A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

Discus and support A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It says it’s damaged how do I redeem my game? 9d9f41cc-8c2d-499f-ab49-42dea638d12c Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lixander Flores, Aug 29, 2023.

1. A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

It says it’s damaged how do I redeem my game?

:)

Lixander Flores, Aug 29, 2023
  2. Dad ❤️ Win User

A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the game now?

I would like to know why I can't redeem the game in a different country
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the game now?

Hi there,

The purchaser will need to check the code and make sure that it's still active.

Also note, if your friend is not in the same country as you, you will not be able to redeem the gifted game.

More info on digital gifting, and what to do if you can't redeem a code can be found here and here.
  4. gilbertobarajas1 Win User

Can't Redeem a Code

What if a friend gifted me a game (Dark souls remastered) and his and my accounts are both American, but when he gifted it to me i was in a different country i get the error of saying can’t redeem it because it was bought in a different region does that mean i can’t get the game anymore even if i go back to the United States?
  5. Ben4724 Win User

How do I redeem a gift card that is damaged

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member here in the community and hope you are doing well!

With regards to damaged gift card, if you still have the receipt I suggest to contact the Xbox support team directly instead. But make sure you have the receipt ready as they might ask for it. You may reach them here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Just click Contact us > Subscriptions & billing > I can't redeem a code > type in Support > Click Next > Choose "See contact options" and from there you can choose to chat with them or request a callback.

But for me the chat is faster than to wait for a callback so I would suggest to go for chat instead. You may also see this link as reference on what to do for damaged codes https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...

I hope the information helps somehow but feel free to post back if you have questions and we will try with the best of our knowledge to assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  6. Redted33 Win User

Why cant i download a game that was gifted to me

"The code was damaged or corrupt" and listed letters and numbers that arent supposed to be in codes. (my code was fine) but i cant redeem it on uk or U.S whenever i change my account region (the game was gifted to me by a friend in the U.S)
Thema:

A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

1. A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the... - Similar Threads - friend gifting game

2. Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?: I recently gifted the dark pictures little hope(game) to my friend so we could play together but it seems he hasn’t received it. I’m just curious because last time I did this he was able to...
  3. My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...: My friend gifted me something a week ago and it hasnt come it yet 44708d46-f152-45e1-a5d9-f24e951b5b10
  4. Glitched game pass gift for a friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitched game pass gift for a friend.: Hello, I made a bad mistake of buying a gift for my friend (which is on my Xbox) on my computer which has the game pass (for pc) 3 months trial. We're game sharing and the game runs better on my...
  5. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  6. Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere: Friend sent a gfit to me, got the email from microsoft and everything, still don't have the game they bought after waiting 12 hours 2afdde5c-d280-4dba-ad6d-b00673466594
  7. If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...

in XboX Insiders
    If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...: Sorry if my question isn't precise, a friend wants to give me an Xbox game directly with the "buy as gift" option. This will give me the game with a code but once downloaded will he also have...
  8. My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...: I just got up and would appreciate help on the matter cause there ain’t no way some random person just guessed the code. 7089c418-e667-4aa7-9e3e-16a7e4c08ad3
  9. If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??: Trying to send my friend funds for game pass through the Microsoft store. 927c4674-cad6-4433-86d2-048c38dc1319
  10. Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their...: I want to gift a game to a friend in another country but can't, so I'm wondering if it will work, if I change my region to their country, and then gift them the game ? Or does my IP also have to...