A friend bought me a game but I can't use the code

Discus and support A friend bought me a game but I can't use the code in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I live in the Netherlands and my friend lives in Texas and he bought a game for me but it isn't letting me use the code... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hearthcase, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Hearthcase
    Hearthcase Guest

I live in the Netherlands and my friend lives in Texas and he bought a game for me but it isn't letting me use the code

:)

Hearthcase, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Buachaill Dona Win User

3. denis97g Win User

unfortunately, it's not possible to gift games between different regions.Your friend will have to ask for a refund.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Unfortunately you can't gift games if your friend lives in a different country. He will have to either gift to another friend in the US or request a refund. It does state at purchase that gifting is only available in the same country.
  5. Ricardo Cintra Win User

You try go in Store and Reender a Code?
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello Hearthcase!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

Since you both live in different regions I would suggest next time for him to send you the funds / currency directly so

that you can make the purchase properly from your own region.

If it's possible, you can suggest to your friend to apply for a refund.

In order to submit the refund request, visit this link here :
    Request an Xbox digital product refund

You can always
    contact us here
    for further assistance, but all refund requests must go through that form.

Hope this helps!

Happy Gaming!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

1. A friend bought me a game but I can't use the code - Similar Threads - friend bought game

2. Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded: Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked every possible accounts regions which was...
  3. I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought...: I don’t own mw3 but my friend is letting me game share so I can play mw3 and I just bought the vault edition and it’s not giving me vault edition stuff 93b02e79-badb-4a06-9785-8cc2fa1706c8
  4. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  5. Hey I live in the US and I bought a game from the xbox store for a friend in El Salvador...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I live in the US and I bought a game from the xbox store for a friend in El Salvador...: Wanted to know if he can claim a gift code if he is in another country cbff7088-741e-4eb9-9815-f6deb5cd7b11
  6. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  7. Bought a game for a friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game for a friend.: I bought a friend a copy of Monster Hunter World, but he hasn’t received an email or code redemption option in messages. Is there something else I need to do or did I get robbed??...
  8. I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...: It was telling the friend of mine whose code didn't work that the code was damaged repeatedly. And we don't know why that is. 53279453-dd42-4c77-bc7b-4a7ebe0ba896
  9. NEED HELP ASAP. Bought a game for a friend (digital)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NEED HELP ASAP. Bought a game for a friend (digital): NEED HELP: I bought a game on MY Xbox (on friends account) and then he logged on and installed it (Cold War cross gen bundle) and tried opening it and it tells him he needs to purchase it… what’s...
  10. Can you play human fall flat on console with your friend on pc that bought the game from steam?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play human fall flat on console with your friend on pc that bought the game from steam?: I want to know if we can play,my friend want to buy it from steam we will be able to play? 15d0cd9d-026f-48ec-8b0d-50e41213bba9