A game I redeemed with a free code says I don't own it but I have no options to buy it

Discus and support A game I redeemed with a free code says I don't own it but I have no options to buy it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, recently I redeemed a free code for Dark Souls that came with Dark Souls 3 day one edition. I never redeemed it before because I had no urge to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SlyOne_1, Feb 12, 2019.

1. SlyOne_1
    SlyOne_1 Guest

A game I redeemed with a free code says I don't own it but I have no options to buy it

Hello, recently I redeemed a free code for Dark Souls that came with Dark Souls 3 day one edition. I never redeemed it before because I had no urge to play the game, but now I do and instead of getting the remastered version I thought I could play the
    backwards compatible version I got with Dark Souls 3. Apparently I thought wrong because after installing the game I keep getting the pop up message that asks me to either purchase the game at the store or put in the disc. I went to the store on xbox.com because
    it says you cant buy it on XB1 but I can't buy it because I already own it. I downloaded the game on my 360 as well but that changed nothing, also it actually works on my 360 but my controller is busted so i cant really play it on that. Iv'e tried alot of
    troubleshooting and tried connecting with a Microsoft agent but apparently their service is down or something and I spoke with a community representative beforehand who had no idea what to do. I don't want to cough up the dough for the special edition but
    im becoming fairly desperate and I spent 2 hours troubleshooting today. If anyone has any helpful answers or a way to contact Microsoft support (cause I suspect this is a billing order issue) than please assist me, thanks!

:)

SlyOne_1, Feb 12, 2019
  2. SlyOne_1 Win User

So I just caved and bought the remastered version of dark souls instead. For the record im not impressed with Microsoft's question bot and lack of clear path to any actual Microsoft employees, aswell as the fact that this sort of situation can even happen.
  3. SlyOne_1 Win User

It still asks If I own this game or app after unplugging for 30 seconds.
  4. Minecart Family Win User

This kind of thing happens time to time with certain games. I have definitely had this happen to me once or twice, but typically it is resolved by uninstalling the game. Typically what I do is uninstall the game entirely, clear and saves, and then attempt
    to re-download it. Once it is off your system sometimes it can resolve itself.

If that does not work I have found just calling xbox live support usually resolves it is a few minutes. I know it is a pain to call in for support, but time to time an error must be cleared by a microsoft employee because it is related to services or the
    actual download.

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience, just know there is a lot of people that do try to help in these situations, but sometimes if the support staff has not experienced this type of issue it is hard to resolve easily.

Just remember that software can have all kinds of issues on any platform from PC or playstation to Xbox. No matter where you deal with software time to time there is a hiccup. Just try to keep calm and call for support and typically they can resolve your
    issue 99% of the time.

I really hope that helps.

Have a great day.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi there,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your issue with Dark Souls. The game is reverse compatible (Xbox One backward compatibility FAQ) so
    you should be able to play it on your Xbox One; however, since you keeping getting that message asking it you own it (which you've already tested out on your 360), then what you may need to do is refresh the profile on your Xbox One's 360 emulator.

To bring up the emulator, launch any 360 game on your Xbox one. When you see the Xbox 360 graphic load, press the View & Menu buttons (2 small buttons in the center of the controller) simultaneously for a few seconds. This will bring up the 360 Guide. From
    there, you'll want to remove your profile and then choose to re-download it to the console. This should refresh your entitlements and allow you to launch the game.

How to add or remove an Xbox profile on Xbox 360

Give this a try and please let us know the results!

I hope this helps you out!
  6. SlyOne_1 Win User

Unless I somehow did that wrong, It didn't work and still asks If I own this game or app
Thema:

1. A game I redeemed with a free code says I don't own it but I have no options to buy it - Similar Threads - game redeemed free

2. I redeemed a MTNDEW code for the new Xbox promotion and I have not received the free game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed a MTNDEW code for the new Xbox promotion and I have not received the free game...: I redeemed the code yesterday and I got the points for the website, but I haven't gotten the free game pass. What do I do. 8a09deba-3842-4db6-961d-edbc5900897f
  3. i was trying to redeem the free game pass from the mtn dew promo and to redeem it you have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i was trying to redeem the free game pass from the mtn dew promo and to redeem it you have...: I was trying to redeem the free game pass from the mtn dew promo and to redeem it you have to make an account but the city,state and zip code options all do not let me put anything for them...
  4. says that I redeemed my game pass ultimate 24 months free on my account. But when I try and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    says that I redeemed my game pass ultimate 24 months free on my account. But when I try and...: Hi there, I hope you can help as Microsoft support is zero help. I have a series x and it says that I redeemed my game pass ultimate 24 months free on my account. But when I try and use game pass...
  5. I cant Purchase/redeem free trial of xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant Purchase/redeem free trial of xbox game pass: When I put in my card details, It says, "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." But I triple checked, and the card details are all good. I even used a different...
  6. Cant Redeem Free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 2 Months

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant Redeem Free Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 2 Months: I just got gifted a Discord Nitro Subscription and saw it includes a free 2 Months Redeem Code for the Xbox Game Pass. I tried to redeem it but it still required me to put in Payment Information....
  7. How can I redeem my FREE game pass subscription.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I redeem my FREE game pass subscription.: How can I redeem my FREE game pass subscription? I got it after I bought my gaming laptop. ( I lived in the Philippines) eabb5f49-71d0-4b1c-9523-cda8765b385b
  8. Can't redeem PC game pass key , I got free for playing halo infinite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redeem PC game pass key , I got free for playing halo infinite.: I received a mail thanking for playing halo infinite , and Received a Free PC game pass key for 3 months. I can't redeem it, there is an error saying :- Check the instructions that came with...
  9. Trying to redeem free Xbox Game pass Ultimate for 3 months

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to redeem free Xbox Game pass Ultimate for 3 months: I own a laptop and game on my laptop and have 3 months of Xbox Game pass Ultimate for free but cannot use it. When I attempt to redeem it, the Xbox app says that the Xbox Game Pass has been...
  10. how to redeem Xbox free game pass in lenovo laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    how to redeem Xbox free game pass in lenovo laptop.: how to redeem Xbox free game pass in lenovo laptop, everytime I click on redeem it asks my card details and after entering the details correctly it says details doesnt match...