java account: I have redeemed both codes before 8th of June, they didn't appear after the 8th, so I tried imputing codes again but it says that I own the product already b83ee281-181f-489b-8e49-89636378fb7e
  6. I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought the bedrock version and Java version on the official website of Minecraft, but...: On this occasion,Before that, I had got the Java version and bedrock version of Minecraft on the official website, but I couldn't download the installation package on Android devices on the...
  7. Why won't multiplayer work on Java?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't multiplayer work on Java?: I have turned on multiplayer through the family settings app, it works on bedrock for my iPad but when I try to play on Java on my MacBook multiplayer still says to change my settings....
  8. When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I enable multiplayer it works for bedrock but not for java Minecraft: I just got the pack for Minecraft giving me Bedrock and Java Edition. After enabling lots of permissions using the Xbox Family Settings app, I can only use Multiplayer and friend features of...
  9. Where can i claim my free Java when i have bedrock?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where can i claim my free Java when i have bedrock?: I Have bedrock edition for my computer, but I can't seem to claim my Java. where can I get help on this topic? 8371bed2-81f7-4b32-8efb-8f171967cec1
  10. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36